Profile for elaine > Reviews

Across Eternity
Across Eternity
Price: 1.02

4.0 out of 5 stars Strange but ..., 24 Feb 2014
This review is from: Across Eternity (Kindle Edition)
I read this book over a period of a few days and I really enjoyed the beginning... poor girl / meets rich guy, they fall in love etc etc.
Very easy to read and enjoy but it got a bit strange towards the end and a wee bit repetitive.
I did enjoy it , very easy to read but not sure about the ending still not 100% sure about where is was going/ where it ended up.

I would certainly read other books by this author-- as I said enjoyable, easy to read but a bit strange.

Almost Perfect (Perfect Trilogy Book 1)
Almost Perfect (Perfect Trilogy Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read!, 6 Oct 2013
As a kindle download-- this was easy to read, put it down and then pick it up again, without losing the thread of the story line. The characters were quite likable and quite well rounded.
A wee bit predictable but an enjoyable & easy read-not many books give me the push to check out other works by an author but with this one I just might.
We'll see!

elaine

Almost Paradise
Almost Paradise
Price: 1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Dont say it again!!!!!!, 5 Oct 2013
This review is from: Almost Paradise (Kindle Edition)
As always, a holiday read.

This was not to bad as romantic escapism goes- it was not to badly written and quite enjoyable.
The story is typical ( aren't they all -though!)It was very easy to read and you could 2nd guess the plot but then
all books of this genre are like this.
The characters were quite likable and easy to "get along" with although I would have been more enjoyable if she had to "see off " another women after Max's affections- not just a dead wife who he hated anyway.

The one thing that I really hated was him constantly referring to her as "sweetheart"-- it drove my mad.
Would I read other books by this author-- yes, most probably!

All I Want for Christmas is You (Book 1 Fate with a Helping Hand Holiday Romance)

4.0 out of 5 stars So predicatable!!, 27 Sep 2013
Another holiday read for me and it was so, so predictable but that what I expected when I downloaded it.
It was a typical Mills and Boons type book but really enjoyable and so easy to read- just what you want on holiday or when you have a
spare couple of hours.
It was a few hours of escapism and doesn't require to much brain power to get into it and the characters were quite likable.
As it was a free download, I was very happy to read it and it will probably encourage me to have a look at other titles by this writer.
Very nice easy read -worth a look.

Agatha Raisin: Hell's Bells (A Short Story)
Agatha Raisin: Hell's Bells (A Short Story)

3.0 out of 5 stars ist time reader of this author, 27 Sep 2013
As a 1st time reader of this authors work - I really wasn't sure what to expect.

It was only a few pages long, quick to read and fairly well written.
I don't know if it would encourage me to buy anything else from this writer and it wasn't long enough or in depth enough to form a proper opinion
of their work.
May consider having a look at other works but at the moment not convinced.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 22, 2013 10:58 PM BST

Any Red-Blooded Girl (The Flora Fontain Files Book 1)
Any Red-Blooded Girl (The Flora Fontain Files Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars Glad it was free, 27 Sep 2013
This is one book I glad I didn't pay for --not for aults in my opinion/ like a book for a teenager, silly, unbelievable and highly unlikely storyline!
Although not to badly written it really wasn't for me at all-- but I don't like giving up with any book regardless of how much I dislike it and so forced myself to finish it - like I've done previously with numerous books and I can honestly say , I wished I hadn't.
Im sure a lot of people will love it -- just not for me. Sorry!!

The Arab Season
The Arab Season

4.0 out of 5 stars Strange but interesting!!, 27 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Arab Season (Kindle Edition)
Downloaded this to read on holiday and I must admit I found it quite difficult to get into it to begin with but the more I read the more interesting it became!
It was a strange book, as in, it seems to show the difficulties in trying to straddle 2 cultures and the consequences of doing so, but it still seemed a bit lightweight.
The situations seemed way to be too easy for (most) of the characters to resolve- ie just slipping straight back into their old lifes/family/religous culture with no obvious hardship caused.
I thought the book provided an interesting insight into another lifestyle/culture that I was aware of in principle but have no 1st hand experience of.
A good read although I felt it could have been a bit more in-depth.
Easy to read and pretty enjoyable-although a bit predicatable.
Worth a read!

The Accident at 13th and Jefferson - Book 1 Only
The Accident at 13th and Jefferson - Book 1 Only

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy Read, 27 Sep 2013
Got this as a free download to read on holiday and it was ok.
Very easy to read although a bit predicable- i'm not sure if I would read others in the series if I had to buy them.
It was a good length for a beach book- it didn't drag on/ get into to much irrelevant detail.
Not a bad book - just not the best.

Liverpool FC Official Product Business Card Holder Presentation Boxed New
Liverpool FC Official Product Business Card Holder Presentation Boxed New

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent quality, 18 Sep 2013
well worth the price - delighted with this product.
Bought as a gift for a friend - he was very happy.
would buy from the company again- product exceeded expectations.

Excellent delivery- first class service.

LED clip on reading light book, kindle,PDA. includes batteries
LED clip on reading light book, kindle,PDA. includes batteries
Offered by TheBigShip
Price: 4.49

2.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for !!, 11 Aug 2013
I order this to use with my kindle as it doesn't have an integrated light and was quite disappointed with it.
It was cheap to buy and cheap looking- which wouldn't have bothered me much but the clip for the attaching it to the kindle is very slack/doesn't seem fit for purpose and doesn't attach securely to any part of my kindle and the light quality is quite poor/ not very bright as if the bulb is going conk out.
Quite disappointed with the overall quality of the product but as I said it was very cheap.

On a plus side the delivery service was excellent- advised that it would be delivered within a certain timescale and it was delivered earlier than anticipated and I received emails/txt etc advising of delivery progress. - excellent!!