Profile for Fer > Reviews

Content by Fer

Fer (Laren, The Netherlands)

Urbanears Medis Headphones - True White
Urbanears Medis Headphones - True White
Offered by Urban Tech

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant running headphones with even better after-service!, 26 Aug. 2014
Bought these headphones for running after having tried countless other model headphones. Some of them would fall out during running despite their claims, others like the Sennheiser/Adidas PMX 680 had malfunctioning wires or volume knob on the remote. I also used Philips Actionfit headphones which did not last when sweat got involved, and so on. Then I came across these headphones and they are simply fantastic: they sound terrific, and these truly fit perfect in your ear and will never fall out. Not even when trail-running as I normally tend to do. They have these little ingenious rubber pads which make sure they never fall off. And they are very comfortable too. They way they are designed the fit is perfect for me and they will not make my ears sour even after using them for several hours. Of course there are headphones which are even more comfortable but these are not a great fit for running. I even use them to make phone calls on my BlackBerry Z10 (did use them on a Lumia 920 phone as well) and they work great for that as well.

The best part is their after service: I lost one of the little rubber pads (and could not find the other replacement pads in various sizes which come with the headphones. Sent support an email and after some hours a very friendly support person provided me with a new set of rubber pads in medium size, free of charge! Now that's what I call a fantastic company. She said I would need to have a little patience as they were sent all the way from BC, Canada by regular mail, but at least I will be able to enjoy them for my next runs!

So if you need a good pair of fantastic sounding headphones, which will stay on, have no clutter cable and built in mic, get yourself one of the Urbanears Medis headphones.

Polk UltraFit 3000 In Ear Canal Sports Headphones - Black/Red
Polk UltraFit 3000 In Ear Canal Sports Headphones - Black/Red

3.0 out of 5 stars Sound is great, fit not so, 4 Nov. 2013
I explicitly bought these to use for running but I ditched them after using them for some months. They don't sit comfortably with any of the supplied plugs and when you sweat they start sliding of your ears. It's a pity as the sound was quite good. Have now bought a pair of Urban Ears which are much better fitting and which don't come of.

Fujitsu ScanSnap S1100 Document Scanner
Fujitsu ScanSnap S1100 Document Scanner
Offered by 3WM Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little scanner, 4 Nov. 2013
Supereasy to work with on my Mac. I just pop it out and when you open the machine it immediately starts working. Have had no paper jams as well. Highly recommend it.

Sennheiser/Adidas PMX 680 High-Performance Rugged Stereo Neckband Headphone for Sports

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for running, 15 April 2011
I owned a previous pair of Sennheiser running headphones which didn't last long (Sennheiser PMX 80 Sport II - Sport Line - headphones ( behind-the-neck )) and I was hesitant to get another pair of Sennheisers. I therefore bought a pair of Philips headphones with a similar system after having read positive reviews. Boy was I wrong. I don't know if I received a faulty pair but the sound was just plain awful. Returned these and got me these newer ones from Sennheiser. I must say I was pleasantly surprised when they arrived. They not only look better, but the build quality seems much better then the previous model. And the sound is just terrific for running. They sound full and have enough distinction to enjoy music while working out. Much better then supplied headphones with your iPhone for instance. More dynamics, better bass. And the fit is superb. They fit tight around your ears without any possibility of falling off, yet they don't feel pressurizing against your head. Superbly done and very happy with these headphones for my on the go runs. I can therefore really recommend these headphones.