Profile for Gigs > Reviews

Gigs (London, UK)

LUPO Apple Iphone 3G/3GS Leather Flip Case With Magnetic Clasp - BLACK
LUPO Apple Iphone 3G/3GS Leather Flip Case With Magnetic Clasp - BLACK

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok Just about, 21 Oct 2012
The outer case and magnetic clast work well and offer a good level Of protection but the case in which the phone is housed is vulnerable and cracked after 3 weeks. Not a major crack but enough for me to reach for the glue. But It was very cheap, so perhaps it's not unexpected.

1,000 Places to See Before You Die 2012 Wall Calendar (Picture-A-Day Wall Calendars)
by Patricia Schultz
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars great calender, 10 Nov 2011
I always buy this calender as it makes me want to go to places I've never been to before - and occasionally I actually go! It brightens those dreary mornings!

LaCie Hard Disk design by Neil Poulton 1TB USB 2.0 - 7200RPM
LaCie Hard Disk design by Neil Poulton 1TB USB 2.0 - 7200RPM

5.0 out of 5 stars Great external drive, 10 Feb 2010
For it price and offering 1TB this is a good value purchase. It dead easy to set up and very quiet. I forget it's there. The construction is solid and doesn't overheat - I'm really pleased I bought this model

Garmin Nuvi 255W 4.3" Sat Nav with Full Europe Maps
Garmin Nuvi 255W 4.3" Sat Nav with Full Europe Maps

4.0 out of 5 stars Garmin Nuvi 255W - my first satnav!, 24 Dec 2009
The Garmin Nuvi 255W is my first Satnav and I'm delighted with it. Easy to set up and get going. I thought getting started would be problematic but it wasn't. Attachment to the windscreen is simple and easily removed at the end of the journey. The screen is really easy to follow and has good contrast. However, my eyesight isn't the best and I need glasses to look at it when driving - but one day forgot them but it wasn't a problem as the verbal directions are clear and concise. Even if one makes a mistake it recalculates a new direction very quickly. The software update for UK and Europe are free for the first year and then charges apply. The only drawback, and this applies to other models in this price range, is no input about local traffic conditions. But for its price it great value.I'm really happy I bought this model and I don't know why I haven't done it before.