Profile for Vytenis > Reviews

Content by Vytenis

Vytenis (Lithuania)

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Book 2 - Audio CD): Collectors Edition: Collecter's Edition
by J.K. Rowling
Edition: Audio CD

2.0 out of 5 stars Much worse than Jim Dale's reading, 8 Aug. 2004
Mr Stephen Fry may be "one of the cleverest and most thoughtful commentators on life", but he is definitely NOT the "perfect reader for Harry Potter". I am sure anyone who has ever heard Jim Dale's reading of Harry Potter books would not be impressed by Stephen Fry. I have bought Harry Potter Book 2 read by Stephen Fry and was disappointed to say the least. The only good part where Mr. Fry sounded really good was that of Gilderoy Lockhart's. ;) I would reccommend anyone who wants to enjoy listening to Harry Potter books, buy those read by Jim Dale, NOT by Steven Fry.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 4, 2010 7:05 AM BST

by J.K. Rowling
Edition: Audio CD

2.0 out of 5 stars Much worse than Jim Dale's reading, 8 Aug. 2004
Mr Steven Fry may be "one of the cleverest and most thoughtful commentators on life", but he is definitely NOT the "perfect reader for Harry Potter". I am sure anyone who has ever heard Jim Dale's reading of Harry Potter books would not be impressed by Steven Fry. I have bought book 2 read by Steven Fry and was disappointed to say the least. The only good part where Mr. Fry sounded really good was that of Gilgeroy Lockhart's. ;) I would reccommend anyone who wants to enjoy listening to Harry Potter books, buy those read by Jim Dale, NOT by Steven Fry.

Who Are You Discovering Your Real Identity: Discovering Your Real Identity (Who Are You? Series, Pt. 1)
by Chris Butler

5.0 out of 5 stars Amust read, 23 Oct. 2003
This is a great book. The author very clearly, logically and non-dogmatically talks about the single most important question in our life: who are we? Who are we as the conscious beings? Are we just a product of the complex chemical reactions in our brain or are we in fact something more than that? Are we just an illusion or are we a reality? What is materialism in its deepest essence and what are the far-reaching consequences of this philosophy? What are the ultimate consequences of materialistic view of the self and the world around us? Some sections of this book will really make your hair stand on end. Ultimately, even if you will not accept all of the author's points, you will still have a lot of food for thought. And it will make your life richer and more meaningful, since thinking about these questions is never a waste of time.

Implementing the Lexical Approach: Putting Theory Into Practice
Implementing the Lexical Approach: Putting Theory Into Practice
by Michael Lewis

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent guide for all ESL teachers, 29 Dec. 2002
I find Lewis's book a breath of fresh air! It was really an eye-opener for me, not only it confirmed my long held intuitive beliefs, but it formulated and explained them in the clearest way possible. I would like to very strongly recommend this book to all the teachers of English as a second language. Especially for those who are stuck in their stale and ineffective teaching techniques and do not see the light at the end of a tunnel. That was the case with me, but now I do see that light. It is the Lexical Approach to theaching ESL!...

Maximum George Harrison: Interview
Maximum George Harrison: Interview

4.0 out of 5 stars Maximum George Harrison, 28 Jun. 2002
This is an audio book which contains a detailed biography of George Harrison and the extracts from the authentic interviews with him. In this CD book one can also find much about the history of "The Beatles" in general. This work can be praised for its in-depthedness and high academic level, although sometimes it gets too dry and intelectualistic.