Profile for Gray373 > Reviews

Content by Gray373

Gray373 (London, United Kingdom)

House of Marley People Get Ready In-Ear Headphones with 3 Button Mic - Rasta
House of Marley People Get Ready In-Ear Headphones with 3 Button Mic - Rasta
Offered by Superfi
Price: 30.25

2.0 out of 5 stars Subdued sound levels, 8 May 2014
I'm a huge fan of House of Marley, and have bought earphones from them for years - being really dissapointed when my other House of Marley ones stopped working. But I was really disappointed with these, as despite looking amazing, and having excellent track and volume control, I fodun that the excessive use of wood on the earphones themselves, meant a reduced volume and quality of sound overall. I went over to the dark side, and got the more expensive Ure Beats by Dr Dre earbuds, and the sound quality and track and volume control are much better. This is a shame, because I really love House of Marley, but I'm afraid their choice of style over function just didn't do it for me.

Natural Sources, Raw Adrenal, 60 Capsules
Natural Sources, Raw Adrenal, 60 Capsules
Offered by High Street
Price: 7.76

3.0 out of 5 stars Fast working, but not good if you have sensitive hormone levels, 8 May 2014
I took this after 4 years of feeling fatigued and unfocused. Its affects started in just under an hour, and although there were positive effects of more drive and feeling more capable - I also felt very moody, depressed and irritable - essentially I felt like I had very bad PMT (and I had just had my menses, so this felt like quite a strange and backwards occurence). I've had this experience with contraceptive pills in the past, where mood swings etc. have been pretty grim depending on how the pill reacted with my already low levels of estrogen hormone. I'm not sure how this raw adrenal chemically effects my hormones or brain chemistry, but all I know is my instant change in mood, wariness, and short fuse were very similar to the negative effects of the pill. It took about two days to wear off, and after that I was fine.

This won't happen for everyone - but just a warning - if you have sensitive hormones, be cautious when taking this. I have found Jarrow's Adrenal Optimizer (which instead has a combination of nutrients and vitamins that support adrenal renewal) - a good alternative to raw adrenal capsules, and definitely helpful for stressful situations and adrenal fatigue (left me in a good, calm mood for days). Hope this is helpful for anyone who is looking around for something for supporting their adrenal glands - main motto is, try things out, but bear in mind other (hormonal) factors when doing so.

Taken in Death: In Death Novella
Taken in Death: In Death Novella
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 20 Oct 2013
Once again, a superbly written short tale, with a little bit of magic and a whole heap of fierce, protective, right on the nail police work, with heart. Loved it. Don't ever stop writing Ms Robb.

Take Back Plenty (S.F. MASTERWORKS)
Take Back Plenty (S.F. MASTERWORKS)
by Colin Greenland
Price: 7.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, but new cover is not., 5 Jun 2013
I loved this book when it first came out. Greenland has created an amazing, strong, focused and real protagonist in Tabitha Jute, with quirky flaws and a ready resolve that pulls you steadily in. His word building is great, as well as the odd and interesting supporting characters, and a wonderfully feisty starship in the form of Alice Liddell.

What lets it down is the new cover. Why put a white European woman with a dodgy afro on it, when the original series showing a beautiful, strong Afro-Caribbean/American woman exuded such beauty and grace (see: Mother of Plenty (Voyager))? I have nothing against the huge number of white protagonists in sci-fi, but surely a strong black protagonist is not so offensive? Just look at the amazing Olivia Pope in Scandal (ABC TV series), the amazing character of Luther in the BBC crime series, and oh, a hell of a lot more in current culture. Obama is the US President for pete's sake (!), and the lovely Michelle is an amazing role model to women everywhere. Black nowadays does not mean a decline in sales. Do we really need to go back to the "white fits all" model to promote a book?

Why take out such a cool and knock-out feature of a key character in a ploy to increase sales to the masses? Tabitha Jute surely demands more respect. Her marketing department seem to have let her down at this stage.

The Hoxton Leather Oyster Card / Travel Pass Holder by Gryphen (Black)
The Hoxton Leather Oyster Card / Travel Pass Holder by Gryphen (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality, Does the Job, 31 May 2013
I bought this to hold my rail season ticket and photocard, and it's great. The size is perfect (nice and slim), and the quality of the leather (I chose the brown one) is very nice. I can place my photocard and annual rail card in the inside bit, and my daily travel ticket on the outside for easy access. A perfect little travel holder!

Calculated in Death: In Death Series: Book 36
Calculated in Death: In Death Series: Book 36
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 16 April 2013
Truly excellent. Highly anticipated, and did not disappoint. Another true winner. I look forward to the next Eve Dallas instalment.

10 Quick and Easy Salads +2 More (Lesbian Love Stories #1)
10 Quick and Easy Salads +2 More (Lesbian Love Stories #1)
Price: 1.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Great collection, 4 Dec 2012
A great trio of Kallmaker shorts. Perfect for a light vacation read. As intended, left me wanting more. I look forward to the next collection.

Rasta Jam Mango & Lime No More Itch Gro Spray 240 ml
Rasta Jam Mango & Lime No More Itch Gro Spray 240 ml
Offered by afrocosmetics4u
Price: 2.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 15 July 2011
Really great - even as just a daily moisturiser for natural hair - keeps your hair hydrated, soft and nice-smelling too.

Rowallan Clifton Leather Range N/South Flapover Bag Cognac
Rowallan Clifton Leather Range N/South Flapover Bag Cognac

5.0 out of 5 stars Really top quality bag, 2 Jun 2011
I'm fairly picky about bags, and wanted a top quality leather messenger bag that wasn't too big and unwieldy, had decent back and front pockets, and had a nice flap to help protect my items when travelling on crowded tube trains during rush hour.

This bag has that and more - the quality of the leather is really really supreme - the cognac tone and sturdy yet pliable texture is great to the touch, to carry, and has had a few heads turning and compliments from strangers as to what a good looking bag it is. The convenience of the front pocket that is covered by a nice flap with magnetic clasp is great, and just right for slotting my new Kindle or paperback book securely into while commuting. The magnetic clasp is sturdy, quiet and quick to click into place - a must for someone who detests noisy velcro fastenings that announce every-time when one is opening one's bag.

All in all, I'm really happy with this bag, and would consider getting a second one or another in the range. A top quality item that I see lasting me for a few years yet.