Profile for DiscoDiva > Reviews

There Is a Spiritual Solution to Every Problem
by Wayne W. Dyer
Price: 10.39

5.0 out of 5 stars A spiritual solution to all of life's problems., 6 Jan 2003
This is the first book I've ever read by Wayne Dyer and I have to say this my favourite of all the spiritual/self help books that I have read so far.
Basically the book is divided up into two sections the first section is based upon foundations for spiritually solving our problems which is used to make us aware of what is really going on in our lifes by listening to our intuitions and following them, instead of our head which is usually filled with the ego-consciousness of our selves; which leads to problems rather than solutions in our lives. Throughout this section various quotes/ideas of various sage's/saints/people are used to reinforce the messages to give the reader clearer meanings of what is being said. Alot of points are mentioned which are really useful though I found it quite beneficial for myself to write down certain points/quotes that will enable me to remember these ideas and apply them into my life.
The second section mainly deals with the prayer of Saint Francis of Assisi and about how we can go about applying the spiritual problem solving into action by the words used in this prayer. Again various quotes used from a variety of people are used to reinforce the ideas and they really empower the reader to literally solve their problems by identifying them as illusions created by the mind which forces the ego-consciousness into action leading to feelings of despair/sorrow/self-pity which usually results into a down hill spiral of self loathing/depression. This section especially equips the reader with a sense of empowerment that they can achieve anything if they set their minds to it, basically stating that we can improve our lives by being a peace, showing love/compassion, having faith, hope, light and joy therefore seeking a spiritual solution to our problems.