Profile for Gina > Reviews

Content by Gina

Gina "Gina" (United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
Polycotton Polyester Hollowfibre Duvet, 13.5 Tog, King
Polycotton Polyester Hollowfibre Duvet, 13.5 Tog, King
Offered by Linens Limited

1.0 out of 5 stars Cold and very disappointed, 8 Oct 2014
My 13.5 tog duvet from Linens Limited arrived quite quickly but when I took off the outer packaging, the inner plastic bag which contained the quilt was nothing like the one pictured. The picture on the listing shows colourful packaging and that the quilt is from "Vivid Dreams". I was worried that Linens Limited had sent the wrong one because I purchased this duvet based on the many excellent reviews. I sent an e-mail through amazon attaching a photograph of the still-unopened duvet. I received a reply asking me to send a photograph! I of course replied saying I already had! I then received another e-mail saying they would look into it. The following day, I received another e-mail saying I had been sent the correct quilt. I replied, asking why it was in totally different packaging than the one pictured in the listing. I received two automated replies at the same time advising that my query would be looked into and heard NOTHING since. In the end, I unpacked it and put it on my bed, after the usual battle with the cover. I thought how flat it was but knew I had to give it chance to "fluff" up. It HAS NOT fluffed up at all and I am cold at night. Far inferior to my previous cheap Asda duvet which eventually fell apart, thus my reason for purchasing this (awful) one. Decent communication to start with and then they lost interest obviously. Well, I have lost interest in ever purchasing from Linens Limited ever again.

Betron B750s Earphones Headphones, High Definition, in-ear, Tangle Free, Noise Isolating , HEAVY DEEP BASS for iPhone, iPod, iPad, MP3 Players, Samsung Galaxy, Nokia, HTC, Nexus, BlackBerry etc (Black)
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent earphones for the money, 14 Sep 2014
Bought these because they had good reviews and most of all, they are tangle-free. I have some Sennheiser earphones which have outstanding sound quality but the wires tangle so easily. The sound quality isn't as good as my Sennheisers but comes a close second and great for the gym. 3 different sized ear buds supplied too, as well as a good quality pouch to keep the earphones in. Would recommend.

Womens Toe Post Comfy Flower Flip Flops Sandals
Womens Toe Post Comfy Flower Flip Flops Sandals
Offered by Shoestore

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous, want another pair!, 7 July 2014
These flip flops are so pretty and extremely comfortable too. They are classy enough to wear on a casual evening out in this country as well as on your hols too. Bought them in white and am so impressed, I think I'll be buying a pair in black too. Highly recommend.

Osmo Blinding Shine Serum - Perfect For Taming Straight Or Curly Hair - 50ml
Osmo Blinding Shine Serum - Perfect For Taming Straight Or Curly Hair - 50ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Osmo I love you!!, 16 Dec 2013
I am deliriously happy with this serum, which I only recently discovered on amazon. I had never heard of Osmo before but I am never going back now I've found them. I've got long, thick, curly hair and must have tried nearly everything on the market to tame my frizz and flyaways, including the too-expensive Moroccanoil. I applied this Osmo serum to towel-dried hair yesterday and dried it with my ionic hairdryer and it does exactly what it promises. It defrizzes and defines curls and for the first time EVER, someone commented on how shiny my hair looks today. I am so happy. I have been so fed up with my unruly curls and frizz recently, I had contemplated cutting my hair short, but not any more! Thank you Osmo, please don't stop producing this serum (that usually happens when I find a product I love!)

Senscience Curl Define Conditioner 300 ml
Senscience Curl Define Conditioner 300 ml
Offered by Planet Hair & Beauty

5.0 out of 5 stars Does EXACTLY what it says on the label !, 31 Aug 2013
Came across this brand by pure chance, had never heard of Senscience before. I'd been after a curl defining conditioner for so long, to define my natural curls and also prevent frizz / flyaways. This is everything I need from a conditioner: it detangles, provides curl definition and prevents frizz. Unfortunately, it's expensive for the 300ml size. Maybe I will invest in the 1-litre bottle when I next get paid !

St Ives. Body Lotion Renewing Collagen Elastin 620 ml Pump
St Ives. Body Lotion Renewing Collagen Elastin 620 ml Pump
Offered by Adams Beauty

3.0 out of 5 stars Can't stand the smell ...., 31 Aug 2013
I purchased this after reading all the good reviews and because I have very sensitive skin, therefore the fact that it has "natural ingredients" really appealed. I have no idea what makes it smell the way it does, because I don't recognise anything on the ingredients list, but it's enough to stop me using it, I'm afraid. If you're not bothered by overpowering smells, this is an excellent non-greasy lotion which sinks in very easily. I do rate St Ives products highly and am disappointed that I can't use this. Looking for a good home for it now....

Olay SPF 15 Anti-Wrinkle Firm & Lift Moisturiser Day Cream
Olay SPF 15 Anti-Wrinkle Firm & Lift Moisturiser Day Cream
Offered by Activecare Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic anti-wrinkle cream and the SPF is excellent too, 29 Mar 2013
I've been using Olay products for years and occasionally tried other anti-wrinkle creams to give them the benefit of the doubt, but always come back to Olay. The only one I found which comes close is L'Oreal Youth Code Day Cream, but it's expensive in comparison to this Olay Day Cream. Olay Anti-Wrinkle Day Cream does exactly what it says, keeps wrinkles at bay. I'm in my late 40s and have been using Olay since my 20s. I have no wrinkles, that's the truth and it must be because I've been using Olay for two decades. I also recently used this every day on holiday abroad where it was 90 degrees and the SPF definitely works. My face didn't burn at all and tanned very nicely too (my skin is fair to medium). I would say if you are very fair-skinned, you should use a higher factor but then again, you'll know this already :-)

Duronic LS1018 Digital 50KG Capacity Luggage/Bag/Suitcase Scales with straps, bag and batteries
Offered by DURONIC

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, 3 Mar 2013
Upset and disappointed after reading such good reviews of this item. The day before my holiday, I weighed my case, great, the scales showed it wasn't overweight. Went to weigh my hand luggage (which was pretty light) and the strap came away from the weighing unit and won't re-attach. It seems to have a screw mechanism but won't screw back in at all, it's as though the thread has gone. So I am left with broken scales and too worried to add any more items to my suitcase in case it goes over my allowance.

LUXOR - 3 Tier Media Storage Shelf Rack - Glass / Chrome
LUXOR - 3 Tier Media Storage Shelf Rack - Glass / Chrome
Offered by Watsons on the Web

5.0 out of 5 stars Really stylish & easy to assemble, 5 Jan 2013
I must admit I get a bit scared when I order flat pack stuff because I'm a bit DIY-phobic. Being a tad clumsy doesn't help because I get scared in case I break something while I'm assembling it! All that said, I must say I was pleasantly surprised at how easy this was to assemble. The instructions are spot-on too, which was a bonus. It looks great, would fit in with any decor. Wish I could have afforded the 5-tier version but maybe I'll buy another 3-tier one at a later date.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 30, 2013 1:45 AM GMT

Genius Traveler 7000 Mini Optical Wireless Fuschia 1200dpi 3 Buttons Mouse - Yellow

3.0 out of 5 stars Was expecting better quality, 13 Nov 2012
I was expecting great things from this mouse, given the fact that I paid nearly £12 for it. I know, a mouse is a mouse is a mouse. But I was so het-up after trying to get the battery in, I had to turn the heating down. The mouse takes one AAA battery, but try as I might, at first, it wouldn't "bed into" the compartment. You have to tilt it on so that the negative end goes in first, but then have to practically force the rest of it in, so that the positive end makes contact. This may sound like gobbledygook but I'm not that technical so apologies if it doesn't make much sense. Suffice it to say, I managed to get the battery in the compartment. It didn't look as though it was in properly but it must be because the mouse is working okay. I do hope it continues to work for a long time, as I've never paid this much for a mouse before and to be honest, battery-installing problem aside, it's flimsier than I was expecting too. Time will tell, I guess.

Page: 1 | 2