Profile for Capercaillie > Reviews

Samsonite S'cure Dlx Spinner 75/28 Midnight Blue
Samsonite S'cure Dlx Spinner 75/28 Midnight Blue
Offered by WARDOW

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Product, 11 July 2015
Bought together with a Turquoise Samsonite S'Cure 69/25 also from Wardow - Germany. Have another two older Samsonite cases of a similar design that have been in regular use for 14 years+ but getting a bit tired and bruised now so time to replace. High quality spec as usual from Samsonite and worth the added expense in my eyes for peace of mind regarding strength & security. Would never buy a 'zipped' case, so this perfectly fits with my requirements. Comes with 5 year warranty so another plus point. Not very keen on the TSA key hole on the main lock for use by the American security agencies, but should they required to look in my case at least they wont have to rip the lock off - not a regular destination for me so not too bothered. All-in-all an excellent all-rounder.

Samsonite Suitcase S'Cure Spinner, 75 cm, Blue, 10U001 49307
Samsonite Suitcase S'Cure Spinner, 75 cm, Blue, 10U001 49307
Offered by WARDOW

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Product, 11 July 2015
This review is from: Samsonite Suitcase (Luggage)
Bought together with a Midnight Blue Samsonite Dlx S'Cure 75/28 also from Wardow - Germany. Have another two older Samsonite cases of a similar design that have been in regular use for 14 years+ but getting a bit tired and bruised now so time to replace. High quality spec as usual from Samsonite and worth the added expense in my eyes for peace of mind regarding strength & security. Would never buy a 'zipped' case, so this perfectly fits with my requirements. Comes with 5 year warranty so another plus point. Not very keen on the TSA key hole on the main lock for use by the American security agencies, but should they required to look in my case at least they wont have to rip the lock off - not a regular destination for me so not too bothered. All-in-all an excellent all-rounder. A point to note though regarding the description of this case - the capacity is 79 litres (69/25) and not 102 litres (75/28).

The Big Miss: My Years Coaching Tiger Woods
The Big Miss: My Years Coaching Tiger Woods
by Hank Haney

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good read, 17 Feb. 2013
I don't quite get the one and two stars some people have given the book - it's far better than that. I must admit though, if I didn't get it as a Christmas gift I wouldn't have bought it as I was put off by the critics.

I don't think Haney deserves the criticism he has had from some quarters of the golfing community since the release of the book. I think it is a frank view from someone who was part of the inner circle of what is the 'Woods Machine'. A far, far better read than some of the dross that is out there at the moment. Certainly kept me hooked from start to finish.

Tiger: The Real Story
Tiger: The Real Story
by Steve Helling

3.0 out of 5 stars Not too bad, 17 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Tiger: The Real Story (Hardcover)
Far better than 'Unplayable: An Inside Account of Tiger's Most Tumultuous Season' but not as good as 'The Big Miss: My Years Coaching Tiger Woods'. Worth a read if it's the only 'Tiger' book you have.

Unplayable: An Inside Account of Tiger's Most Tumultuous Season
Unplayable: An Inside Account of Tiger's Most Tumultuous Season
by Robert Lusetich

2.0 out of 5 stars Give it a miss, 17 Feb. 2013
I have read another couple of books about Tiger ('The Big Miss' & 'Tiger: The Real Story') and this is by far the worst. Americanised writing style with, in some cases, very poor grammar and badly constructed sentences. Not much about Tiger the man, more about how he played throughout the season, which was acceptable, but not as described in the summary. Just couldn't get into it at all.

Bosch TDA4632GB Sensixx B3  Steam Iron ceramic soleplate deep berry
Bosch TDA4632GB Sensixx B3 Steam Iron ceramic soleplate deep berry

3.0 out of 5 stars Another Leaker, 21 Mar. 2012
Bought the iron from Comet only thirteen months ago and it has started to leak. I wouldn't mind if this was a one-off incident with Bosch irons but it isn't. This was a replacement for another, more expensive Bosch iron (TDA5620) that also sprung a leak after only a couple of months use! The first one was taken back to Comet who changed it for me there and then - good service - pity about the iron....
I am in the process at the moment of sending this one back to Bosch at no charge via their customer service department which has to be said is very good.
We have other Bosch products in the home and to be honest I'm starting to lose faith in them, they don't seem to be of the same quality as they were a few years back. The majority of Bosch stuff now found in the UK is not made in Germany at all which may surprise a lot of people. We recently also had a problem with our Bosch washing machine, which had to be renewed after only a couple of years (changed to Siemens). I am now tending to stick with products actually made and assembled in Germany i.e. certain Miele and Siemens products as they seem to be more robust - also more expensive unfortunately. I lived in Germany for many years and cant remember ever having this many problems with these type of appliances before. Let's wait an see.

Miele S7510 upright cleaner - Ivory White
Miele S7510 upright cleaner - Ivory White

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, but not perfect, 2 Nov. 2010
Very good quality product with just a few 'niggles'.

For:

10 year miele warranty (bought through miele main website not the standard 3-5 year available through Domestic & General when bought from 'other' sales sites) - worth it's weight in gold.

Quality German engineering on all fronts, with very good suction.

Against:

Quite heavy.

Easily marked by radiators, etc.

No auto-rewind for electric lead.