Profile for S. Terry > Reviews

Content by S. Terry

S. Terry (Torquay, Devon UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
New Star
New Star

5.0 out of 5 stars Great track from TB, 24 Jan 2014
This review is from: New Star (MP3 Download)
Taken from "Dark On Fire", this track is one of the best from that album. Olly Knights performs this live virtually alone,(not completely), but the brilliant Gale P is still there. Brilliant.

Raise Your Voices
Raise Your Voices

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant choral piece, 24 Jan 2014
This review is from: Raise Your Voices (MP3 Download)
Not many choir songs can successfully cross over into the mainstream world given a pop arrangement, but this can, and does wonderfully. Secret Garden should be heard far more widely than they are, they are such talented composers and musicians in the true sense. Excellent.

I'm Wanderin'
I'm Wanderin'

4.0 out of 5 stars One of two bonus tracks, 11 July 2013
This review is from: I'm Wanderin' (MP3 Download)
Pity it wasn't on the CD I've got but still had to get this and Waltz With Me Under The Sun. They're included on some issues, "Waltz is the better song but gotta hear everything from this great new singer.

Waltz With Me Under The Sun (From "Queen Of Carthage")
Waltz With Me Under The Sun (From "Queen Of Carthage")

5.0 out of 5 stars Bonus track from Dark Black, 11 July 2013
This is a lovely track that wasn't on my CD, but had to have it after discovering it was a bonus track on later issues. Pretty song.

Sparks
Sparks

5.0 out of 5 stars A Nice Find, 11 July 2013
This review is from: Sparks (MP3 Download)
I'm fast becoming a big Kristina Train fan from her two albums so far, and luckily I came across this track hidden away on a film soundtrack album. Got to have it.

Can't Get Enough of Your Love Baby
Can't Get Enough of Your Love Baby

5.0 out of 5 stars Barrys' best, 11 July 2013
I haven't really been a massive BW fan if I'm honest, but I've always loved Loves Theme and this track particularly and it's use of the orchestra in a R&B song, but Barry was very good at that, and I don't doubt his sincerity in his delivery of the lyrics.

Shake The Tree
Shake The Tree

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic album from Nell, 11 July 2013
This review is from: Shake The Tree (MP3 Download)
I didn't buy this album when it first came out, but wish I had as it is a fine offering from Nell. I have had it on repeat in the cd player since getting it, as there isn't really a weak track on it, for me, maybe If I Forget is my least favourite at the moment, but so many tracks are very strong and too numerous to mention here. Buy it.

Rare Masters
Rare Masters
Offered by HitsvilleUK & more

4.0 out of 5 stars Elton John-Rare Masters, 18 Jun 2013
This review is from: Rare Masters (Audio CD)
Good album for completest Elton fans, though I can see why many of the tracks were only B-sides, perhaps not his best songs. However, it contains the complete "Friends" album, "Into The Old Mans' Shoes", a different version of "Madman Across The Water", some very early songs and the Kiki Dee song, "Sugar On The Floor" which ends the collection on a high spot.

Done
Done

5.0 out of 5 stars The Band Perry-Done, 18 Jun 2013
This review is from: Done (MP3 Download)
Great single from this slightly rockier Lady Antebellum-type bands' new album. Didn't know they were a country band from hearing this!

Love Makes the Changes: The Lyrics of Alan and Marilyn Bergman
Love Makes the Changes: The Lyrics of Alan and Marilyn Bergman

4.0 out of 5 stars Jack Jones-Love Makes The Changes, 18 Jun 2013
Had to have this as I've just seen him in concert again and he's still amazing. I'm not sure it's one of his best records though, quite bare on the instruments, no orchestra, just piano, bass and drums, but I respect Jack so much I wouldn't be without it. Probably only for true fans and completists.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3