Profile for Ms. R. J. Lees > Reviews

Content by Ms. R. J. Lees

Ms. R. J. Lees

Grow Your Own Drugs: Fantastically Easy Recipes for Natural Remedies and Beauty Treats
by James Wong

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC BOOK, 23 Jun 2009
I have just come across this book, as a general nurse have seen the damage 'Western medicine' can do! We treat patients with chemicals then more chemicals to cure the side effects from the first one! Constant use is detrimental to the body's immune system and they don't always work! So for years have been looking in to more natural remedies to prevent as well as treat illness. As well as the fact that eating healthily can prevent the need to be treated in the first place. I have some knowledge of foods which can help heal- like papaya kills thread worms, licorice puts up low blood pressure, rosemary can help with migraines... but this book is fantastic! Couldn't put it down and have just brought a huge amount of herbs and other plants.
I never have really needed to visit a Doctor myself as I am a really healthy eater-active person but over the years become my friends advisor to all ailments they have come across. I am so sure this book will be used on a weekly basis for this.
As for beauty products, I never understood why people spend a fortune on a bunch of chemicals which increase this risk of cancer!?! Save your money and either make your own or rely on a healthy diet to help with this, (Blue berry's can help prevent wrinkles!)
To any one thinking of buying this book DO SO! It is one of the best buys I have ever made in my life and I have a library with over 1000 books in my home.