Profile for Graham > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
The One That Got Away - My Life Living with Fred and Rose West
The One That Got Away - My Life Living with Fred and Rose West

1.0 out of 5 stars Badly written tosh, 7 April 2013
Self satisfying. Self justifying rubbish.
yes she went through a terrible ordeal but she does not come across as a very nice person anyway.
I feel sorry for her kids
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 23, 2013 10:47 AM BST

The Islamic Republic of Dewsbury
The Islamic Republic of Dewsbury

5.0 out of 5 stars A sad but enlightening account, 10 Jan. 2012
A book about my home town. What an apt comment "I'm from near----" rather than utter the words "DEWSBURY"
I can see exactly where the author is comming from. He opened my eyes to aspects of money, drugs and religious morals that I had not really thought about.
I left in '88 but still go back on a regular basis even though my family live in the out of town white enclaves, I still have friends who can't afford to move out.
I wrote several years ago to the Dewsbury Reporter highlighting my thoughts about the sad demise of the town. My letter was 'edited' and my details printed, as a result I was subjected to vile racist mail.
Many of the people mentioned in the book are known to me, some of them asian, some police personel. I could vouch for their 'brush it under the carpet attitudes' that Danny lists.
It's such a sad enditment of our times that this book portays and lets hope Danny does not get treated like a 2012 Salmon Rushdie or worse still in a weighted bag in the River Calder. No hope of police protection not even a PCSO on a bicycle!

Well done for writing the book, it has really made me appreciate where I live now.

I'm in Heaven
I'm in Heaven

5.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoyed this book. Different to TR' s usual stuff., 16 Nov. 2011
This review is from: I'm in Heaven (Kindle Edition)
An interesting concept. Subtley funny, sharp and totally not pc!
Certainly worth the money. Can't say too much or it will spoil the story line.
I've read all of TR's books and they are all different and amusing in their own way, but, this one is less farce and more realistic but who am I to say as I have not been to heaven or hell and back!
Thanks Terry and I'm looking forward to your next offering. x

My Life: A Coach Trip Adventure
My Life: A Coach Trip Adventure

5.0 out of 5 stars A touching and funny read, 17 Oct. 2011
As a fan of the show it was really entertaining. Even more so when I relised where he came from as I remember all the places in Leeds he talks about and Im sure he sold me sweets in Dewsbury bus station!
A touching account of his life , loves and loses.
A good all round read.

May I Have Your Attention Please?
May I Have Your Attention Please?

1.0 out of 5 stars I've deleted it already!, 16 Oct. 2011
A perfect example of why there should be a NO STAR rating available.
Uninteresting, unfunny. A good example of one of these new breed 'celebs' who have got their heads so far up their own backsides.
Poorly written, obviously rushed trivial drivel~a complete turn off!

The Decision
The Decision

1.0 out of 5 stars Big yawn!, 16 Oct. 2011
This review is from: The Decision (Kindle Edition)
As like many other readers I pre ordered this book. I don't know why I bothered, as my husband reminded me that although I have read most of PV novels, I'm always disappointed with the end.
This book was tedious, unbelievable drivel. The main characters were shallow and the plot predictable. The child was dislikable even before she was born~a spoilt brat~just like the mother and as for the gymkana chapter~well that was just something else!
Like another reviewer said 'same old, same old' A really boring read which was not worth the money downloading, if I had bought the hard copy at least I could have chucked it on the fire!

DATING MY VIBRATOR (and other true fiction)
DATING MY VIBRATOR (and other true fiction)

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute rubbish!, 16 Oct. 2011
I haven't read such drivel for a long time. Americanised trash. Wast of money and time reading it. Found it hard to find any humour in it.

Captain's Day: A Golf Causerie
Captain's Day: A Golf Causerie

4.0 out of 5 stars Terry must have been to my golf club!, 16 Oct. 2011
I could identify all of Terrys characters from my golf club.Better not say which club I belong to! It was a funny read, which my husband also a golfer read, whilst on holiday. It got a bit silly towads the end but a good titter all the same.

Inflatable Hugh: The lowdown on a lowlife Member of Parliament.
Inflatable Hugh: The lowdown on a lowlife Member of Parliament.

5.0 out of 5 stars hysterical!, 16 Oct. 2011
my hsband and i read it at the same time whilst on holiday. we could not stop laughing, it was great.

Dear Air 2000: A Customer Relations Nightmare
Dear Air 2000: A Customer Relations Nightmare

4.0 out of 5 stars a good titter!, 16 Oct. 2011
an easy read. i read it on holiday along with some of the authors other books. the best so far is inflatable hugh~which is hyserical, laugh out loud stuff

Page: 1 | 2