Profile for Keith R. Sauerwald > Reviews

Content by Keith R. Sauerwald

Keith R. Sauerwald "Aves Para Siempre." (Darwin, AUSTRALIA.)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Roberto Delgado & His Orchestra - Blue Hawaii Vols. 1 & 2
Roberto Delgado & His Orchestra - Blue Hawaii Vols. 1 & 2
Offered by Vocalion/Dutton Epoch Direct (Crazygreen8)

4.0 out of 5 stars Beware, this is a mono recording and not stereo., 28 Sep 2014
Although I like this artist and have a number of his recordings, I was a little (not much, but a little) dismayed at the sound of these recordings. They don't have the BIG BAND sound of his other recordings. Don't get me wrong, I like this recording. It is Hawaiian music and I like Hawaiian music (having visited there three times), but, it is not of the same quality of his other recordings. However, there is a reason for this. This recording was re-mastered from analogue tapes...aka....it is not in stereo. But, I like it and I'm sure you will too.

Discover Planet Ocean [Blu-ray] [US Import]
Discover Planet Ocean [Blu-ray] [US Import]
Dvd ~ Artist Not Provided
Offered by supermart_usa

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb viewing., 2 July 2014
Underwater documentaries, yes please. Earth has a lot of beauty above ground and a lot more in the ocean, especially so on the sea bed. If you like underwater scenery and wildlife, you won't go wrong in buying this documentary. It is superb. I bought it and am glad I did, If you buy it too, then you will enjoy the elation I received when I watched it.

Blue Skies And Blood: The Battle of the Coral Sea
Blue Skies And Blood: The Battle of the Coral Sea
by Edwin Palmer Hoyt

3.0 out of 5 stars If you like war documentaries, this is for you., 2 July 2014
I actually bought this dvd for a friend and have seen it myself. But, when asked about it, he gave a recommendation that puts it in the 3 star basket. I agree with the 3 star rating.

Softly With These Songs - The Best of Roberta Flack
Softly With These Songs - The Best of Roberta Flack

5.0 out of 5 stars Roberta deserves my 5 stars., 2 July 2014
How could I (or anyone) deny Roberta Flack a 5 star ovation. She is a great singer, fabulous voice with great songs. That's why this lady gets her 5 star ovation. This is an excellent buy for anyone who loves easy listening music.

I Am Slave [DVD]
I Am Slave [DVD]
Dvd ~ Wunmi Mosaku

3.0 out of 5 stars It's sad to know that this sort of thing really does happen., 2 July 2014
This review is from: I Am Slave [DVD] (DVD)
Although I liked this movie, I didn't think it awe inspiring. A good movie to see once and when there is nothing better on tv.

Cotton Mary [DVD]
Cotton Mary [DVD]
Dvd ~ Greta Scacchi

5.0 out of 5 stars With Greta Scacchi in it, you know it will be a good movie., 2 July 2014
This review is from: Cotton Mary [DVD] (DVD)
This is a movie that I thoroughly enjoyed. I fully recommend this movie to everyone as it is well worth watching.

100 Hits - Legends of Rock 'N' Roll
100 Hits - Legends of Rock 'N' Roll

4.0 out of 5 stars Had that song been ok, I would have given 5 stars., 2 July 2014
My review of this cd compilation can only be ascertained at 99.9 %. (100 songs, 99 perfect, 1% not perfect. That 1% imperfection is the hit song of "I don't know why I love you , but I do ", sung by Clarence "Frogman" Henry. The problem lies in the recording of this recording. When the song starts, you can hear the music, loud and clear. But, the voice? One would swear that the artist is on the moon, singing into a dud microphone. Henry's voice is way, way in the background. Years ago, I used to have this recording on a 45 rpm disc. I expected to receive this compilation with all 100 recordings playing perfectly. But, it didn't happen. Well, I guess that one dud out of 100 isn't such a big deal, but, the buyer does have the right to perfection. Doesn't he?

Barry McKenzie Holds His Own [DVD]
Barry McKenzie Holds His Own [DVD]
Dvd ~ Barry Humphries
Offered by PurpleBix DVDs

4.0 out of 5 stars A typical Australian larrican movie., 29 Dec 2013
You certainly need to be an Australian to be able to fully comprehend the words, sayings, phrases and statements in this movie. If you are not, then perhaps you should give this one a miss....unless.....you want to learn how life can be here (at times). This is truly a very funny movie, but if you don't understand the language, well, I suppose you can always look at the screen and ignore a conversation you probably don't / won't understand. But, as I have said. It's a great movie, very funny and, dare I say it.....educational?

Once a Jolly Hangman
Once a Jolly Hangman
by Alan Shadrake

5.0 out of 5 stars A story to tell., 29 Dec 2013
This review is from: Once a Jolly Hangman (Paperback)
Being very much an anti druggo person, It was good news to my ears when the Singapore government announced that it is going to hang a now convicted Vietnamese / Australian drug courier, nabbed at Singapore's Changi Airport a couple of years or so ago. He was caught in possession of a large amount of a death dealing drug. He was arrested, charged and sentenced to hang in Singapore. It was also announced that the then hangman, was going to resign from his position, apparently because of a squabble between himself and his superiors.
With this announcement, I immediately wrote to the Singapore governments embassy in Canberra and applied for the position of hangman for the Singapore Government, to replace the (apparent) outgoing hangman who had been employed as such for a number of years. My application failed because; (1) I was not a Singapore resident and (2) I was not born in Singapore. However, my application went around the world, with overseas phone calls from newspapers and radio as well as from every state in Australia. I bought this book as it had numerous stories on the subject. Be that as it may, it is an interesting book about some of the people who had forfeited their lives because of their ignorance and their stupidity in dealing with drugs.

Sarafina [DVD] [1992] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Sarafina [DVD] [1992] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Whoopi Goldberg

5.0 out of 5 stars Any movie with Whoopi Goldberg, would have to be good viewing., 29 Dec 2013
And it is . SARAFINA is another of her movies that I am glad I bought. I have never seen a movie with a failure in her acting performance, be it comedy or otherwise. Sarafina is a movie I'm sure you will like....just as I did.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5