Profile for Dancer > Reviews

Cuban Fury [DVD] [2014]
Cuban Fury [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Nick Frost

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this - but I am biased - I am ..., 20 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Cuban Fury [DVD] [2014] (DVD)
Nick Frost can dance - who knew! I loved this - but I am biased - I am a salsa dancer and recognise quite a few people from the London scene in the movie. I even think I know who Ian McShane based his character on. I saw this first at the Cinema and I laughed out loud quite a few times. I would recommend this - and if dance is your thing, you will love it.

Kerbl Cat Tree Safari, 46 x 60 x 83 cm, Extra Large, Brown
Kerbl Cat Tree Safari, 46 x 60 x 83 cm, Extra Large, Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Good size for Adult cats!, 26 Nov. 2014
This arrived in super-quick time 2 days! I looked carefully at all the reviews before buying as most said that the cat trees were an unsuitable size for adult cats, so I ordered the Extra Large -it was a good move. I have a medium-sized Tortie and this is fine for her, and has some room to spare for a larger cat too. It is really good quality and was easy to fit together. I brought this as my cat has a bad habit of sleeping on the dining room table.This was about the same height as the table. I envisaged spending a few weeks trying to persuade her to use it, as she is a fussy cat, but to my great delight she used it straight away. I just put her usual blanket in the top basket and she went in it straight away - I was amazed. She has been sleeping in it all evening and is clearly very comfortable. Hopefully now I can reclaim my table back and stop constantly cleaning it. I would recommend this for it's look, quality, size and obvious cat-appeal. It is on the expensive side, but I suspect you are paying for the quality judging by the disappointment in some of the other reviews I read. My cat Missy gives it 5 stars!

Stardust Kids Boys Girls StampyLongNose Mr Stampy Pyjamas (7 - 8 Years, Pink)
Stardust Kids Boys Girls StampyLongNose Mr Stampy Pyjamas (7 - 8 Years, Pink)
Offered by Stardust

5.0 out of 5 stars Stampylicious!, 23 Nov. 2014
Just what I wanted. My 7 year old is tall for her age and these come up a generous size- so perfect as there is some growing room.You need it as these are not cheap, but I can report that the quality is good. They are for a Christmas present, so I have not washed them yet, so cannot vouch for the quality once washed. I am very pleased with these,and know that my Minecraft/Stampy-mad daughter will love them.

Happy
Happy

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, love it, LOVE IT!!!!!, 3 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Happy (Audio CD)
Hooked from the moment I heard this track - what a great up-lifting song. How refreshing (especially thinking back on Pharell's last offering with Mr Thicke et al) to find a top 40 track that doesn't use swear words, sex, drugs or inuendo - as it seems all artists feel they have to do these days - proof that you don't. He has redeemed himself from the dodgy Blurred Lines.

Treetop Fairies Pop-up Fairy Snowflake Tree
Treetop Fairies Pop-up Fairy Snowflake Tree
by Louise Comfort

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gift, 14 Dec. 2013
My Daughter (6 years) already has two full sized books from Louise Comfort which she loves. They are a little too delicate for younger hands unless they are particularly careful children. My daughter had her first when she was 3 - luckily it was 2nd hand, so it didn't matter that she was a bit heavy-handed with it as it only cost 99p. I brought her the Princess Castle one when she was 5 and she has looked after it and just re-discovered it at 6. Great for imaginative play.
This smaller book is a great size to travel with. My only disapointment is that some of the series are not available - Showtime Fairies and the snow skating one which would have been ideal for Christmas, but I am sure she will still love this Pop-up tree. Great service - book arrived within a few days.

My Health Coach: Manage Your Weight (Includes An Exclusive Pedometer) (Nintendo DS)
Offered by filmrollen

1.0 out of 5 stars No Pedometer - so programme rendered useless, 5 Aug. 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I brought this just before Christmas, but didn't open or use it for a few months due to an injury. Unfortunately when I did open the packaging I realised that the Pedometer was not there. Worse still, when I tried to use the programme It would not let me get beyond the intro unless I put in the pedometer to input 500 steps. So this may have been cheap, but was totally useless without the pedometer. I would rate zero stars if I could. Not happy.

Hair Powder by Bumble & bumble Brown Hair 28g
Hair Powder by Bumble & bumble Brown Hair 28g
Offered by COMPTONS LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin!, 17 April 2013
OK - I've tried everything on the market for covering grey roots. I have been going grey since 23! This product is great - quick, covers all grey effectively. I would recommend a rolled up piece of tissue placed on your parting to protect the skin from being coloured when applying. No detectable smell when on. May stain in your pillow slightly, but washes out easily. As others have said, be careful with clothes on application, but with practice this is a quick and effective way of covering grey roots without the faff of crayons which weigh the hair down or mascara wands which catch in the hair and make your hair look and smell awful. Expensive, yes, but you don't need much and as it delays going to the Salon - probably cost-effective over the year. Some complain it makes the hair look dull. I haven't noticed this, but a solution would be a quick blast of hair shine spray which would help to 'set' the colour on the hair too. Simples!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 9, 2013 7:01 PM GMT

A Street Cat Named Bob: How one man and his cat found hope on the streets
A Street Cat Named Bob: How one man and his cat found hope on the streets
by James Bowen

5.0 out of 5 stars Cat-a-licious!, 30 Dec. 2012
You don't have to be a cat-lover to enjoy this book, in fact, the cat is more like a person. If you like deep, complicated stories with twists and turns - this is not the book for you. As others have said, it is a very simply and honestly told story. It is very heart-warming and you are pulled into it very quickly and find yourself left with a a warm fuzzy feeling and a need to know more about the amazing Bob and his caring owner James.
It makes you think differently about Big Issue sellers and buskers on the streets. It also makes you think about relationships with teens. How it can go wrong when communication breaks down and, in some cases, have catastrophic consequences if you do not recognise what is happening until it is too late.
By the end, you may feel you want to rush down to the Angel tube and buy a Big Issue (or two) from James and Bob. I hope that they earn a decent fee from the book and other ventures enabling them to get off of the streets and have a secure, drug-free future.

TOUCHBACK Instant Gray Root Touch up Real Hair Color in a Marker Medium Brown 0.27oz (Model: COL2302)
Offered by Selkin Media

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the box..., 21 Feb. 2012
I have been going grey since my early 20's and have been dying my hair ever since. I have tried most of the touch-up products on the market as I have dark hair and only three weeks after having my hair dyed at a hairdressers my roots start to show - and they look awful - you may know the feeling. I am certainly not ready to roll over and go grey yet, but I don't want to be constantly putting chemical dye onto my scalp - not to mention the cost of having it dyed every three weeks!

Having used this product a couple of times now, I am impressed with it's coverage. It takes a bit of practice - especially when your roots are as grey as mine, but I think it is better than the sticks (which leave a waxy residue) or the non-permenant wash-out dye which is really messy. It does leave a slight residue, but nothing like the other products out there, and, once brushed, I think only you would know (btw - it doesn't come out when you brush it - only when you wash your hair).

The previous reviewer helped me when she said that she would buy the medium brown next time (rather than the dark brown she purchased). I would consider my hair dark brown, but on her recommendation I brought the medium brown, and it did come up quite dark on my hair, so I would say only buy the dark brown if your hair is very dark.

I think the creators have thought this out well and have come up with the best idea on the market at present. It is easy to use (with practice) and not too messy - though you have to be careful not to get it on your skin - but the good thing is if you do, it washes out.

If like me you get that sinking feeling when you see your roots shining under a spot light in the bathroom mirror - I would recommend you try this. I think it is worth the money if it delays a visit to the hairdresser or avoids having too many permanent colours per year.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 24, 2014 11:45 AM BST

Universally Challenged: Quiz Contestants Say the Funniest Things
Universally Challenged: Quiz Contestants Say the Funniest Things
by Wendy Roby

5.0 out of 5 stars A Complete Winner, 16 Dec. 2011
I purchased this book last Christmas in a last minute panic buy for my partner. He absolutely loved it and so did his father and they didn't take their noses out of it all afternoon (all other presents were abandoned). All you heard were waves of laughter and then they would read a few lines to the rest of us. One line had my in such stitches that tears were rolling down my face! A good book for dipping in and out of and a good light-hearted read for Christmas.

My only complaint is that they haven't brought out another one this year, but I suppose that amount of material is hard to find in enough quantity to fill a whole book.

Page: 1 | 2