Profile for M LINES > Reviews

M LINES "lordofthetrees"

The Stone Man - A Science Fiction Thriller
The Stone Man - A Science Fiction Thriller

5.0 out of 5 stars My first and definitely not last..., 30 July 2014
I've just finished this,my first and definitely not last,novel by Luke Smitherd. I actually came across The Stone Man while browsing,and after reading the many rave reviews here I downloaded without hesitation! Excellent idea,and it is a sci-fi thriller as described. Well-written,at a fast pace,but allowing for realistic character development and being set in the U.K was also a plus. Luke had me guessing how the story would end,and I wasn't disappointed,though I did have my own theory,but that's why it's a thriller-who knows what'll happen. Great read. Cheers.

Stone Lord: The Legend Of King Arthur, The Era Of Stonehenge
Stone Lord: The Legend Of King Arthur, The Era Of Stonehenge
by J.P. Reedman

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical masterstroke!, 23 Nov. 2012
I admit my knowledge of the Bronze age is limited,so as well as being a unique setting for the great legend of Arthur & Merlin,Stone Lord was an eye-opening,entertaining history lesson too! To set the story of Arthur in and around the ancient,magical Stonehenge is a masterstroke and I read it in days! The sequel will be one my must reads of 2013.

World's End: Book One of the Age of Misrule
World's End: Book One of the Age of Misrule
by Mark Chadbourn
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars A powerfully imaginitive,yet often darkly seductive, 17 Mar. 2002
Mark Chadbourn has written a powerfully imaginative, yet often darkly seductive and disturbing epic, with modern day heroes-both fallible and believable-on a magical quest around Britain to save it and the world from another dark age, brought on by the return of once-mythical Celtic gods. Brilliantly researched, and told at an even pace, World's End is the best new work I've read for twenty years! If you're into Celtic mythology, standing stones, leylines, fairies, magic and a bloody good
read-then but this now!