Profile for Adam Kemp > Reviews

Content by Adam Kemp

Adam Kemp (Essex, England)

D&G DJ0914 'Proud' Gents' Ring Size T
D&G DJ0914 'Proud' Gents' Ring Size T
Price: 65.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Great until it breaks..., 14 May 2013
I purchased from Amazon in a sale, think it was 25. Ring turned up and I was very happy, looked the part and felt well built but after a while (few months I suppose) the front panel fell off in the shower. Turns out the 'screws' are for show, the silver is glued onto the black ring. Shame but as such I returned for a refund rather than a replacement.

Panasonic KX-MB2010 (A4) Multifunction Mono Laser Printer (Print/Copy/Scan/Network) Base Model 24ppm (M) 250 Sheets ADF

4.0 out of 5 stars Tricky firewall setup, 20 Jun 2012
I am an IT technician so worked this out myself as the Panasonic literature is appalling as is the support offered on their UK and US site.

First you must setup a static IP. To do this I logged into my router, accessed the LAN page and clicked the printer. I then had the option to select 'always use this IP'. Next I entered the IP of the printer into my web browser to access the setup page. Click Network configuration and enter the default login details below, then select LAN Feature and disable DHCP and Auto IP. In the IP Address box make sure the IP address you setup in the router is entered, click Submit. You should now be set to static IP.

The default online login details were hard to find!
User: root
Password: 1234

To add an exception in the Windows 7 firewall to allow scan over network feature you must:

Open the Start menu

Type 'Windows firewall with advanced security' into the search box

When the result is displayed click on it

In the left pane click Inbound rules

On the right pane click New Rule

Select Custom and click next

Select All Programs and click next

Leave the next box with 'Any' selected, click next

Under 'which remote IP addresses does this rule apply to' tick the 'These IP addresses option' and click Add, in the top box enter the IP address you have set up for the device and click OK then click Next

Select 'Allow the connection' and click next

Here I would advise unchecking the public box but this is up to you, click next

Enter some meaningful details.

You should now have a working scan over network feature! I hope this guide helped some people, it took a little while to work out.

--UPDATE--
After reformatting my PC I could not get network scanning to function reliably when scanning Doc to PDF even following my instructions which had worked before. Ended up disabling Windows Firewall and installing ZoneAlarm Free Firewall which is a much better product and now it works perfectly.

G-Skill 8GB Ripjaws X DDR3 1333 Dual Kit - Red
G-Skill 8GB Ripjaws X DDR3 1333 Dual Kit - Red
Price: 64.99

5.0 out of 5 stars 7dayshop buyers, 29 Feb 2012
Bought this from 7dayshop via. Amazon. The product I received was actually F3-10666CL9S-4GBRL x 2 rather than F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL. At first I was worried the product was slightly different (I already have F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL in my system so wanted to have the same).

After research the only difference between CL9S and CL9D is the fact the 'S' means it was shipped as a single module, the 'D' means it was shipped as a double module. Both sticks are identical and support dual channel so there are no compatibility issues.

DKNY NY1313 Gents Digital Watch, Black Dial & Rubber Strap with Red Detail on Case

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch but a bit lacking, 22 Dec 2007
Well for less than 40 you can't complain but I don't see how a watch like this with a RRP of 115 doesn't have a backlight! Makes it useless if you are in a dark room.

Other than the problem above it looks very nice, solidly built and high quality. Has a 12 hour clock only, and a date/month feature.

To be honest I expected a backlight at least and maybe even a stopwatch function but sadly it is a straight forward watch with no extra benefits.

Sony DSC-N2 Digital Camera (10.1MP, 3x Optical Zoom) 3.0" LCD
Sony DSC-N2 Digital Camera (10.1MP, 3x Optical Zoom) 3.0" LCD

4.0 out of 5 stars Nothings perfect..., 11 April 2007
Let me open by saying this camera is an extremely good buy and I would recommend it to anyone! I just upgraded from its predecessor (the DSC-N1) which was also fantastic!

This camera is good for amateurs through to professionals. Its size provides simple portability and its weight is a perfect complement yet the list of features is huge. The camera is solidly built and just has a feel of quality about it, the 3'' crystal clear touch screen is revolutionary as it saves the need for masses of buttons and switches which maintains the attractiveness.

Features of interest include a higher ISO setting than the DSC-N1 which allows up to 1600 for very dark conditions. I have been making great use of the long exposure settings to capture stunning pictures in the dark or just to produce a very abstract piece of art. As expected there is the option of a forced flash, no flash, or auto flash, however there is a slow synchro too. Whereas amateurs may be better sticking to the auto function or the range of pre-programmed settings for events such as fireworks, beaches, or twilights there is also a fully manual, program, or high sensitivity function for the intermediate to professional photographer. This provides the user with extremely versatile equipment which rivals the abilities of a digital SLR.

The Carl Zeiss lens paired with a 10.1MP resolution awards the user with a masterpiece time after time. There is an option to use a lower resolution, take a photo for an email or even take a 16:9 image for use with a HDTV. An additional benefit of this is it can save memory as the picture takes up less space on the pro duo card.

A surprising extra to this superb camera is the video recording function. Most cameras predominately focus on high quality of images and then add a video option. Sony seems to have focused on not only their quality of images but on their video too. Obviously this is no match for a camcorder but I am sure you will be amazed at the quality such a compact manages to deliver when it comes to recording videos with sound.

I feel the pros outweigh the cons by a mile but I have highlighted the main points so you can decide for yourself.

Cons:

Pictures can be grainy when using higher ISO settings

Processing time on long exposures is lengthy

Small internal memory

Could incorporate a higher optical zoom

Camera must be steady during shots with no flash

Pros:

Battery life

Portability

Touch screen

Overall quality of pictures

Extensive features

Price

Video quality surprising for a digital camera

I recommend you accompany this product with at least a 1GB Sony pro duo memory card, a screen protector, and a carry case. I also bought a spare battery for when I go out on lengthy trips just in case.

Conclusion - Sony have produced a perfect camera for taking out for the night, taking on holiday, or even getting professional shots. The price is very reasonable with the sheer quality you are getting for it. Everything has a downside so I give this camera 4.5/5.