Profile for Queen Bee > Reviews

Content by Queen Bee

Queen Bee

Michel Thomas Foundation Course: Italian (2nd edition) (Michel Thomas Series)
Michel Thomas Foundation Course: Italian (2nd edition) (Michel Thomas Series)
by Michel Thomas
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy It!!!, 26 Jan. 2009
I thoroughly recommend this product. Right from the very first lesson you really feel like you're learning something. Great for students learning the language from scratch. I'm currently learning Italian at degree level from scratch. I've found that my course is too fast-paced for me so I purchased these CD's to help me. They really work!

I've been listening to each disc twice: the first time I just listen and the second time I try to answer Muchel's questions during the pauses. You need to listen to each CD a couple of times to get it all to sink in but it's definately worth doing.

I've been struggling for months trying to learn Italian and as soon as I bought Michel's course, it all clicked. I've just bought his Advanced Course as well.

Go and buy it if you want to learn Italian properly!

Italian Grammar Drills (Drills Series)
Italian Grammar Drills (Drills Series)
by Paola Nanni-Tate

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy It!!!, 3 Dec. 2008
I'm studying Italian at undergraduate level from scratch. I was struggling to keep up with what I was being taught and so I bought this book. It's really useful. Everything is clearly explained, there's lots of exercises to help you to practice what you have just learned and the answers to the exercises are in the back of the book. I'd recommend this book to anyone studying Italian academically or even if you just want to learn the language for fun.

What Does It All Mean?: A Very Short Introduction to Philosophy
What Does It All Mean?: A Very Short Introduction to Philosophy
by Thomas Nagel

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it!, 11 Sept. 2008
Just finished reading this book. I think it's great for beginners in philosophy as it isnt too complex. It's really easy to read and to understand where Nagel is coming from. He doesnt waffle on too much like some other philosophers. I'd recommend this book to people with no philosophical background, even teenagers as it isnt too academic. This book really gets you thinking about the issues raised in the book. Overall, it's an easy read and I'd thoroughly recommend it.

The Gig Bag Book of Scales for All Guitarists: 180 essential scales presented in standard notation and tablature
by Joe Dineen

5.0 out of 5 stars It's great!, 17 Nov. 2007
I bought this book a few weeks ago and I've hardly put it down since. I'm learning to play guitar and haven't really been motivated to practice much. Since I got this book Ive practiced loads. After practicing a few of the scales in the book, I've noticed that when playing something new for the first time, I'm a lot quicker.

This book has everything in it! It suits every guitar player too, from beginner to advanced.

Play Electric Guitar: From Beginner to Band in 3 Months [With CD]
Play Electric Guitar: From Beginner to Band in 3 Months [With CD]
by Terry Burrows
Edition: Spiral-bound

3.0 out of 5 stars it's ok, 17 Nov. 2007
I bought this book a few weeks ago and it's ok. I think it's a bit boring to be honest although the wall chart's great. I also like the fact that it's ringbound so it stays open when you're using it. Overall, the book hasn't motivated me to play guitar so I've just been sticking to learning from guitar magazines and a scale book.

AS In a Week: Psychology
AS In a Week: Psychology
by unknown

2.0 out of 5 stars its ok, I suppose, 19 Oct. 2007
I think it's a bit of a waste of money to be honest. I bought one last year when I was doing my AS levels. It's ok but personally, I'd rather have a more detailed revision guide. My advice would be to buy a proper revision guide and use that instead. I suppose "AS in a week" is alright for the night before the exam revision but not much else. Try a Revision Express guide. I'm thinking about buying one, they look good. Good Luck!

Earworms Rapid Italian Vol. 1: 200+ Essential Words and Phrases Anchored into Your Long Term Memory with Great Music (Musical Brain Trainer)
by Marlon Lodge
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars buy it!!!, 19 Oct. 2007
I'm studying beginner's Italian as an enrichment at college and hope to study it at uni. I've found this cd really useful. It's at a slow pace which makes it easier to learn. Everything is repeated a few times so that it sticks in your mind. It's really good. I'm considering buying volume 2 if there is one.

The Meditations: Rene Descartes (Philosophy in Focus)
The Meditations: Rene Descartes (Philosophy in Focus)
by Gerald Jones

4.0 out of 5 stars pretty good, 12 Oct. 2007
I own the Philosophy in Focus Epistemology and Descartes guides. They're quite good at explaining the theories and the different chapters of Descartes: The Meditations. My AS/A2 Philosophy tutor photocopied some of the pages and gave them to the class as handouts. I'd say buy Philosophy in Focus as a revision guide but don't rely solely upon it.