Profile for John Sherry > Reviews

Content by John Sherry

John Sherry "Creator of The 100% YOU! Coaching" (United Kingdom)

Morphy Richards Accents 43770 Pyramid Kettle, Blue
Morphy Richards Accents 43770 Pyramid Kettle, Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Brewing Pleasure, 29 Mar 2011
To some a kettle is just a kettle but to those of us who love a good brew up, a kettle is an important part of the kit. This Morphy Richards Kettle is one fine piece of engineering as it has a sturdy base, big chunky handle that is very hard to drop with a non-slip feel, good pouring spout so there's little drippage, and a clear water gauge to show the level of water you've put in complete with minimum and maximum levels. Added to that is the sleek blue design, strong flick on switch (which has automatic cut off when boiled) and clear red 'on' light at the base to show it's started heating. Heating itself is quick and efficient and it produces hot, steamy water that seems to make all beverages taste better. Not only do I love my kettle and find tea a pleasure not a chore now, but two other friends have commented on it, one of which got one for Christmas!! And they love it too now. If you want to upgrade your tea or coffee making experience then this is the kettle for you.

The Magic of Thinking Big
The Magic of Thinking Big
by David J. Schwartz

5.0 out of 5 stars Big is simply awesome!, 20 Mar 2011
A qulaity book chocced full of simple ideas and well thought out practices anyone anywhere can implement. All backed up by real stories and examples on how to make things big, Big, BIGGER, in your life. The book has a real good vibe and you feel highly inspired and motivated when picking it up and even days later in your head. If you want to be inspired to believe and act big, this simple book can make a massive difference. Beats the pants off some of the so called recent classics I can tell you!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 20, 2012 8:52 AM GMT

The Source: A Manual of Everyday Magic
The Source: A Manual of Everyday Magic
by Professor Ursula James

5.0 out of 5 stars Magic without the wand, 7 Mar 2011
I must confess that seeing a book with the word 'magic' on the front page conjoured up thoughts of wands, Harry Potter, and pulling rabbits out of a hat. How wrong I was!!

This book is a different type of magic - the sort that begins to weave it's way into your life as it weaves it's own power. Through simple ritual based exercises to activate your own magic Ursula James has given the reader access to the energies that shift lives and not one needs an eye of a bat or cauldrons. It's everyday magic welcomed into your life - just as the title promises. It works too! After doing the very first ritual some magical changes happened to and for me shifting situations that had been stuck for ages seemingly with no solution or change. All in two days. And this still continues now...

What makes the book even more prophetic is the background true story of Ursula's own life told with utmost candidness through her journey from corporate work and her false identity of who she really was to the desire for suicide and the re-emergence of magic courtesy of a long held connection with Mother Shipton. It's a poignant often tear jerking story much of which we could all identify with (which makes it a great read as she really does identify with us the reader and what we maybe going through). Using the magic in her own life transformed it and I'm sure others will experience the same. She brings a human side to a spiritual book and blends them magnificently for me.

In all honesty it was a book I was glued to as soon as I picked it up and it has very much left its mark on my mind and in my life. I can say for certain that magic DOES happen. Thank you Ursula so very much!!

Get the Life You Love
Get the Life You Love
by Arvind Devalia

5.0 out of 5 stars Get a Book you will Love by reading this, 20 Aug 2009
This review is from: Get the Life You Love (Paperback)
Get the Life you Love and Live it is a superb book by Arvind Devalia. From the bright cover full of zest to the Words of Inspiration at the end it is packed full of simple ways to be happy. Arvind doesn't hold back writing reams and reams of pages on and around the same tip like many writers do. He gives lots and lots of practical, workable insights into creating your dream life page after page. I felt, at times, that I was getting far more than I had paid for. It's generous stuff and it came across how much he really cares.

And that's it! He clearly wants you to have the life YOU want not anyone else including himself. Using 25 action steps he takes you through all the main areas of life that trip us up and offers points to focus on and questions to ask yourself so that you are sure and positive about what you want. By adding real examples from his life he actively comes across as an everyday yet wise person rather than many an author who elevates themselves above the reader in mind and knowledge. Not Arvind, he is one of us and I urge anyone and everyone looking for a better life and an entertaining read to buy this book. I hope he more in the pipeline!