Profile for MELPY > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
A Once Upon a Time Tale: Reawakened
A Once Upon a Time Tale: Reawakened

4.0 out of 5 stars Good!, 9 Feb. 2015
Being a massive OUAT lover, and book-obsessed, I was super eager to read this. I feel that the author captured what the character's were thinking very well, especially since you can't tell that on camera. But, I do feel that the author rushed quite a few parts, having watched the series'. Recommended; although it's not the best book in the world, it's definitely a good read.

The Testing 3: Graduation Day (The Testing Trilogy)
The Testing 3: Graduation Day (The Testing Trilogy)

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely Recommended, 22 Jan. 2015
When you read a book, it's the best feeling ever. Especially when you read a perfect book. The only frustrating thing (apart from the feels) in a perfect book, is the inability to explain exactly how you felt about the book, how it touched you, just how good it actually was. How it oozed with danger, threat and romance, all the makings of an amazing book. There are no words good enough to describe a perfect book.

Henceforth, I give you 'Graduation Day'.

If I Stay
If I Stay

4.0 out of 5 stars Heart-Breaking, 4 Jan. 2015
This review is from: If I Stay (Kindle Edition)
This book ripped my heart out, stamped on it, and then shoved it back in brutally. **WARNING** The feels are immense. I absolutely loved it, the story line is interesting and gripping. I read it in a matter of days, it is amazing. Go ahead and read it!

Allegiant (Divergent Book 3)
Allegiant (Divergent Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!, 1 Jan. 2015
I do agree that this one isn't as good as the last two, but it is still amazing. I tore through it within a week. Definitely recommended, stop reading negative reviews and buy! Satisfying (yet shocking and sad) ending to what has been one of my favourite YA Dystopian trilogys; yes, it beats THG. The only trilogy better is The Testing. I've rated all 3 books 5 stars - Roth's marvellous writing deserves it.

Insurgent (Divergent Trilogy, Book 2)
Insurgent (Divergent Trilogy, Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely my favourite in the Divergent Trilogy, 1 Jan. 2015
I loved Insurgent. No lie, ONE of the best books I have ever read. Stop reading negative reviews and just read the book!! It's amazing. A really strong plot that carries on from Divergent perfectly.

The Testing (The Testing Trilogy Book 1)
The Testing (The Testing Trilogy Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing - I couldn't stop reading!, 1 Jan. 2015
First things first. Stop listening to the reviews saying "Too much like The Hunger Games!" People immediately think that that means the book is bad. It's so not! Just because THG is a best-selling series, with box-office smashing films, it doesn't mean that when a book is compared to it, it is automatically bad. So get that out of your brain and honestly GIVE THIS BOOK A GO!

No exaggeration, hands down this is the best book I have ever read. The plot is strong, and gives a clever twist to the dystopian genre (my favourite). I read the 352 pages in a matter of days, and that is because I was constantly looking for a chance to read. Whenever I had a spare minute I would sit down and read the next few chapters. Please give this book a go, you will not regret it.

Divergent (Divergent Trilogy, Book 1)
Divergent (Divergent Trilogy, Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't stop thinking about it!, 24 July 2014
Honestly, I say this about every book I read. But divergent was so good that I just I just WISH there were words good enough to explain it! Best book ever by far.

The Fault in Our Stars
The Fault in Our Stars

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 10 Jun. 2014
I really enjoyed reading this book, it gives a modern twist on romance. It left me with a mix of emotions, (satisfied yet sad) as I'm sure it did with lots of other readers ;) However, the only reason I rated it 4 stars is that which teenagers on earth talk in such a silly pretentious way? I'm sorry to people obsessed by this book, but even you must admit this is true. Over all, I did love this book, though.

Pony Whisperer: 3: Runaway Rescue (The Pony Whisperer)
Pony Whisperer: 3: Runaway Rescue (The Pony Whisperer)

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, 7 Jun. 2014
Good book, but even as a keen reader I just couldn't get into it. Also, as an 11 year old (almost 12) I prefer books like The Fault In Our Stars & the Divergent Series (both highly recommended). Anyway, I personally think it is just too young for me, maybe perfect for a 9 year old?

Kate: The Biography
Kate: The Biography

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for someone obsessed with Kate (like me)!!, 19 Aug. 2013
I have a question. Is Marcia Moody a HELLO! editor or writer? I totally agree with the other review. It is definitely written in the style of a HELLO! article. It quotes what people have said about Kate, or the Middleton family. But, before anybody thinks I am writing this review AGAINST this book, I am not. It is brilliant! It gives you lots of unknown information about HRH The Duchess of Cambridge. I have not finished the book yet, but I am highly enjoying it. Especially as I am learning lots of new and interesting information about my idol, Kate Middleton. Highly recommended - good facts, GREAT price (probably about 50% off!) , really enjoyable. This book gives the best information about Kate that I have ever read. And trust me, I have read A LOT about Kate!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 3, 2013 4:18 PM BST