Profile for Lucy > Reviews

Lucy

Abus Spiralkabel-Zahlenschloss 85cm Black black Size:185 cm
Abus Spiralkabel-Zahlenschloss 85cm Black black Size:185 cm

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute Junk, 12 July 2014
Don't trust your bicycle with this garbage. I bought the cable to lock a helmet on my motorcycle instead of having to carry it around. On its very first use, I came back to find my helmet gone and the cable cut.

If you believe that your bike is safe with this item, think again. Please don't risk the safety of your bicycle or any posession.

Last Argument Of Kings: The First Law: Book Three
Last Argument Of Kings: The First Law: Book Three
by Joe Abercrombie BA

2.0 out of 5 stars Big promises were made and Joe didn't deliver, 25 Feb. 2013
The First law books were some of the most promising work of "grown up" fantasy in the last decade. I daresay hardly anyone has not enjoyed most if not all the characters.
In the books there's talk of 'the magic leaking out of the world' but I wasn't expecting this to be a metaphor for the author's creativity.

Was the end of the second book or the beginning of the third, that was the beginning of the end? One cannot say with certainty. However taking note of the author's banal repetitive phrases - i.e. "Why do I do this?"; "*random reference to Gurkhish prisons"; "have to be realistic"; etc. etc. Add up to an impressive amount of clues that this story - perhaps initially planned - was written on the go.

Perhaps it's the aforementioned tedious phrases. Perhaps the lack of fluidity in character evolution, or maybe we were given a rushed ending for which bizarre and unrealistic events were created. Whatever the reason, this (last) book was so disappointing that I asked Amazon for my money back.

In short I would not recommend this trilogy, because it doesn't have an ending (the present one, feels like an unnatural abomination compared to the first two books).