Profile for Mervyn O. Hagger > Reviews

Content by Mervyn O. Hagger

Mervyn O. Hagger "freebornjohn" (Texas, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Pink Mermaid - Childrens Fancy Dress Costume - Ages 5 to 7
Pink Mermaid - Childrens Fancy Dress Costume - Ages 5 to 7
Offered by Wish4 - Toys, Games & Fancy Dress

3.0 out of 5 stars IT WON'T LAST VERY LONG, 5 Dec 2013
Its end-user will probably demolish this outfit very quickly, without trying, because it is not a quality garment. Now that you know, I suggest that you pay more for more, unless your "little mermaid" will get over her fascination with such outfits very quickl In which case buy one, but don't hope for longevity of use with this one.

Radio Man: The Remarkable Rise and Fall of C.O.Stanley (IEE History of Technology)
by Mark Frankland

3.0 out of 5 stars I WANTED MORE, 5 Dec 2013
For what I was looking for I got one page that contains a mystery because it is not academically sourced. Because it opens a can of worms I have to find another work that will tell me more about the life of C.O. Stanley in the Nineteen Sixties, because this is not it.

In Search of History: A Personal Adventure
In Search of History: A Personal Adventure
by T. H. White

4.0 out of 5 stars I B'OUGHT THIS FOR THE HORSE'S MOUTH'S WORD ON THE CAMELOT MYTH, 5 Dec 2013
This is an oft-quoted source about the origins of the JFK-Camelot myth. For this reason and no other, I bought this book.

Concise History of British Radio 1922-2002: 80 Years of Key Developments
Concise History of British Radio 1922-2002: 80 Years of Key Developments
by Sean Street

4.0 out of 5 stars IT IS WHAT IT SAYS THAT IT IS, 5 Dec 2013
This is a handy little guide to the various eras of British radio. It is a digest and it is not well documented, but it does hit the highlights in a useful and handy way by providing pointers to sources of further information.

The Pye book of audio
The Pye book of audio
by Pye Limited

3.0 out of 5 stars IT IS WHAT IT IS, 5 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Pye book of audio (Hardcover)
I am trying to acquire information about Pye during the days of its involvement with the development and promotion of commercial radio in the UK, and it does contribute to this knowledge base.

Defeat of John Hawkins: A Biography of His Third Slaving Voyage
Defeat of John Hawkins: A Biography of His Third Slaving Voyage
by Rayner Unwin

4.0 out of 5 stars SHOULD THERE BE SEVEN FLAGS OVER TEXAS?, 29 Nov 2013
I was investigating Houston discoveries of a Carolana settlement when I bought this book. Should there be 7 and not just 6 flags that have flown over Texas, and should one of them be the flag of England prior to its union with Scotland? This book provides possible answers as to how some settlers could have arrived there. But that is not the topic of this book. Therefore it is a helpful guide, and that is all that it is.

The Highland Clans
The Highland Clans
by Alistair Moffat

3.0 out of 5 stars A PRIMER TO UNDERSTANDING SOME DIFFERENCES OF APPROACH TO LIFE IN SCOTLAND, 29 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Highland Clans (Hardcover)
I book this book as part of several others that I added to my collection in order to get an understanding of the cultural differences that exist in Scotland, and how they came about.

by Niall Ferguson

2.0 out of 5 stars WHY DID I BUY THIS?, 29 Nov 2013
This book was recommended to me because of it style of presentation, and so I bought two versions of the same book. That was a waste of money since I didn't like the style or the book.

by Niall Ferguson

2.0 out of 5 stars NOT WHAT I EXPECTED, 29 Nov 2013

Revolution and Counter-revolution in Scotland, 1644-51
Revolution and Counter-revolution in Scotland, 1644-51
by David Stevenson

4.0 out of 5 stars THE SCENE BEFORE THE CHANGE, 29 Nov 2013
This book focuses upon the time during which England became a republic, and just before an attempt was made to merge Scotland within a newly unified republican entity.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7