Profile for Joy Waith > Reviews

Content by Joy Waith

Joy Waith (West Midlands UK)

Arden Grange Adult Lamb and Rice Dog Food 12 Kg
Arden Grange Adult Lamb and Rice Dog Food 12 Kg
Price: 30.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 18 Mar 2014
A very good product, which my dog enjoys.. good delivery.

I consider this a much healthier product than the majority of dried dog foods

Countryman Shooting Stick - Lightweight Aluminium Walking Stick / Seat - By Coopers
Offered by Forest Mobility
Price: 34.59

5.0 out of 5 stars A great aid for the less able walker, 1 Aug 2013
Having had a knee replacement and awaiting a second I was rather worried about my ability to walk very much on a recent holiday
However I bought the Countryman Shooting Stick and am so glad I did. We were holidaying in Poole and always visit
Brownsea Island where I always enjoyed a good ramble with my children, with the aid of Countryman stick I was able to enjoy a ramble with my grandchildren, being able to stop at intervals, sit comfortably and rest my knees whenever I needed too.
The only downside was my grandchildren complaining that they needed to use it too. A great purchase

Rj's Natural Soft Eating Licorice Log 40 g (Pack of 15)
Rj's Natural Soft Eating Licorice Log 40 g (Pack of 15)
Price: 11.25

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing product, 1 Aug 2013
I normally buy this product from a local supplier and it is delicious.
This pack of the product was awful, normally the licorice has a glossy sheen and is
wonderful. These logs were dull in colour and tasted most unpleasant.
They are produced by the same manufacturer, same wrappers etc and
should have been the of the same quality. They were also well before the sell buy date
I can only suppose they may have been stored incorrectly at the depot

The Uninvited [1944] [DVD]
The Uninvited [1944] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ray Milland
Price: 14.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Why don't they make films like this any more ?, 12 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Uninvited [1944] [DVD] (DVD)
A great film, settle down with a glass of wine, a box of chocs, draw the curtains and enjoy. Still spine tingling after all these years.

Dower & Hall, Orchid - Solid Sterling Silver Carved Paradise Orchid Stud Earrings

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful earrings, let down by packaging, 29 Jan 2013
I purchased these earrings for my daughter's birthday, while the earrings are beautiful and well crafted, the packaging let them down. I have found this a problem in the past with Dower & Hall jewellery. The two boxes that contained the earrings looked attractive from the exterior but were badly let down by the dull blue shabby material in the inner box on which the earrings lay.
This is the reason I have only given the product 4 stars instead of 5

The Slide (Classic Radio Sci-Fi)
The Slide (Classic Radio Sci-Fi)
by Victor Pemberton

5.0 out of 5 stars The terror lingers on after 46 years, 9 Aug 2012
I first listened to the "The Slide" 46 years ago when courting with my then, boyfriend. We would park in a lay-by on Sunday evenings switch on the car radio and listen to this terrifying tale, surrounded by the complete darkness that you only experience in the country.I have never forgotten how nervous we both were as the tale unfolded week after week, romance went out of the window.
When I saw "The Slide" for sale on Amazon I immediately purchased it and I wasn't disappointed, its a little gem, age has not changed the terror it promotes with its carefully
controlled pace. If only the BBC produced serials of this quality now. Small note.. romance did survive..we have now been married for 42 years

The Seven Dials Mystery: Complete & Unabridged
The Seven Dials Mystery: Complete & Unabridged
by Agatha Christie
Price: 16.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Good story ruined by the reader, 3 Aug 2011
A good story for those who enjoy flappers, old country houses and murder.
Regrettably the narration was awful, while Emilia Fox is a delightful actress
her ability to convey the male characters on this CD was quite dreadful.
I listen to many Audio books read by a huge range of actors and actresses
The ability of some readers ie Martin Jarvis, Joan Hickson and Hugh Fraser
make one forget completely their own gender as they have a wonderful
way of taking on the sex of the character they are portraying making it
seem that you have a full cast acting out the story.
Perhaps as she ages Emilia Fox will take on this wonderful ability

Agatha Raisin: The Potted Gardener and the Walkers of Dembley     2 CD set: v. 2
Agatha Raisin: The Potted Gardener and the Walkers of Dembley 2 CD set: v. 2
by M C Beaton
Edition: Audio CD

4.0 out of 5 stars Agatha Raisin: The Potted Gardener and The Walkers of Dembley, 25 May 2008
Enjoyed with reservations, which are the condensing of the books for the radio series from which the tapes are recorded. The books are very well balanced and very enjoyable and the tapes though good(with the excellent Penelope Keith as Agatha Raisin) lost quite a lot of the carefully woven plot and with that some of the continuity of the storyline. Also I could not understand the need to change some names of characters and Agatha,s cats name. I just wish the BBC had felt justified in recording the stories in their entirety. Would I buy more YES