Profile for Coco > Reviews

Walt Disney / Pixar - Up [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ed Asner
Price: 10.00

4.0 out of 5 stars family favourite, 25 Aug 2012
This is one of our family favourites, having bought it before visiting the real 'paradise falls' ie Angel Falls in Venezuela. The settings and landscape are authentic, the story is unbelievable (perhaps as it should be!) and there are goofs and errors which my children unerringly pointed out. We overlook these as laughs are aplenty and we enjoy this great movie about some unlikely friends and enemies.

Grease [DVD] [1978]
Grease [DVD] [1978]
Dvd ~ John Travolta
Price: 5.58

5.0 out of 5 stars family favourite, 25 Aug 2012
This review is from: Grease [DVD] [1978] (DVD)
Despite some mention of 'getting down on the sand' and other smutty references, we love the music and dancing, especially John T's snake hips!

The Art of Looking Sideways
The Art of Looking Sideways
by Alan Fletcher
Price: 20.37

3.0 out of 5 stars a bit pretentious, 25 Aug 2012
A good book but all quotes are not easy to find. There is no index so finding topics/quotes to read are difficult to find again. Have to rummage through this huge book. Again a proper referencing system would be good. Inspiring but I have written in my own quotes on the book and drawn on it- best to personalise it.

The Best Of Creedence Clearwater Revival
The Best Of Creedence Clearwater Revival
Price: 5.77

3.0 out of 5 stars foot stompingly good, 25 Aug 2012
I love this CD and the music is great. The reason I have given it 3 stars is not because of the band but because the CD quality was not good. There is an annoying thumping noise at the end of the last song even though I exchanged it for another one ( I presume all the CDs have this problem). However, as I love CCR, I have kept the CD- never mind the thump.

The Magnificent Seven (Special Edition) [DVD] [1960]
The Magnificent Seven (Special Edition) [DVD] [1960]
Dvd ~ Yul Brynner
Offered by streetsahead
Price: 4.79

4.0 out of 5 stars never fails to cheer, 25 Aug 2012
Despite being such a 'gung-ho' American movie about good and bad with the usual stereotypes of North Americans saving the South Americans, I loved the action and comic moments. Has become a family favourite, not least because of the stirring music.

The Very Best Of Nina Simone
The Very Best Of Nina Simone
Offered by Discountdiscs-UK : Dispatched daily from the UK.
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars great classic, 25 Aug 2012
Nina Simone's life and songs are so inspiring, such joy despite such sadness. This CD is a gem- a great find

Gold - All Her Greatest Hits
Gold - All Her Greatest Hits
Price: 7.25

5.0 out of 5 stars easy listening, 25 Aug 2012
A great listen for those dark evenings in winter or even summer. Ella's voice is like shimmering gold- soothing yet piercing.

The Very Best of 10CC
The Very Best of 10CC
Price: 6.35

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 25 Aug 2012
This review is from: The Very Best of 10CC (Audio CD)
10cc is a very under-rated band. I find the similarities between them and Queen quite perplexing, knowing that 10cc came before Queen. Watch the video of 'I am not in love', then watch Bohemian Rhapsody, listen to One night in Paris, then listen to 'I want to ride my bicycle'- I wondered if Queen had been inspired by 10cc. Excellent CD- must buy!

The Bicycle Thieves [1948] [DVD]
The Bicycle Thieves [1948] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Lamberto Maggiorani
Offered by WorldCinema
Price: 14.85

5.0 out of 5 stars a great film, 25 Aug 2012
I have really enjoyed watching this film, the subtleties and nuances captured in this remarkable black and white film. My children found it depressing but then I don't think they get the message really.

The Essential Billie Holiday
The Essential Billie Holiday
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent!, 25 Aug 2012
A great party CD and one for single listening too. Billie Holiday's amazing voice reaches many as it reaches one- never fails to cheer me up!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3