Profile for SUZI > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Essential Heart Shape Pom Pom Maker Baby Fluff Ball Weaver Knitting Craft Tool
Essential Heart Shape Pom Pom Maker Baby Fluff Ball Weaver Knitting Craft Tool

2.0 out of 5 stars Heart shaped pom pom maker, 23 Jan 2014
It arrived in the time stated over the Christmas/New Year period which was good but I found this product tricky to use. I'd been looking forward to the delivery so that I could get started making heart shaped pom poms. I so wanted to be delighted with the results but I was sadly disapointed. Such a shame as it had looked so promising. Essential Heart Shape Pom Pom Maker Baby Fluff Ball Weaver Knitting Craft Tool

Felting Needle Holder (holds 4)
Felting Needle Holder (holds 4)
Offered by Fred Aldous Ltd
Price: 5.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job., 18 Jan 2014
Pros & cons, it is easier to use with the cheaper needles than the Clover products but you do have to take the needles out after you finish using it ~ not much hardship really for the benefit of not paying the dearer price of the named felting needles.

Impex Trimits Natural Wool Roving 50gm Bag - White
Impex Trimits Natural Wool Roving 50gm Bag - White
Offered by GUR Sewing Machines
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job!, 18 Jan 2014
I used this colour to decorate some felted mini gift bags for Christmas with snowmen & snow flakes. Everyone commented on how lovely they were, so, job done I think :)

Womens/Ladies Nightwear/Sleepwear Cuddle Knit Terry Fleece Bedjacket With Satin Trim, Pink Medium/Large

4.0 out of 5 stars Warm & cozy, 18 Jan 2014
I bought this for my elderly mother for Christmas. Perfect for slipping on at any time really when she feels a bit chilly.

Kiddies Korner Needle Holders
Kiddies Korner Needle Holders
Offered by Kiddies Korner Reborn Supplies
Price: 2.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Pedrfect for use., 18 Jan 2014
This review is from: Kiddies Korner Needle Holders
What can I say but they do exactly what they say in the title. They keep my felting needles safe when not in use. May I ask the manufacturers to consider making a 'sharps box/holder' for broken needles. Something cheap enough to be thrown away with the broken needles which would keep them safe from injuring people, or even colour coding the tops of this product ie one colour for broken needles one for whole? Just a thought

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Grumpy Cat Rules, 18 Jan 2014
My son and I both like Grumpy Cat so this was the perfect gift for him this Christmas. Nice quality.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Much to small, 18 Jan 2014
My own fault I should have looked at the size properly and not just the picture. I find that it is far to small for me to use comfortably - but I should have realised as it is decscribed as minature! Lesson learnt I think.

A Crochet Country Garden: 6 elegant high-relief floral afghan blocks to crochet
A Crochet Country Garden: 6 elegant high-relief floral afghan blocks to crochet
Price: 2.01

4.0 out of 5 stars 6 lovely block patterns., 10 Sep 2013
You need to be aware that the American terminology differs from the British. Stitches, hook sizes and yarn names need to be converted back into UK terms. These can easily be found out on the internet but unfortunately it means that this book is not really for the novice learner. You really do need to be confident in your techniques to be able to cope with the conversion from USA to UK terms.
After saying that, the three D flowers are lovely. The sunflower, rose, and zinnia flowers in particular, can I feel be used to make any number of items such as; hair slides, brooches, embellishments for flip flops (without incorporating the granny square) as well as the usual bags, afgans and cushion covers etc when crocheted as a block. Well worth the effort of converting terms to make something which is a little more unusual than the standard 'flat' granny square.

Murder on The Mind (A Jeff Resnick Mystery Book 1)
Murder on The Mind (A Jeff Resnick Mystery Book 1)
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Suzi likes this series, 17 Mar 2013
For anyone who likes a who done it mystery with a psychic twist this is a must read. I have been totally hooked and worked my way through the whole series. If I have any criticism it is that L.L. Bartlett does mention a few to many times that the main character only realised he was psychic after he'd suffered a skull fracture after being mugged. In the first book you forgive her but by the time you get to the end of the series you're cringing when you see the familiar phrase yet again. Still, I would buy the next book in the series if only to see if Maggie & Jeff tie the knot. Well worth the minor irritation.

Cold Case (A Jeff Resnick Mystery)
Cold Case (A Jeff Resnick Mystery)
Price: 0.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't read this if you have already read Bound By Suggestion., 17 Mar 2013
This book is just the first part of Bound By Suggestion so if you've already read that then you know what's going to happen in this one and to be honest you'd be better off getting the longer story. This will just give you a taster of the Jeff Resnick Mysteries and is really more like magazine fiction - very short, very short!

Page: 1 | 2