Profile for G > Reviews

Content by G

G

MoKo Lenovo MIIX 2 8 Case - Ultra Slim Lightweight Smart-shell Stand Case for Lenovo MIIX 2 8 " Inch Windows 8.1 Android Tablet, PURPLE

Elegance in the Age of Crisis: Fashions of the 1930s
Elegance in the Age of Crisis: Fashions of the 1930s
by Patricia Mears

5.0 out of 5 stars Elegance in an Age of Crisis, 8 May 2014
An interesting and informative book, profusely illustrated with colour photographs from the exhibition at the museum of FIT in New York.

Highly recommended.

Warmawear Battery Heated Hand Warming Ski Gloves for Touchscreen Devices Small/Medium
Offered by Primrose

3.0 out of 5 stars Heated Gloves, 30 Nov. 2013
To be honest I was a little disappointed in these.
First of all I've had to use surgical tape to strap the connection into the battery box, as every time I flexed my wrist (I brought them for cycling) the connection moved and the light went out!
Secondly, they don't seem as warm as I would have hoped. Maybe I need to switch them on a bit sooner before leaving the house.
However, they are much better than a previous pair, which only had the element in the palm of the hand and you couldn't switch them off unless you removed the battery.
Hot Rox hand warmers are a good alternative, but you need to wear mittens!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 1, 2013 3:56 PM GMT

Chaussettes Chauffantes Warmawear
Chaussettes Chauffantes Warmawear

5.0 out of 5 stars Heated Socks, 30 Nov. 2013
I brought these to cycle to work in when the weather gets really cold.
They are a bit fiddly with the battery box being strapped around the leg, but I can't seen how else you could design them.
They have 3 heat settings and I've only used the middle one so far.
Definitely haven't had numb feet when I've been wearing them!

Philips Wake-Up Light Alarm Clock HF3510/01 with Sunrise Simulation - 3 Sounds and Radio Function

4.0 out of 5 stars Philips Wake-Up Light Alarm, 30 Nov. 2013
I've been using the item for about 3 weeks now and have had no problems so far.
It's of a sturdy design and larger than I expected.
It has a good variety of settings for light intensity, volume, etc. I was surprised how high quality the radio is.
I haven't used the birdsong to wake to, as I was worried it may not wake me up! Might try it in the Summer when there is natural light.
I like the snooze light, which gradually dims for you to go to sleep.
Not sure whether I wake up more refreshed!
The only thing I find awkward is the buttons along the rim. They are discreet and I'm often pressing the wrong one ie turning radio up, instead of off!
I would still recommend product.

Kindle Touch, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Touch Screen Display
Kindle Touch, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Touch Screen Display

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Touch, 30 Aug. 2012
Initially apprehensive about purchasing a Kindle, didn't know if I would like reading from a screen. However, it was really easy to get used to and very different from reading on an iPad.

Controls and functions easy to use.

Big advantage is being able to start another book and not wait to go to the local library!

Haven't needed to recharge battery yet.

It passes the 'sunlight' test with flying colours!

Nokia C5-03 lime green sim-free, unbranded
Nokia C5-03 lime green sim-free, unbranded

4.0 out of 5 stars Nokia C5-03, 13 Oct. 2011
Phone easy to use and set up email, etc.
Compact and light. Camera seems very good for a phone.
Didn't realise it was coming from Spain, so took nearly 3 weeks to arrive. Also, information books in Spanish so had to download user guide from internet.
Charger was continental 2-pin type, so had to buy charger.
Haven't tried GPS navigation yet.
Good value for a smartphone.

Apple IPhone Black 8GB Unlocked Sim Free Mobile Phone
Apple IPhone Black 8GB Unlocked Sim Free Mobile Phone

3.0 out of 5 stars iphone £g, 4 Oct. 2010
Great fun to use.
Texting a bit fiddly with portrait keyboard. Have tried to download landscape app with little success.
Camera not that brilliant, but I'm umlikely to use it for that purpose.
Battery life doesn't seem that good - seems to rundown very quickly even if you're not using wi-fi.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 10, 2010 4:16 PM GMT