Profile for Crucial , XBL : ION CRUCIAL > Reviews

Content by Crucial , XBL ...

Crucial , XBL : ION CRUCIAL

XCOM Enemy Unknown (Xbox 360)
XCOM Enemy Unknown (Xbox 360)
Offered by 6 Hungry Weasels

5.0 out of 5 stars Expectations met and exceeded!, 16 Oct. 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I used to play this game on the PC 15 years ago and while i wouldn't say i played it as much as XCOM addicts i certainly spent many an hour on it.
I only noticed a month before release this game was on the cards, and after checking out a few videos on the net i was instantly impressed with the direction they were taking this reboot in.

My experience with the game to date has been nothing short of refreshing, it's been the first time in a long time that i'm thinking about a game while being at work, and when i have my free-time after my duties as a Dad are over for the evening, i'm on this game for the rest of the night until i have to tear myself off to sleep for work the next day.

The strength of the game for me comes in the fact that it is constantly keeping me on my toes, keeping the base operational and effective as the alien threat escalates, developing the soldiers over time to be efficent combat vets in their specialised areas and trying to keep them alive while on mission. It's throughly engrossing and most importantly i have a lot of fun while playing any aspect of the game!

Congratulations Firaxis for making such a fun game and a breath of fresh air in the FPS oversaturated market which is console gaming.