Profile for Sir Makaron > Reviews

Content by Sir Makaron

Sir Makaron

West With The Night (VMC)
West With The Night (VMC)
by Beryl Markham

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb writing, 11 Mar 2014
I enjoyed this book to the last page. And start to read it again. Not as good as "Out of Africa" , but anyone interested in British East Africa should read it.

The Backyard Lumberjack
The Backyard Lumberjack
by Frank Philbrick

4.0 out of 5 stars nice story, 11 Mar 2014
Better then I thought, nice told story with quite a lot of information. I m interested in harvesting city/urban tiimber, and i could not find a lot of information about this. But 4 stars is OK.

Edible Seashore: River Cottage Handbook No.5
Edible Seashore: River Cottage Handbook No.5
by John Wright

5.0 out of 5 stars excelent reading, 15 Sep 2013
I fall in love with this book. I bought this book after watching tv programm :"River Cottage" . I m avid spearfishermen ,well from different seashores, but i found this book very informative and correct. Excellent reading .

Underwater foraging - Freediving for food: An instructional guide to freediving, sustainable marine foraging and spearfishing
by Ian Donald

1.0 out of 5 stars to basic, 15 Sep 2013
very basic. I thought that the man with such experience will give us more interesting details. Underwater hunting is better described in old books from 1960 or 1970. Seashore foraging in this book is not even basic. Gutting and cutting fish is not correct. Dont buy it , it is waste of money in my opinion.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 7, 2014 12:43 PM BST