Profile for Mandi > Reviews

Content by Mandi

Mandi

Bundle: Fuji AX650 Digital Camera in Blue + 4GB + Fuji Tough Case + Uniross NiMh Rechargeable Batteries & Charger (Fujifilm Finepix AX650 Blue, 16MP, 5xOptical Zoom, 2.7" LCD, HD video)
Offered by eHome

1.0 out of 5 stars Product and seller review, 28 Jan 2014
I purchased this camera as a Christmas gift. On only its 2nd use the lens stopped retracting. I contacted the seller who told me I had to return it to the manufacturer. This was despite the fact the website said returns until 30 January. I have had to return the camera to the manufacturer by secure mail which cost me nearly £10. The manufacturer has said they will not reimburse this cost and the seller refused to as well. If I had bought this item from Argos or John Lewis I would have had an immediate replacement in the guarantee period and not had the hassle of returning it or expense of doing so. Also the manufacturer are only doing a repair and not a replacement and so there is no guarantee there will be no further problems.
My advice to all is don't buy this type of item online.
I have been a big customer of amazon over the years but now will seriously limit what I buy through them and certainly won't buy from other sellers through their site again.