Profile for Stephen > Reviews

Content by Stephen

Stephen (Woking, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Lowepro Fastpack 350 Quick Access Backpack for SLR Kit, 17" Notebook and General Gear - Red (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent bag for medium format kit + Macbook, 11 Jun 2010
I've already taken this bag on location to Monaco and Dubai stuffed with medium format camera, back, various lenses, chargers, cables and battery packs PLUS a 17 inch MacBook Pro and it has been excellent. It fits neatly as hand luggage and is actually made robustly enough to hold the weight it's big capacity allows (I have had many previous bags that have given up simply because straps break or become detached).
Top marks from me.

LaCie Hard Disk design by Neil Poulton 1TB USB 2.0 - 7200RPM (discontinued by manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good as archive drive, 28 Sep 2009
Excellent drive and great service. I use this for monthly back-ups so it will most likely have an easy life - day to day stuff goes on the more robust La Cie Quadra's as I trust them a little more - but I'm a very happy customer!

Samsung Digimax i6 Black Digital Camera with PMP, MP3 & 2.4" LCD (6MP, 3 x Optical Zoom)

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this camera!!, 17 April 2007
I was after ZERO stars but 1 seems to be the minimum allowed. Purchased in December 06 for a Christmas present (it is April 07 as I write this) and have spent since then talking to Samsung Customer Service in South Africa (useless) and have sent the camera for repair to Samsung in Chertsey. Each Samsung person has given me a different reason for the white circles that appear on virtually every photograph. A chap in South Africa actually said he know of a whole batch like this, but when I mentioned this to a lady at Chertsey she vehemently denied it (surprise, surprise). Even after repair this camera had the same very obvious problem which Samsung told me was due to dust in the shutter (on a brand new camera??).

I am thankful to Amazon Customer services who have been fantastic and are refunding rather than replacing as I have absolutely no faith in Samsung cameras. We will, of course, be purchasing the replacement (made by a different manufacturer) from Amazon.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 31, 2013 10:51 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3