Profile for skaffy0 > Reviews

Content by skaffy0

skaffy0

Technika 26-229 26 -inch LCD 720 pixels 50 Hz TV With DVD Player
Technika 26-229 26 -inch LCD 720 pixels 50 Hz TV With DVD Player

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Combination TV with Excellent, Fast Customer Service., 2 Oct 2012
This is a superb combi television, with amazingly clear picture quality, which is perfect for keeping my teenagers happy. It looks smart and sleek and it really does look like a much more expensive model. We are very impressed - it was great value and the delivery was really fast.I can thoroughly recommend both this seller and product.

Style Solutions Rechargeable Cordless Ceramic Straighteners
Style Solutions Rechargeable Cordless Ceramic Straighteners
Offered by Bentham Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Superb Product, 27 Sep 2011
This has to be one of the best buys ever. I bought it for my daughter to use around town travelling to and from Uni. You plug in and charge and it keeps a useable heat to allow you to sort out your hair on the go. Would definitely recommend especially at the price i paid. Would have given 5 stars if it lasted longer.

French Kiss
French Kiss

5.0 out of 5 stars If you love this film you will love this cd, 27 Sep 2011
This review is from: French Kiss (Audio CD)
Wonderful collection of songs that transport you to France in a moment. If you love the film, you will absolutely love this cd Great!

Paoletti Zurich Lucerne Floral Chenille Jacquard Throw, Gold, 150 x 180 Cm
Paoletti Zurich Lucerne Floral Chenille Jacquard Throw, Gold, 150 x 180 Cm
Offered by Linens Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Heavy Quality Throw (with poor tasselling), 27 Sep 2011
I wish i could have given this throw 5 stars but the fringing/tasseling is very poor. It shreds relentlessly. The tasselling /frilling is made of hundreds of individual threads,bound and glued to create the overall effect. It looks great initially. You will be very pleased with the heavy weight, the feel of quality fabric and overall appearance of quality. The only problem is that within a few days, the threads start shredding and don't stop! Every day, you need to vacuum everywhere. I have given a better overall review for this item than the matching cushions because the cushions are far worse in shredding. They cover all your clothes, carpets and furniture! Its a great shame because it is absolutely lovely in every other way.

Helix Mini Alarm - Silver PS1070
Helix Mini Alarm - Silver PS1070

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow what a loud shrill alarm! Excellent!, 27 Sep 2011
Bought this for my daughter going to Uni in London. Its so loud, it rattled all the glasses in our house when we tried it! Our daughter has it with her always and it gives us all peace of mind. She has activated it accidentally a couple of times and it attracted everyone's attention and had people opening their home windows to see what the noise was. Truly, deafeningly amazing for such a low price. Thoroughly recommended!

EAR WAX REMOVER - Professional Ear Cleaning Tool (with EXTRA Silicon Tips For All The Family)

1.0 out of 5 stars You could suck on a straw harder than this item does, 27 Sep 2011
This product does not work at all. A total waste of money, and unable to return as you have to use it to try it. I would not recommend at all - do not waste your money.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice item - terrible packaging, 27 Sep 2011
This is an excellent pen set, supplied in what can only be described as the cheapest packaging ever. It was intended as a gift,and having limited time, we bought a wooden presentation box from a local jeweler so we could actually give it! Overall I would not buy this again.

Paoletti Zurich Floral Chenille Jacquard Tasselled Cushion Cover, Gold, 60 x 60 Cm

3.0 out of 5 stars Problems with the trim, 27 Sep 2011
The fabric quality is heavy and superb, but the item is let down with the tasselling. The tassels are made of hundreds of individual threads, bound, glued and tied to create the effect you can see. Initially i was thrilled at the look. However these tassels shed so prolifically ( as the glue releases quickly) that we have ended up cutting all the tassels off the cushions. Having bought the curtains, throw and several cushions, every day, there would be a sea of threads over the furniture and carpets, so that our vacuum actually clogged! Its a real shame as they look to be made of quality fabric. Overall a great product let down by a poor quality finish. I also have noticed since purchase, that this product is now available in many high street retailers so the exclusive look i wanted is not so much so now!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 29, 2014 8:23 AM BST

Fujifilm FinePix S2950HD Digital Camera - (14MP, 18x Optical Zoom) 3-inch LCD (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Camera, 27 Sep 2011
I bought this camera to upgrade from a basic Kodak point and shoot compact digital. I did a fair amount of research and chose this model for its great specifications and low price ( It out specs many others that cost much more). I took it on holiday to France immediately, with no product familiarity. It was no problem at all; it is supplied with the "lets get started" basic manual to get you going at once There is also an online more chunky version. For the absolute beginner like me, the auto mode is superb - really. This will make you look like a proper photographer - if my photos are anything to go by. What is truly impressive is the massive 18x digital and 18x manual zoom features. From a distance of several miles, I took a photo of Mont St Michel using this zoom feature and have a picture that could easily grace a guide book cover! The panoramic feature is superb and truly foolproof and gives amazing results. And i'm not experienced, so its the camera that's doing all the work! As for the manual modes - its all here too. This requires some time and practice, so I have enrolled at night school to learn. After my first session yesterday, where we learned and practised night photography - I can honesty say that my piccies were pretty much as good as the Nikon SLRs and other big makes ( the teacher said so). It will never match the full SLRs for all their abilities, but so far I cannot fault this camera. I am really happy with my purchase. As a further point of note - I purchased through Amazon using their guaranteed before 1pm next day service on the August Bank holiday weekend! I purchased at 17.22pm on the Friday, received an email from the dispatch team at 21.01pm. The camera arrived, superbly packaged by courier before 10am on the Saturday morning! This service is exceptional and worth the few extra pounds for peace of mind as to the retailer, and the knowledge you are prioritised. I would rate 5 stars for the camera and 5 stars to Amazon.