Profile for Christine Hacklett > Reviews

Content by Christine Hacklett

Christine Hacklett (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Sei personaggi in cerca d'autore (Italian Edition)
Sei personaggi in cerca d'autore (Italian Edition)
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth reading, 29 Aug 2014
I had seen the play in English some years ago, so it was not difficult to follow it in Italian. As ever, the plot is interesting and I always wonder whether Pirandello would have written such a work had his wife not been mad.

Moscerine (Scala italiani) (Italian Edition)
Moscerine (Scala italiani) (Italian Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars and I hound this book easy to read, 18 July 2014
I am an English student of Italian, and I hound this book easy to read, just the occasional puzzling word. Her stories are very varied and always interesting in themselves.

Country Girl
Country Girl
Price: 6.02

4.0 out of 5 stars but I remember when I wrote articles It too over my life like it did with Edna's, 18 July 2014
This review is from: Country Girl (Kindle Edition)
I haven't quite finished this book yet, but I remember when I wrote articles It too over my life like it did with Edna's. I enjoy reading it and following her lif from early childhood.

The Code of the Woosters: (Jeeves & Wooster)
The Code of the Woosters: (Jeeves & Wooster)
Price: 3.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Best? Just as good as all the others., 18 Jan 2014
This is said to be the best of the Wooster & Jeeves books. I enjoyed it just as much as the others, but wouldn't have rated it best. But maybe as I haven't read all of them maybe I shouldn't hastily pass judgement. All I say is that this book is just as good as all the others I have read, each enjoyable in its own way.

Thank You, Jeeves: (Jeeves & Wooster)
Thank You, Jeeves: (Jeeves & Wooster)
Price: 3.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovng this book, 18 Jan 2014
Although I have not yet finished this book, it is just as good as all the other Wooster & Jeeves books that I have read. This story differs as partway through the book Wooster dismisses Jeeves and he moves to one of the other characters. Surely he will come back? I look forward to finding out. There are a few more Wooster and Jeeves book s which I look forward to reading.

When I was young, I never fancied reading P G Wodehouse. Now I am old, I am enjoying the above series, and sometimes ca't resist laughing out loud.

Change Your Posture, Change Your Life: How the Power of the Alexander Technique can Combat Back Pain, Tension and Stress
by Richard Brennan
Price: 10.39

5.0 out of 5 stars A very useful book, 10 Mar 2013
I found this book very helpful and was glad to find it listed a local Alexander Techniue teacher. The book itself helped me to make an improvement in my posture.

2 x Elasticated Knee Supports
2 x Elasticated Knee Supports
Offered by Trendz
Price: 2.79

5.0 out of 5 stars A true support, 10 Mar 2013
I have found the knee support comfotable and helpful I would have preferred white but it doesn't really matter as I wear trousers all the time and no-one can see it.

Poetic Tales: Logosofia Down to Earth
Poetic Tales: Logosofia Down to Earth
by Dinah Livingstone
Price: 7.41

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth reading, 24 Mar 2012
An interesting mixture of prose and poetry by an accomplished writer. I am not a great lover of poetry but found myself impelled to read it all.

What I Don't Know About Animals
What I Don't Know About Animals
Price: 4.35

4.0 out of 5 stars Jenny D as good as ever, 24 Mar 2012
I have read several of this author's books and always find them enjoyable and amusing. One learns more and more about her life, and although animals do feature in this book their presence is relevant.

That Summer in Ischia
That Summer in Ischia

4.0 out of 5 stars Beter than expected, 24 Mar 2012
I don't read a lot of fiction and thought this would just be a run of the mill work. But I wanted to read it as I have been to Ischia and loved it. I can also speak Italian. So reading this was a joy; quite often odd words or phrases were in Italian (including swear words) and that made it more interesting. I haven't finished the book yet, but am finding it hard to put down (or rather, switch off my Kindle).

Page: 1 | 2