Profile for P. Tate > Reviews

Content by P. Tate

P. Tate "Spud" (Corfe Castle)

The Magic Christmas Tree
The Magic Christmas Tree
by Mark Mayall

5.0 out of 5 stars A gripping little tale, 26 Nov. 2014
I read this wonderful little story to my two grandchildren, age 4&5, a couple of chapters a night. They were enthralled and for once could not wait to go to bed. . Highly recommended thought there are a few small typos.

AURAGLOW 6w LED GU10 Light Bulb, Daylight (Full Spectrum) 50w Equivalent
AURAGLOW 6w LED GU10 Light Bulb, Daylight (Full Spectrum) 50w Equivalent

5.0 out of 5 stars Auraglow led bulb, 12 Nov. 2013
This is a curious looking bulb but it really delivers on performance. The light is genuinely daylight and my wife, who is an artist,is delighted. This bulb converted a relatively cheap angle poise like lamp into a really good product. Let's hope it lasts as promised. Lloytron L946CH Hobby Desk Lamp, Chrome

Dunlop Tour Golf Stand Bag Black/Blue -
Dunlop Tour Golf Stand Bag Black/Blue -

4.0 out of 5 stars tour bag, 21 April 2013
Seems excellent value but does fall over more than my last one. It is however very light with lots of good pockets.

Lenovo IdeaPad Z500 15.6-inch Touchscreen Laptop (Dark Chocolate) - (Intel Core i7 3630QM 2.4GHz Processor, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, DVDRW, LAN, WLAN, BT, Webcam, Nvidia Graphics, Windows 8)

5.0 out of 5 stars Idea Pad Z500 with touchscreen, 21 April 2013
This is a lovely piece of kit. I have only had it three days but it is far better than I could have imagined at the very reasonable price point I found it at. (£799, it has since gone up) I must however point out the last laptop I bought was in 2001, and I do not own a tablet but do have an I phone. I was warned that I would find windows 8 a problem, well so far I dont, it's brilliant and far more intuitive than usually given credit for, and this is from someone already of pensionable age. The touch screen is an absolute joy, not every gesture works but most do and the windows 8 tips app helps with the rest. The keyboard is accurate and has a good feel, it is solid and could not be described as light weight but is is slim and well designed. I am a dinosaur so am pleased it has a disc drive unlike my wife's MAC. I will let you know if I run into problems but at present I would strongly recommend this laptop.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 26, 2013 10:46 AM BST

Reverse Theory
Reverse Theory
by Christopher Ball

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing, 28 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Reverse Theory (Paperback)
My son bought me the book as Christmas present, knowing my interest in anything that makes you look at the world we live in with a fresh inquiring viewpoint. This book sadly is not in this category. It is frankly just silly, a half developed theory pursued past the point of obsession with no valid scientific underpinning at all. Please don't waste your money.
Peter T
Comment Comments (14) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 27, 2014 1:20 PM GMT

TeckNet® MT-095 3.5mm Universal FM Transmitter With Build in Rechargeable Battery + 2.1A Multi Car Charger - Black
Offered by Hippidion.Store

5.0 out of 5 stars good little product, 4 Oct. 2011
this is a very reasonably priced gadget that performs well. The underlying methodology means that there will be interference on long journeys but it was much less on this one than with my old i-pod version.

Live In London
Live In London
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars He just gets better, 29 April 2009
This review is from: Live In London (Audio CD)
A wonderfully well recorded album that captures the emotion and the warmth of the evening. This was a lifetime peak for a man who 15 years ago
aged 60 "was just a kid with a crazy dream".