Profile for S. Shafiq > Reviews

Content by S. Shafiq

S. Shafiq (Netherlands)

TeckNet New Google Nexus 7 II Silicone Gel TPU Case Cover For Google Nexus 7 2nd Generation Tablet Wifi (Launched July 2013) Included Screen Protector

4.0 out of 5 stars Product is great, but the seller, not so, 10 Sept. 2013
Like all other reviewers, if you are looking for a TPU case for your new Nexus 7 2013 FHD, look no further. This is the best case for this price. It fits very nicely and totally keeps your device tightly hugged and secured. If this case was from some known brands, it'd cost 3 - 4 times more. The only problem I faced is with the seller. The description says that the product is delivered with a screen protector and a stylus pen, but I did not receive any stylus pen (not sure if others did). I emailed the seller but still waiting for some response after a week. I have no plans to return the product due to this, but I'm a little disappointed in the seller's attitude. They could at least be kind enough to come back and admit the mistake. Anyway, the product is great!

LPIC-1 In Depth
LPIC-1 In Depth
by JANG

3.0 out of 5 stars not the best Linux read, 2 Oct. 2009
This review is from: LPIC-1 In Depth (Paperback)
I bought this to study for LPIC-1. I've been working on Linux for ~8 years now and possess another vendor specific certification. Just got excited to see LPI updating the curriculum so decided to go for it. The book is not very well written and if you don't have good Linux experience already, you might not follow the author very well. This is definitely not for the absolute beginners and as the book also says, it is assumed that you have at least 1 year of working experience with Linux before reading this book. Apart from this, the book is not very well arranged in the topics. Hard to follow the topics and you may have to go back and forth to make complete sense out of some topics. Good that I already have some background knowledge and that might be one reason I'm not very happy with this book.

It might be used as a good reference book but this alone might not be sufficient for you to understand Linux from scratch. May get you through the exam but I still have to appear so can't say much about that. I'd still rate it 3 since I usually like stuff from Mr. Jang.