Profile for Jules > Reviews

Content by Jules

Jules

501 Italian Verbs: Fully Conjugated in All Tenses in a New Easy-To-Learn Format Alphabetically Arranged (501 verbs series)

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful but Kindle needs to be able to enlarge ALL fonts, 29 Dec. 2013
I needed this book on my Kindle and it is wonderful and just what I need..BUT as with a lot of Kindle books, a lot of the font sizes in tables or quotes cannot be made larger and also if they were not tiny and in pale grey, it would be easier to read them. I have a magnifying glass but would rather be able to read some of the text which contains the actual Italian Verbs. Just posting this in the hope that an update for the book with the ability to enlarge ALL the text might one day be available to update the book.. However, still a really useful tool for my studies and I am still so pleased books have become so much more portable Also there is no mention of how I access the free CD which comes with the paperback version but I may have missed information for that?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 31, 2015 8:20 AM BST

Horrible Histories: Complete Series 1-3 Box Set [DVD]
Horrible Histories: Complete Series 1-3 Box Set [DVD]
Dvd ~ Dominic Brigstocke

5.0 out of 5 stars Cant wait for the next box set, 2 Jun. 2013
Horrible Histories is a wonderful TV series which all the adults I know seem to love as much as the children do.

Life and death in Pompeii and Herculaneum
Life and death in Pompeii and Herculaneum
by Paul Roberts

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad I bought this, 2 Jun. 2013
Speedy delivery and a great reminder of a fabulous exhibition. Interesting text and illustrations of items not shown in the British Museum exhibition adds to this book

Science in the Kitchen and the Art of Eating Well (Lorenzo Da Ponte Italian Library)

3.0 out of 5 stars Would have been five stars if they had included the diagrams and illustrations, 2 Jun. 2013
I bought the Kindle version as I have bad hands and the paperback is very heavy. This is an excellent book
HOWEVER - none of the diagrams which form part of some of the recipes, nor the illustrations have been added
SURELY if you sell a book it should be complete? I don't remember seeing a warning that it is sold without illustrations, but someone correct me if it did.

I am very sad that part of the book is missing and I would have gladly paid a bit more to have them included as some are special templates for pasta sizes etc.

Artusi is a wonderful and essential book for cooks... shame it had to come incomplete.