Profile for mecanopsis > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Panasonic KX-TGA641ET Additional DECT Handset for KX-TG641 Range
Panasonic KX-TGA641ET Additional DECT Handset for KX-TG641 Range

2.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable, 16 Sep 2011
The unit no longer works and the screen has gone completely dead just over a year after purchase. Very disappointing in view of the high reputation of Panasonic in general, and the supplier has refused to consider replacement.

PLANT SUPPORT FRAME 10 INCH - 3 PACK
PLANT SUPPORT FRAME 10 INCH - 3 PACK

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but effective, 30 May 2011
These frames are very effective and because of their colour are almost invisible in use. The split outside ring can be clipped or unclipped as needed to hold all the stems. Overall it's a simple idea that works very well, I'll probably but some more.

Samsung E1150 Mobile Phone (Cobble Black)
Samsung E1150 Mobile Phone (Cobble Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very neat !, 11 April 2011
If you simply want to phone and text, this little phone has to be a very good buy. I love it, which is not something I could say about other phones I've tried. When texting you have to get used to the small letters, and if you use reading glasses you need to wear them.

Acctim Stratus radio controlled wall clock with large LCD display showing tim...
Offered by The Friendly Lifestyle Store

3.0 out of 5 stars Not reliable, 4 Oct 2010
A nice-looking clock. Mine was fine for about three years, but now (although it picks up the radio-control signal) it is often several hours wrong. So I won't be buying another one.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 24, 2010 6:11 PM BST

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars What a surprise !, 19 July 2009
I never thought I would get enthusiastic about my socks, but these are very comfortable and excellent value. Give them a try !

Garmin Nuvi 200 Satellite Navigation System - UK (Newly Overhauled) (discontinued by manufacturer)

2.0 out of 5 stars Good value, but......., 15 July 2009
...but not recommended. It's very slow to pick up the satellites and easily loses them. The mapping is not very accurate, I enter my post-code and house number correctly, and the device tries to send me to a street only 100 meters away but which is accessed by a half kilometer detour. I would give this unit a miss, do some research and expect to pay rather more.

LINDY USB 2.0 Audio Adapter
LINDY USB 2.0 Audio Adapter
Offered by SilvercrestEnergy

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure about this one, 14 July 2008
A neat unit, but despite trying a different driver and tweaking all the volume controls I could find, I failed to get this unit working satisfactorily. Maybe I was just unlucky, but with Windows XP I could not get my microphone working, and the sound volume remained low. The sound and mike work OK in a different set-up, so this leaves me with a question mark over the USB adapter.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 30, 2014 6:42 PM BST

IOLO System Mechanic 7 (Standard Edition) (PC)
IOLO System Mechanic 7 (Standard Edition) (PC)

1.0 out of 5 stars Better Avoid......, 10 April 2007
I have used System Mechanic and although it appeared to work well, it caused the PC to run slower and slower. In desperation I ran a rootkit scanner and discovered a hidden file that IOLO had installed. After removal, the computer ran at normal speed, so I uninstalled System Mechanic and everything has been fine. I'm not saying you will necessarily have problems, evidently some users don't, but certainly there can be problems and I would never recommend this product.

The Cook's Pocket Bible: Every Culinary Rule of Thumb at Your Fingertips
The Cook's Pocket Bible: Every Culinary Rule of Thumb at Your Fingertips
by Roni Jay

3.0 out of 5 stars Stuffed with facts, 2 Mar 2007
A useful book, but not totally reliable - for example, on page four it says that a pint of water weighs a pound and three quarters: it doesn't, it weighs a pound and a quarter.

Salter 9030  Bathroom Scales
Salter 9030 Bathroom Scales

5.0 out of 5 stars A good choice, 8 Aug 2006
The Salter 9030 shows your weight in stones, pounds or kilogrammes, as selected by a small sliding switch underneath. It doesn't do anything else, so it's a good choice for a basic electronic machine. The display is excellent, being large and clear.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3