Profile for Bilbo Baggins > Reviews

Bilbo Baggins (Kent, UK)

Not Your Kind Of People
Not Your Kind Of People

5.0 out of 5 stars good new offering, 4 April 2013
This review is from: Not Your Kind Of People (Audio CD)
still on form, then. Bought this as a batch with two older albums, love them all. title track is good, and automatic, the first track, hits the ground running. a bit derivative here and there, but good old fashioned guitar friendly rock.

Garbage
Garbage
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 4 April 2013
This review is from: Garbage (Audio CD)
again, short review, love it, vocals, music, buy it. only happy when it rains, stupid girl, queer, stand out tracks, but love them all.

Bleed Like Me
Bleed Like Me
Offered by Books-and-Sounds

5.0 out of 5 stars great album, 4 April 2013
This review is from: Bleed Like Me (Audio CD)
what can I say, love the album, love Shirley Mansons voice and attitude, and the way the band fits together. Short review - buy the album. Should have bought it years ago, never got round to it. have now.

Wenger Swissgear GA-7343-06 Cobalt 15.6 Inch Laptop Backpack
Wenger Swissgear GA-7343-06 Cobalt 15.6 Inch Laptop Backpack

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant riucksack, 4 April 2013
been looking for a decent work ruck sack for ages, and settled on this one. I carry a lenovo 10" netbook to work every day, plus the usual crap - lunch, work papers, phones, kindle, general life support stuff.

This has so many pockets for stuff, including teeny ones for usb sticks. Its so comfortable, i dont know i'm wearing it. And a fantastic price as well, well recommend it.

CaseCrown Bold Trifold Case (Blue) for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
CaseCrown Bold Trifold Case (Blue) for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Offered by Senyx

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent case, 7 Feb 2013
Excellent case for my Galaxy Tab 2 7" which I bought at Christmas. Fully protects the screen, magnet cover close is very positive, case has cut outs for all holes. Not too heavy, and the trifold cover, whilst not as nifty as the ones for the ipad, does the job pretty well. Cant complain for a product costing less than £15.

Wish I had bought it at the same time as the Tab, as I have managed to scratch the screen before I got the cover. Never mind!

Left Bank Two
Left Bank Two

5.0 out of 5 stars chilled out vibe, 11 July 2012
This review is from: Left Bank Two (MP3 Download)
what a chilled out sound! I bought this after watching my son play Little Big Planet, where this music features. I remembered it as the 'Vision On' theme for the gallery, in my (distant) youth. A quick youtube search found it, and a quick download later, bliss!

Back to the music, just a chilled out vibe, what more can you say, great vibraphone? sound, and relaxed jazz drumming with brushes.

The Trainer's Handbook (Pfeiffer Essential Resources for Training and HR Professionals)
by Karen Lawson

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent resource book, 20 April 2012
I haven't used The Trainers Handbook yet, but I have had a good look through it, and I'm impressed with the breadth of coverage. I teach food safety related courses for adult learners from the food industry.

The book updates my knowledge on training needs, types of participants, how to structure sessions, and how to get and interpret feedback. I like the guidelines for selecting effective audiovisual aids. I also like the practical tips and strategies from a very experienced tutor.

The last time I did a train the trainer course was before the Internet was really getting going (remember then, only about 17 years ago!) and so website resources etc were not there; this is a very useful part of any trainers library. In this respect, I like the website tool that includes examples, assignment templates and Internet resources.

The worksheets, checklists, and assessments templates are really useful to anyone starting out, or wanting to refresh their training resources.

My Neighbour Totoro [DVD]
My Neighbour Totoro [DVD]
Dvd ~ Hayao Miyazaki

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely film, 1 July 2010
This review is from: My Neighbour Totoro [DVD] (DVD)
I love the cat bus! What a great concept.. a furry version of the night bus in Harry Potter! What a great film. I am gradually discovering Miyazaki with my eight year old..so far, Howl, Spirited Away, and Totoro. Love all of them, all have different charm. Only downside..that awfull jolly intro song!

Howl's Moving Castle [DVD] [2005]
Howl's Moving Castle [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Chieko Baishô

3.0 out of 5 stars great film, 1 July 2010
Just a quick review... both me and my 8 year old loved this film. I got introduced to Miyazaki from one of my other, older sons, who is very into anime. All I can say is, great film , very entertaining, kept my 8 year old, who is very much a 3D computer generated type film person.. he loved Up, Meatballs, Monsters vs Aliens, for example, very entertained.

I love the incredible accuracy of the animation, everything is moving, very life like. Great story, brilliant animation

The Platinum Collection
The Platinum Collection

5.0 out of 5 stars great compilation, amazing value, 22 May 2010
This review is from: The Platinum Collection (Audio CD)
I bought this album the other day (not from amazon, I hasten to add, but almost as cheap). I'd listened to Alicia Keys on the radio ever since she first released 'songs in the key of life' but never bought any of her albums, until now. Her latest release has prompted me; I have often bought albums on the strength of a great single, and beeen disappointed, so I thought that, rather than shelling out on the new one, I'd get a good flavour across all of her old work when I saw this for sale, and see if I liked it.

I can honestly say its a brilliant compilation, (actually just her first three albums, so its more than a traditional compilation). I'm not going to do a blow by blow analysis, more an an overall comment.

I liked all three albums from the off, with nothing really standing out as weak or poor. Great piano, arrangements, voice, lyrics.

From 'Songs' particularly liked Fallin, (naturally), How Come You Dont Call Me, Rock Wit U, A Womans Worth, great arrangement, lyrics and vocals, although they are all great.

From Diary, Harlems Nocturne, If I Was Your Woman, You Dont Know My Name, Diary, and If I Aint Got You.

And from As I Am, hard to pick any out, as they are all very good.

Great value for money, in this package, buy it, if you dont have any of her albums!