Profile for Neptune > Reviews

Quick and Easy Paint Transformations
Quick and Easy Paint Transformations
by Annie Sloan

4.0 out of 5 stars new hobby, 26 Aug 2013
This book is just what I expected. How to adapt your furniture into Shappy Chique and Old -French style. It gave me help to dare to start using the Annie Sloan painting techniques. Some of her ideas are quite weird though and many of them I thought didn't do any favours to the furniture she was renovating.

The Fast Diet Recipe Book: 150 Delicious, Calorie-controlled Meals to Make Your Fasting Days Easy
by Mimi Spencer

5.0 out of 5 stars tasty and fun on fasting days, 12 July 2013
Many really lovely easy dishes with many extraordinary (for me) ingredients which helped to make my fasting days more fun!!

The Second Bridegroom
The Second Bridegroom
by Rodney Hall

4.0 out of 5 stars Australian epic, 12 July 2013
This review is from: The Second Bridegroom (Paperback)
I read this while on my first trip to Oz. It really helped to give an historical perspective and gave me an enlightened perspective of the link between the lives of the Aboriginal people and those of the convicts and land owners.

Britains 40960 1:32 Scale Friesian Calves
Britains 40960 1:32 Scale Friesian Calves

5.0 out of 5 stars 6 calves, 17 April 2012
My 4 year old grandson enjoys his calves and the other animals I purchased for his farm. He now wants to be a farm doctor!

BRUSHWOOD TOY FARM BT2072 SCALEXTRIC GRASS FIELD
BRUSHWOOD TOY FARM BT2072 SCALEXTRIC GRASS FIELD
Offered by Farm Toys Online

1.0 out of 5 stars silage green field, 6 Mar 2012
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
Very disappointing. I bought the field for my grandson's fourth birthday but when I opened it, it shed all over the kitchen floor. I couldn't let my daughter have to deal with this! I was also disappointed that the green wasn't "grass green" and that the instructions suggested it should be adhered to a stiff card backing. I was sure that a plain field would be a superior and more imaginative addition to the Brushwood farm but I have had to resort to a farm play mat with pond, paths and kitchen garden. This doesn't shed and provides a firm base which can be rolled up and put away.

Britains 40952 - Farm Fencing
Britains 40952 - Farm Fencing
Offered by The Global Trader

3.0 out of 5 stars overpriced but well received, 6 Mar 2012
I bought many Britains animals and this fence for my grandson's fourth birthday. He was delighted and started to play with them immediately. He loved the fence but was frustrated that it only made a small pen. It also looks as though the fixing wont last long. However he asked me to purchase another pack, so I have!