Profile for Ann Blakemore > Reviews

Content by Ann Blakemore

Ann Blakemore

LA Brace Plantar Fasciitis Night Splint (Small UK 3-5) - Including Dorsiflexion Toe Wedge | Lycra Lined Foam Padded | Achilles Tendonitis , Plantar Fasciitis Overnight Treatment
Offered by Medstoc Ltd
Price: 16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent piece of kit, 16 July 2014
An excellent piece of kit for helping treat plantar fasciitis, really the best single thing I have tried. Information my clinical nurse gave me suggested there was little evidence to support the effectiveness of night splints, this may be true so far as clinical trials go - but it is certainly working for me. Much more comfortable to wear in bed than I expected.

Injury Afoot: 30 Things You Can Do to Relieve Heel Pain and Speed Healing of Plantar Fasciitis
by Patrick Hafner
Price: 10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It helps put a lot of information in perspective in an easy to read form, 16 July 2014
I found this book very helpful. It helps put a lot of information in perspective in an easy to read form. My plantar fasciitis is actually getting better since following the parts of the advice which seemed most relevant for my particular form of the problem and using a foot splint, which has been the single most helpful treatment for me. The author recommends using several methods in tandem to treat foot problems.

The Self-Healing Cookbook: A New Macrobiotic Primer for Healing Body, Mind and Moods with Whole, Natural Foods
by Kristina Turner

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love this book, 12 Sep 2013
It tells you how to get started and cook macrobiotic food straight away. Good for an anxious beginner like me. I have read several other books on macrobiotic lifestyles but this one makes me feel "held" and safe. There is a lot to learn but learning by doing and experimentation is the way forward. If you can find a friend to do this with you it makes it more fun.
The book encourages you to respect your intuition and your individuality. It also covers eating & cleansing with the seasons,recovering from major and minor illnesses & loosing weight naturally.
This is a book to be read and re read often as one's understanding of the underlying principles develops.

Janina Ultra White Sensitive Whitening Toothpaste
Janina Ultra White Sensitive Whitening Toothpaste
Price: 9.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Contains Xylitol, 12 Sep 2013
This product contains Xylitol, a type of natural non-fermentable sugar. The chemical formulation of Xylitol (5 carbon atoms rather than the usual 6 present in most sugars) makes bacteria slip off your teeth. When you use Janina you are to swish it round your mouth a while longer than usual to ensure a good coating! Starved of harmful micro-organisms your mouth is able to remineralise teeth more rapidly. I imagine that this is why dentists recommend it.
I first bought the product for my granddaughter after listening to a radio program which recommended toothpaste with Xylitol for children, and found I liked it myself. Janina makes my mouth feel really clean and my teeth look shinier, maybe a little whiter too.