Profile for Angielee > Reviews

Angielee

A Street Cat Named Bob: How one man and his cat found hope on the streets
A Street Cat Named Bob: How one man and his cat found hope on the streets

5.0 out of 5 stars Read this!, 8 Mar. 2013
I found this book by accident and read it in a day. I always buy from the big issue seller but you never know the human behind the magazine. We would all be a bit more compassionate after reading this. A personal and honest story of 2 down on their luck souls who found each other

Pulp: Ultimate Live [DVD] [2005]
Pulp: Ultimate Live [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Pulp
Offered by MediaMerchants

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this!, 8 Mar. 2013
Amazing trip down memory lane. I was there-in the days before camera phones! (and Jarvis in sandles!) Great value...2 concerts on one DVD

Gorpets Sleepy Heart Cat Scratcher, 48 cm, Purple
Gorpets Sleepy Heart Cat Scratcher, 48 cm, Purple

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this, 8 Mar. 2013
Cat posts are normally dreary and come in brown. This is so cute and full a full size post. what a bargain!

KERI Part 1: The Early Years (Child Abuse True Stories)
KERI Part 1: The Early Years (Child Abuse True Stories)

5.0 out of 5 stars Memories, 14 Jun. 2012
I found this book by accident, whilst searching for photos of Duncroft on the internet. Particularly poignant for me as I also lived in Duncroft and Norman Lodge. Well written and brought back so many memories. (we must have missed each other by 2 years Keri)
Accurately described, despite the medication memory loss. The celeb stories are correct and I still own photos of JS and his visits in his Rolls royce with the Radio 1 number plates.
A sad but true story. Well done for writing it! X X

Madam - Prostitutes, Punters and Puppets
Madam - Prostitutes, Punters and Puppets
by Becky Adams

5.0 out of 5 stars MIND BLOWING!, 14 Feb. 2012
DO NOT READ THIS BOOK...if you have any plans in your diary for the next few days. That includes going to work, feeding children, any housework to do or even needing a shower...it won't be happening!
I had read previous comments on the un-put-down-able book that has just been published; I was now on chapter 20 and had to make the painful decision to put the book down!
The reason I had come to this traumatic decision was I could not bear it to end and knew I would probably end up in some kind of book rehab, so needed to save some for later.
Do not read this book in pubic either. Screaming with laughter on the number 7 bus (I had to go to work) was a very embarrassing moment for me.
If you are in any doubt if some of it's contents are fiction; the stories are so bizarre and funny, you could not make them up!
Do not look for this book in the comedy section though as it won't be there. This book is tinged with sadness, struggle and often very dark in places. It portrays a single mum doing right by her kids and pi**ing alot of people off along the way in the dreary backdrop of a grotty city, where not much ever happens...or so you'd think...!
The best 20 chapters I have ever read.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 1, 2014 5:11 PM BST