Profile for Scott Robertson > Reviews

Content by Scott Robertson

Scott Robertson "- nVr thiNk" (UK)

Lady Gaga Fame Black Fluid Eau De Parfum - 50 ml
Lady Gaga Fame Black Fluid Eau De Parfum - 50 ml
Price: 13.94

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice fragrance, 16 Feb 2014
I bought this for my girlfriends 18th birthday, we both love the fragrance and it really does smell as they describe it, just unfortunate that i happen to be allergic to it :(

BaByliss for Men 7057U Professional 6-in-1 Grooming Kit
BaByliss for Men 7057U Professional 6-in-1 Grooming Kit
Price: 20.26

1.0 out of 5 stars Battery died. Doesn't do the job it's supposed to, 16 Feb 2014
Changed from a 4 to a 2. I've owned this now for a year, and just as the warranty ran out the battery died completely. The battery never really worked well anyway and I strongly recommend investing in one with a Lithium battery. As for quality of the product it will shave fine but only after SEVERAL runs over your face, I am often left with uneven hairs and this is just for very light stubble and it simply doesn't do what it's supposed to and I really should have returned it. You probably want to spend a little more on a decent set.

DAX Awesome Hold High & Tight Hair Dress 3.5oz/99g
DAX Awesome Hold High & Tight Hair Dress 3.5oz/99g
Offered by afrocosmetics4u
Price: 1.97

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as strong as Red or Green, 16 Feb 2014
Not as strong as Red or Green despite saying it has awesome hold. Red and green are the two strongest ones out there, only green smells better and seems slightly easier to apply.

Hitachi (HGST) 500gb 500 GB 2.5 Inch 5400 RPM Sata Hard Drive Thin 7MM For Laptop/PS3/Mac - 3 Years Warranty
Offered by In2digital
Price: 31.99

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT a Hitachi drive and is refurbished, 16 Feb 2014
I bought this to upgrade my PS3 so I'm not going to bother getting a replacement, if it was for my laptop I would have as this is NOT a Hitachi hard drive, it is a knock off brand I haven't heard of, there is no Hitachi logo nor does it have a Hitachi serial number. Also the warranty sticker has visibly been scraped off at some point, so this is a refurbished hard drive. However it is indeed a 500GB at 5400rpm, which will do me fine so long as the seller lives up to his 3 year warranty.

ASUS VE248H 24 inch LED Widescreen Full HD 1080p with HDMI 2ms Response Time Aspect Control Function
Price: 142.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended monitor, 9 Mar 2012
So I bought this monitor for use with my PC, Xbox 360 and Tivo Box, and what can I say its absolutely incredible. So first of all let me put your mind at ease about the rumours of this having ghosting issues, this is most likely a problem with the persons drivers or GPU as I have absolutely no ghosting on either device. In fact the Xbox screen is so smooth I almost thought it was 120Hz as apposed to 60Hz. The only gripe I have with this is the fact it is sold as an LED screen but it is in fact an LCD with LED backlight, but the screen is still as bright and colourful as ever. It also does a great job at making standard def TV look better and the HD is supreme. This is probably the best monitor to buy at the moment around the 150 mark and I highly recommend it.

Also note; I wasn't sure at the time if the stand would be adjustable or fixed, this is adjustable to quite steep angles and the stand is quite sturdy. The buttons are well spaced and the menus are clear. Also the power light is not intrusive, it's actually a pretty cool blue glow but not bright you do not notice it.

Further info: The monitor has 1 x 3.5 Audio In + 1 x 3.5 Audio Out, 1 x HDMI, 1 x DVI, 1 x VGA.

If you need extra HDMI ports like I do you can buy the Duronics HDMI switch which I also gave a great review.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 5, 2013 8:33 AM BST

Duronic HDS3 Mini 3 Port Gold HDMI Auto Switch PIANO BLACK 3x1 (3 way input 1 output HDMI Switcher)
Offered by DURONIC
Price: 49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly, 9 Mar 2012
So to be honest I wasnt expecting too much from this, but I was so wrong. There is literally NO loss in quality that I can see. The switch itself works quickly and the autoswitch does its job. Im using this with a Tivo Box, Xbox 360 and Phone HDMI Adapter on a computer monitor and it works brilliantly. Highly recommended

Logitech Z506 Surround Sound Speakers
Logitech Z506 Surround Sound Speakers
Price: 59.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant quality surround sound, 9 Mar 2012
These speakers are really great, above expectations. I bought these to replace 50w Creative's and the little bit extra you get from these make a huge difference. These speakers are a testament to the fact you dont need giant speakers to get huge sound, the volume on these is incredible. And the bass? I have it one of the lowest settings and its really good. If i cranked it up to full it would make a hole in the floor lol. The only thing I will say is the factory equaliser seems a bit off to me so I have to mess around with it on whichever device I use, but you dont notice it on TV or Xbox, just music. I highly recommend these for the bargain price of 65.

Cable Matters Micro-USB to HDMI MHL Cable in Black 2 Metres
Cable Matters Micro-USB to HDMI MHL Cable in Black 2 Metres
Offered by Cable Matters
Price: 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly :), 9 Mar 2012
This cable works absolutely perfectly. There is no drop in quality at all. Just bear in mind that you have to have the power source plugged in as i thought it might be powered through the HDMI. This doesnt have to be a power adapter you can just use a USB cable.

Case-Mate Barely There Cases for Samsung Galaxy S 2 - Black
Case-Mate Barely There Cases for Samsung Galaxy S 2 - Black
Offered by Blacksheep Mobile
Price: 3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good enough, 23 Aug 2011
For the lack of protection this phone gets compared to other phones I think the price is a little high,,,but its still the best case you can get while still being able to use the phone properly. Back could be a little more grippy like the original cover though.

Inception Limited Edition - Triple Play (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy)
Inception Limited Edition - Triple Play (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy)
Dvd ~ Leonardo DiCaprio
Offered by Planet Games And Gadgets
Price: 52.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't Wait..., 13 Nov 2010
As soon as I buy this I'm going to spin the spinning top and see if it drops or if it continues spinning forever...
I mean, I must surely be in somebody elses dream if a film this good was made right?
Perhaps I'm in Christopher Nolans dream...