Profile for ShaggyD > Reviews

Left Behind [DVD]
Left Behind [DVD]
Dvd ~ Nicolas Cage

1.0 out of 5 stars pleeeease read., 20 Nov. 2015
This review is from: Left Behind [DVD] (DVD)
Made the mistake of buying before reading reviews.... i rarely post reviews unless the item really stands out... and boy does this stand out...
please note the overwhelming poor reviews, bought in a supermarket thinking 'Nicholas cage' gotta be an ok movie, something at least ok to watch tonight coz it's got Nik in it..., oohh no, even his acting/character/script is poor.. pleeease save yourself the...errrgh just don't bother, 'tis bad all-round, effects, script, acting, plot..what else can i say....no... bad dog leeeave leeeave... don't think it, "can it really be that baaad"...yes, walk away now..

on a plus note, if you are going to buy it, it's cheaper here than the supermarket.....but still £10 more than it should've been (and yes it is only up for £3 on here)

Broken City [Blu-ray] [2013]
Broken City [Blu-ray] [2013]
Dvd ~ Mark Wahlberg
Offered by A2Z Entertains

2.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm, I wouldn't bother..., 25 May 2015
mheww, 'twas a long plod to the inevitable. I do like Mark Walberg, and most of his films are very good, but this one seemed to me just a long ride to the inevitable, the plot was nothing special, it was dragged out and I was left with a feeling of wasted time.
I don't normally leave reviews unless it really provokes a need to as you can see from my profile of reviews, so trust me with the mheww.
nowt special happenned, I was not kept excited/interested/involved, unless you like the inevitable I'd give it a miss.

Stranded (Blu-Ray)
Stranded (Blu-Ray)
Dvd ~ Christian Slater
Offered by Not2day Media

1.0 out of 5 stars Listen to the reviews, don't waste your money!!!, 16 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Stranded (Blu-Ray) (Blu-ray)
Don't normally leave reviews, but this film is so bad that I had to, even 1 star is too much.

the plot is dire, the progression of the story is illogical, the characters and their actions highly unbelievable so they annoy the hell out of you, the effects barely passable....

I thought whilst contemplating buying this movie that it can't be that bad, Christian Slater is in it and he's alright (broken Arrow) and eventually bought it for a couple of pounds.......even at that price I strongly feel it is a waste of money.

When I started watching it I was determined to give it a good go even if it started to seem a bit ropey, but 10 minutes in I started to fast forward a little bit then watching some more, but ohhh boy, before long I was fast forwarding again, then forwarding a chapter at a time.

I'd watched way more than enough of this awful film than I should of and reached the finishing credits in 20 mins.

Be warned!!!

Affinity Ice Vent Pond Heater
Affinity Ice Vent Pond Heater
Offered by aquacadabra

5.0 out of 5 stars Good design, low power, good delivery and packing., 26 Jan. 2013
Length:: 0:22 Mins

Pleased with the speed of delivery, the packing was good (both amazon and affinity).

In summary - Purchased the affinity heater after a lot of searching, looking at the designs available, reading reviews of the various heaters out there, plus this been the lowest power I could find and thus lowest running costs. This has proven itself to be a very good buy. I bought at £24, but I would still recommend at the present £32 cost, even over the cheaper rod/foam heaters

The design is simple, build quality good, no problem with attaching the heater rod (fitted inside the convection tube) to the float, just push and twist for a firm grip.

I like the design of using a convection tube, will keep water travelling closely up past the heater rod and thus end up with heated water at a low power use jetting out at the top of the tube to the surface of the pond.

The white plastic packing that is embedded in the float is quite obviously meant for floatation by the way that it is hooked into it.

The 10m cable is ideal for the job.

Keep hold of the box for summer storage.

Our small bath sized pond spends all of the day in shade at this time of year, and thus normally gets a very thick covering of ice and is not visable when snow settles. Last year was really bad and even with us clearing a hole every day we ended up with dead toads and fish frozen in the ice.

Over the last few weeks of snow and freezing temperatures the heater has kept a hole about the size of a dinner plate ice free and most of the pond snow free, not just the hole in the middle of the float but round the edges to a good size.
The hole gets visited by birds and the cat that has adopted us as one of his owners, I see the fish passing under the hole quite happily.

The 50watt heater is left on 24/7, thus using 1.2kw, costing us £0.16 a day with the tariff that we are on.

Video of heater in action attached.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 13, 2013 2:54 PM GMT

Pioneer TS-G1013i 10cm 3-Way Speaker and 130W Max
Pioneer TS-G1013i 10cm 3-Way Speaker and 130W Max
Offered by Car Audio Warehouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple good quality speakers, 12 Jun. 2012
Bought to replace the 17 year old torn dash speakers in my VW T4 transporter, fitted easily and sound great.

Well packaged, nice looking and as said, sound great.

AIO AIO Black Wallet Leather Case For Motorola Defy MB525 + LCD Screen Protector

5.0 out of 5 stars Leather bookcase for Motorola defy plus (mb526), 12 Jun. 2012
Good product, well made, simple and plain with no faff and at a good price.

Using for the motorola defy plus (mb526), was a bit wary having read on google about magnets near certain parts of the screen sending the plus into car dock mode, but no problems at all.

Leaves the headphone socket easily accessible, but could do with a hole in the spine to allow charging lead to be used when case closed, you have to modify it yourself if you want that. If you do mod it I'd recommend trimming the plastic holding frame to allow the charge port cover to lay flat against the side of the phone with the case closed.

Only book case style cover for the defy (plus) that I could find anywhere for those who don't want flip cover.

Egg Perfect Colour Changing Egg Timer
Egg Perfect Colour Changing Egg Timer
Offered by worldofbargain888

1.0 out of 5 stars Kitchen smells of plastic when this is used., 19 Feb. 2010
If the smell is anything to go by, what is happening in the pan?

Having used it quite a few times to give it the benefit of the doubt, thinking maybe the smell will wear off, I just can't use it any more.
The smell is still as strong as when first used, and the thought of what is going into the water/egg when this is used really puts me off eating the eggs anyway.

It's a good idea, but a tough glass version that didn't stink would be better.