Profile for IngaKS > Reviews

Content by IngaKS

IngaKS "Inga Kupp-Silberg" (Estonia)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
The Hotter You Burn (Original Heartbreakers)
The Hotter You Burn (Original Heartbreakers)
by Gena Showalter
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Adorable!, 12 Aug. 2015
My review:

I loved this book! It's a second book written by Gena Showalter that I have read and I truly enjoyed it! The Hotter You Burn is well-written, easy and fun to read and has some adorable characters! I have to admit that I have fallen in love with Gena's writing style. The dialogue is funny and quirky, the characters relatable and interesting and the story flows and the pacing is great! She is genuinly a fascinating and gripping storyteller. I read the book practically in one sitting and couldn't put it down, it was a true page-turner for me.

The story is about Harlow and Beck. Harlow is a reformed high-school bully who has paid heavy price for her actions. Living in a small town the forgiveness from others is very slow to come. She is homeless, jobless and without a penny. she lives in a tent on the grounds on Beck's house. The house, which used to be her family's. beck is a sucessful business owner whose relationships to women is one-and-done. I loved the beginning of the story when they meet, it was both funny and a bold start of the book. Harlow is breaking in to Beck's house and getting caught while stealing a pie. From that scene onwards I was sold!

Beck is very attracted to Harlow but he tries to convince himself that she isn't for him. He even goes that far, that he decides to find her a decent boyfriend! He can't get her out of his head though. Harlow has to fac a lot of enemity from everyone who lives in the town, but she tries and she tries hard. There were moments in the book where I thought: come on girl, move to a bigger place and start a new life, but harlow is persistant and that is one of the things I admired about her. She wasn't a dormat, she had a lot of backbone and walked through the difficulties with her head held up and with feistiness that I adored.

I think the best part of the book were the dialogues, the characters and the huumor in it. Despite dealing with some heavy issues the characters are facing, the book has a positive taste, there is hope and happy endings and I enjoyed it a lot!

Definately a good and entertaining and romantic book to read! I highly recommend it! And as said, I love Gena's writing! Can't wait to the next book in the series!

5 stars!

The Closer You Come (Original Heartbreakers)
The Closer You Come (Original Heartbreakers)
by Gena Showalter
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 31 Mar. 2015
My review:

I am little ashamed, that this is the first book written by Gena Showalter what I have read. I am well aware of her successful carrier and I know that she has written tons of brilliant books, but... here it is - The Closer You Come is the first one for me.

It was well-written and engrossing book! I read it in one sitting and couldn't put it down before the last page was turned. I was hooked within few pages, I truly liked her writing style.

The characters grew on me quite quickly. Jase was adorable!!! Out of prison, he is doing his best to stay out of trouble, but boy, didn't he know what was coming - a beauty called Brook Lynn! Their chemistry was great, the tension between them was visible and the author made my heart beat twice quicker than usually. Besides two great main characters, the supportive characters can't be underestimated. Hopefully we'll hear more about them.

I also enjoyed the surroundings where the story takes place and it plays an important role in the book in my opinion. It gives a pleasurable background for the plot.

All in all, definitely one on of my favorites in 2015! Read it and you will not be sorry!

Jacked (Trent Brothers Book 1)
Jacked (Trent Brothers Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Suspensful good read!, 28 Mar. 2015
My review:

Jacked by Tina Reber is a long book, more than 500 pages. With long books there is always a risk, that the book might lose readers attention. Luckily that wasn't a case with Jacked. It was well written and had solid characters with interesting stories and also a very good plot. There was a lot of suspense included into the story and it made the whole book gripping.

Plot:

The first chapters hooked me. The story starts intensively with lot of drama. The main character ER doctor Erin Novak is working when her uncle is brought to ER after a car accident in which his wife dies. Besides that, when driving home from the hospital, she is stopped by ATTF, she is cuffed and interrogated on the site and everything seems to be collapsing. During that, there is an accident on the road and she is brought back into broken bones and death. This is how she meets Adam Trent, who is detective in ATTF and a reality show star. Talking about catching the reader's interest, right?!

Adam and Erin meet again in ER when Adam needs stitches in his hand and suddenly Erin is involved in much more she bargained for. Dealing with the loss of her uncle and aunt, her past, her ex-boyfriend - all that makes it difficult for Erin to cope. When you add shootings and stolen cars into the story, then both Erin and Adam have a lot of their tables.

What did I like?

I loved pacing in this book. Since the book is very long, then the pacing was very important for me. The plot had to have some action and suspense and it did. It offered surprises and unforeseen twists.
I enjoyed the characters and the character development.
I think the dialogues were well-written and they made me giggle and laugh, so there were humor in it!
I loved that the supportive characters got also some room in the book. They were important for the story and added value to the main plot.

What did I dislike?
There was one things I didn't understand fully. I really liked the healthy sexual relationship and passion between Adam and Erin, but the bondage part of it seemed out of place. I understand how it made them being honest and talking to each other, but either there should have been more of it or it should be somehow better shown why it was necessary. It felt not justified.

Characters:

Erin was my favorite character in this book. She was strong person and independent woman, who had worked hard to get where she was in her life. I liked even her small insecurities she had. She was giving and she also grew a lot together with Adam. Adam balanced her with his protectiveness and giving her "all in" kind of relationship. I liked how their relationship was developed throughout the story.

Overall:

Jacked is definitely a good book which holds romance, action,suspense and great characters!

The Longest Ride
The Longest Ride
by Nicholas Sparks

5.0 out of 5 stars It's incredibly good story! Nicholas Sparks has an amazing ability to ..., 28 Mar. 2015
This review is from: The Longest Ride (Paperback)
My review:

It's incredibly good story! Nicholas Sparks has an amazing ability to entangle people's stories into a engrossing tale which grabs you from the first page until the words "The End". I truly enjoyed the descriptions of two different eras and couples and was curious to see, how they are connected to each other.

The story starts with an old man - Ira - having a car accident in a snowstorm. He survives it, but can't get out of the car, he is weakened and hurt by it, he doesn't have anything to eat or drink and can't get out of the car. He spends his time to think back, imagining his wife sitting next to him and having a long road on the memory lane with her, where they tell each other stories about their past during the Second World War and after that.

In the same time, a paralleled story folds: Sophia, an university student, is going to bull rodeo with her friends and meets a rodeo star Luke. They are very different, Luke has grown up on a ranch and Sophia is studying art. Besides that, there are secrets involved which makes their relationship complicated and challenges both of them. I loved them together, even though they aren't match made in heaven, they are very good to each other!

Both stories from different times are fascinating and heartbreaking and emotional and the characters are incredibly well written. I couldn't put the book away and read it almost in one sitting. It was compelling and had great twists and turns. I loved how the story ended. It's a lovely story!

Soaring: Volume 2 (The Magdalene Series)
Soaring: Volume 2 (The Magdalene Series)
by Kristen Ashley

5.0 out of 5 stars I have been in love with her books, 28 Mar. 2015
My review:

Since the first book, I have read by Kristen Ashley, I have been in love with her books. When I saw, that Soaring is out, I got it for my Kindle right away and started reading. What a journey!

Amelia and Mickey's story was beautifully written. It was gripping, emotional and real. I love how the author is writing about people who are in their forties and shows, that the life can be as beautiful for them as when they were younger. I enjoy how she describes the relationships between people who already have kids. I think the way Kristen Ashley describes mature love, is adorable. It can be painful to find the trust again and amend with the past, but she has a great talent of making her stories and characters believable and real.

Amelia is a woman in her mid-forties who is coming to Magdalena to make up for the mistakes she has done in the past. It's a fresh start for her: new house, new people, new friends, new work. She is a heiress of companies worth of millions, but money is not what she needs. She has been humiliated, she has been cheated and the people whom she loved most have been taken away from her - her children. Even being hurt and broken way too many times, she finds a renewed determination to fix the wrongs.

When she meets her neighbor Mickey, she feels attracted to him, but her own situation makes things complicated. Mickey is a firefighter who is raising his children himself because his ex-wife has abandoned them due to alcoholism. Mickey has his own demons to fight, but they connect. Amelia likes his kids and spends some time with the Donovan family while trying to repair her relationship to her own children. Amelia doesn't think her relationship with Mickey will work out due to her past, but step by step they find their way to each other.

Besides the fact, that I enjoyed the plot a lot, I absolutely loved the characters. Amelia's and Mickey's children were adorable! The part of the story which involved the struggles of the children was simply fabulous! I don't know where the author takes this, but her ability to write teenagers and kids is amazing!

Read it, it's a great book about grown-ups getting second chances and changing their lives!

Against the Cage: A Worth the Fight Novel (Worth the Fight series Book 1)
Against the Cage: A Worth the Fight Novel (Worth the Fight series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good start to stand alone series!, 3 Feb. 2015
My review:

I really enjoyed Against the Cage. Actually, to turn it around, what is there not to enjoy? It's well written, funny and hot romance where a MMA fighter and a cop meets a doctor, a woman from his past.

Plot:

Chrissy, a doctor who has been working all over the globe at different catastrophe areas, is returning to her hometown to bale out her brother from the prison. She has estranged relationship with Slade. They used to be very close, until the day, their father died. Still, whenever Slade, the MMA fighter, is in trouble, he calls Chrissy, his only living family.

On her way to the jailhouse, she is stopped by a police officer.To her surprise, the cop is the best friend of Chrissy's brother. When Jack recognizes Chrissy, sparks fly! There is a history between Chrissy and Jack, and even there is a lot of attraction in the play, there are obstacles. Jack has always seen Chrissy as a little sister (at least until they meet again) and Chrissy doesn't like the idea Jack being a MMA fighter like her brother is and Jack is also well-known player. These things doesn't fit into Chrissy's plans.

Characters:

I liked Chrissy because she was independent and strong woman. I did not understand few things about her though and there were times where I couldn't relate to her. Her constant complaining and worry about MMA fights remained a mystery for me. I did understand that she was worried about her brother, but her overly strong stand against legal fights was a mystery for me. How can a woman who is working with heavily injured people daily, be so overwhelmingly nervous? I didn't understand that. She seemed little whiny when it came to what her brother did for living.

I loved Jack for several reasons. The biggest reason is probably how he cared for both Chrissy and Slade. I loved the close relationship between Jack and Slade and how Jack was the voice of reason for Slade.

I also enjoyed the relationship dynamics between Jack and Chrissy.

I would like to add, that the supporting characters were a lot of fun to read about! They gave a lot of added value to the book. I loved Slade and I am glad, that the second book in the series is about him! But all the other guys from the WtF Academy were enjoyable and well-written. The dialogues between the guys made me laugh out loud several times, the bickering was great!

Oh, and I simply must say, that the whole Chihuahua story line was awesome!

Generally:

All in all, it was a fun book to read. Well-written and enjoyable plot, interesting characters, hot romance. Definitely worth of reading!

Fairy Tale in New York
Fairy Tale in New York

5.0 out of 5 stars Adorable holiday read!, 5 Jan. 2015
My review:

I have so far loved all the published books by Nicky Wells. I think her stories are well-written, heart-warming and uplifting. I have also read Nicky's last year's Christmas Novella: Spirits of of Christmas, which introduced both Jude and Carrie to the readers, but both novellas can be read as standalone. Fairy Tale in New York is an adorable read which gives you an instant feeling of true holidays and what Christmas should be about!

Even on 100 short pages, Nicky manages to create a story which has a great emotional value, includes a fascinating beginning, story building and plotting and a very happy ending. I really think the author is very skilled to put a believable and adorable story into a short novella. Job well done!

Imagine this! Jude and Carrie are in New York, hoping to get home to England for Christmas after Jude has been touring in US with his band, but instead they are stranded in the airport due to the snowstorm. When a gentlemen tries desperately to get home for the birth of his child, Jude decides to do a good deed and gives his ticket to the gentleman, understanding what it means if you miss the birth of your child. Not wanting to be apart for Christmas, Carrie and their kid Maya are staying in New York together with Jude.

Jude and Carrie are facing a hard situation where all the hotels are fully booked, no rooms available, they have a little kid with them and most of the stores are closed for the holidays. But as said, no good deed goes unpunished, right?

After meeting a friendly Italian cop and his family, miracles do happen and kindness will be well paid off with love and cheer.

Fairy Tale in New York was truly and genuinely good story. It's about what's important, it's about having and appreciating values, its' about finding solution to seemingly unsolvable situation, it's about giving and loving and last, but not least, it's a story about that love and goodness can conquer everything!

The Resistance (Hard to Resist Book 1)
The Resistance (Hard to Resist Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly written!, 5 Jan. 2015
My review:

I got a sneak peek in Skip to the Good Part anthology, where a short teaser from The Resistance was published and I bought The Resistance right after that. The teaser was so promising, so I simply had to have the book! Boy, did I love it!

The Resistance is an intense, fun and well-written book! I loved the characters and the whole story-line and the dialogue in the book adorable!

Holliday Hughes is a successful woman who has invented an Internet meme which went viral. She is visiting Las Vegas for a meeting and after a boring event she is headed to a bar, where a gorgeous guy is asking her for her ID when she is buying a drink. There is an immediate attraction between them and Holliday decides to go for a one-night stand with the sexy stranger whom she thinks is a security guard in the hotel.

Next night in Vegas she finds out shocking truth about the guy she met. Jack Dalton is a lead singer of a world famous rock band The Resistance and he is better known as Johnny Outlaw. Jack Dalton stole a piece of Holli's heart, but she is not sure she can like Johnny Outlaw. And this is how their story starts.

What I loved about the book?

The characters were extraordinary well-written. I loved that Holliday was an independent and successful woman who put her foot down when needed. I liked that she didn't have insecurities and she wasn't heavily influenced by the fact, that her boyfriend was a rock star. She was down to earth and at the same time had a great sense of humor. She was there for Dalton when he needed her most, but then again, she knew what her limits were. I loved that!

I also loved Dalton. What wasn't there to love about him?! He wasn't only a good looking star, but also had his heart at the right place. I was very happy for him when he faced his demons.

I also loved Rochelle and Cory and my heart broke for Rochelle and I am so happy that the next book is about Rochelle.

The dialogue was funny and right out awesome! I giggled a lot. At the same time,the author also gave quite a lot of intensity and anxiety. The relationship between Dalton and Holli was hot, intense and very sexy!

I also loved the plot and the story development. It includes some serious surprises to me and I love that about a good story!

A great read!

Tur: Elsker Saga Book 0.5 - a novella
Tur: Elsker Saga Book 0.5 - a novella

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 10 Jun. 2014
My review:

Even though Tur by S.T. Bende is a short read, it is a very good one! It captured my attention from the very first page until the last page and it kept me wanting more!

I love reading mythological fiction books and the Norse/Nordic mythology is one of my favorite ones, it's very close to my heart, so I was little anxious to see how well S.T. Bende fares with it and she did a good job! The settings were great and all the gods and creatures recognizable.

The story itself was well-written and I loved the characters! I enjoyed that Inga had such a strong personality which was fit to her husband Gunnar. Mind you, both of them are gods, but I loved that they were equals, that Inga could stand her ground, being a great warrior, smart and sassy and hot. Cool name, too! ;) Definitely a worthy partner to Gunnar - a warrior assassin. I adored Gunnar, his strenght, his love towards Inga and his sense of humor and masculinity. I have to admit, they were both very lovable and sweet and hot! The dynamics between the two of them was excellently written! I would love to have them as friends because they both had great personalities.

I think the dialogue was great in the book, it was funny, sexy, and absorbing. It had sparks and sizzles and was enjoyable to read.

An excellent and adorable novella to read! You don't want to miss it!

Two Little Lies (Seasons of Deception Book 2)
Two Little Lies (Seasons of Deception Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 5 Jun. 2014
My review:

I really enjoy reading a book which brings out thrills on my spine! Two Little Lies was like that. When I was reading it during one evening being alone at home, I really thought I started hearing how the floor was squeaking and doors were moving... It was horrific and terrifying, in a very good way!

Plot:

Laney has survived a killer once and has since that day lost quite a lot. When the killer gets released from prison, Laney's nerves are starting to play tricks on her. Or are they tricks or is somebody really after hurting her again?

When Laney is taking a trip together with her friends to a quite deserted place, renting a holiday house, things start to happen. She meets a friend from her past and the body count starts to increase. Will Laney and her friends survive and can Laney run away from the killer and her past?

What I liked about the book:

I had to get out of bed, switch on few more lamps because Two Little Lies creeped me out. It gave a feeling, that you know something isn't right, that there is somebody right behind you and you have to peak to see, who it is. You know, this little paranoid feeling of being watched... Just like the main character Laney felt. That feeling was described in a way it caught you. T.A. Kunz is incredibly good at writing the suspense, increasing the tension until you almost can't take it anymore. It was well-written!

There are also many well-written likable characters. Even though you get some ideas who might be the bad guy, I was still surprised by the author. You know that somebody will die, but it seemed that the author (and I as a reader as well) genuinely enjoyed killing the characters off!

I also liked that the romance was in the background and that it didn't overwhelm the suspense and the thrill, but it was nicely combined with the horrors of the story.

Generally:

Very good and well-written thriller filled with well-developed characters. I definitely recommend Two Little Lies!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13