ARRAY(0xad0468dc)

Rumpole of the Bailey The Complete Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Leo McKern
Price: 15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff, 25 Oct 2013
My wife and I have enjoyed revisiting the Old Bailey with Rumpole. The series may have started 35 years ago and finished its run over 20 year's since but it's still a good watch. We are now on our second time round the DVDs!!

Shipton and Tilman
Shipton and Tilman
by Jim Perrin
Price: 16.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent review of the partnership between tese two in the Thirties., 25 Oct 2013
This review is from: Shipton and Tilman (Hardcover)
As an aficionado of mountaineering before the age of mobile phones on the top of Everest, I enjoyed this retelling of the Shipton and Tilman story. As usual Jim Perrin gives us an in depth analysis of what made these two men tick - he has the advantage of having known Tilman in his later years in Wales. I particularly enjoy Perrin's extended footnotes.

A must for any serious student of pre-war Himalayan expeditioning.

Bradford City on This Day: History, Facts and Figures from Every Day of the Year
by David Markham
Price: 9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good nostalgic read., 25 Oct 2013
This is more of a pick up and read a bit at a time sort of book. So far I've read it a month at a time and am busy trying to recall which of the matches I attended. Many I did, some I'm not so sure.

Bantams Over Wembley: Bradford City's Miracle Season
Bantams Over Wembley: Bradford City's Miracle Season
by Gary Jones
Price: 9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice summary of an unforgettable year, 25 Oct 2013
I enjoyed the book very much as it brought back many memories of the 2012-13 season - Wigan, Arsenal, Villa, 2 trips to Wembley .... Cannot see it having much appeal beyond the bounds of Bradford though.

Living with Jacko: From Touchline to Lifeline Alison and Peter Jackson
Living with Jacko: From Touchline to Lifeline Alison and Peter Jackson
by Harry Redknapp
Price: 12.23

3.0 out of 5 stars Too much Mrs Jackson, 25 Oct 2013
I enjoyed the bits about Jacko's career in football as a player and manager. Also it was interesting to a point to hear how a player's wife handles the ups & downs which are inevitable in such a career. However I felt that there was too much about Mrs Jackson's succession of jobs which were of no interest to me as a football fan. And like Jacko himself, I have so far been unable to read the diary which she kept while he was suffering from cancer.

So it's quite different from the normal footballer's autobiography. Still worth getting if like me you are a Jacko fan.

Bobby Campbell: They Don't Make Them Like Him Any More
Bobby Campbell: They Don't Make Them Like Him Any More
by Paul Firth

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book about a Bradford City legend, 4 Feb 2013
I enjoyed reading the book because I was a Bobby Campbell fan & am a Bradford City supporter of over 50 years. I think to get the most out of it, you need to know something about the Campbell legend.

Tech air 15.6 inch Laptop Case with Shoulder Strap and Optical USB 2 Button Mouse
Price: 12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems like a good buy, 4 Feb 2013
I only wanted this bag for transporting my new laptop between home & caravan. For that purpose it seems very suitable. Not sure how it ould stand up to being carried about all day if used for business purposes. From my point of view, a good value buy

adidas London 2012 Union Jack Logo Child's Baseball Cap
adidas London 2012 Union Jack Logo Child's Baseball Cap

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, 2 Aug 2012
Very pleased with my London 2012 baseball cap. Wore it to Old Trafford last week and will be wearing it in the Olympic Park on August 7th. Nice quality, comfortable.

BATH SEAL TAPE. Flexible permanent waterproof Foam Sealant Tape. Professional finish. 3.5m

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 21 Feb 2012
I was disappointed with this product. I had used a similar tape before , had no problem installing it so thought this would be the same. Unfortunately I found that it was too rigid to bend easily and ensure the tape was securely attached to both wall and bath edge. The result is mostly tape stuck to the wall and not to the bath and the gaps not very well covered. It also keeps peeling away and I'm constantly pressing it back down especially in the corners. I would only recommend this to someone who is a handyman, not someone uselsss at DIY like myself.

The Runes Of The Earth: The Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant (GOLLANCZ S.F.)
The Runes Of The Earth: The Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant (GOLLANCZ S.F.)
by Stephen Donaldson

5.0 out of 5 stars A great return, 9 July 2011
It must be twenty years since I last read the 'Chronicles of Thomas Covenant' by Stephen Donaldson. I was hooked by the whole story and couldn't wait to get the next in the series.

So when I picked up a copy of 'Fatal Revenant' in a remainder store I was fascinated to find I had missed the return of the saga and that Thomas Covenant, though long dead, had returned.

I soon found that 'Fatal Revenat' was the second in the new series so I obtained this copy of the first, 'The Runes of the Earth'. As I started reading, those twenty years disappeared and I was immediately swallowed up by the saga of The Land. All the old favourites are there - The Despiser or Lord Foul, Haruchai, the Stonedowners, Ranyhyn & Ramen, Elohim, Demondim, ur-viles, waynhim etc - all trying to help or stop Covenant's lover, Linden Avery from rescuing her son from the clutches of Lord Foul. Great stuff!

Ten years since Thomas Covenant died is three thousand years in The Land but not much has changed - no technology here, just wild magic! I found the storyline as riveting as ever and got through the 500 pages in a few days.

For those who've been here before, a great sequel. For those who haven't, best read the first and second chronicles first!