ARRAY(0xa9896fa4)

Profile for Seriously > Reviews

Content by Seriously

Seriously "Dave"

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Ex-Pro� Replacement Fuji part AC-5VX, AC5VX AC Power Supply Adapter & Battery coupler kit [CP-50 CP50 included] , AC Mains Power Supply Adapter for Fuji Finepix
Offered by ExpressPro
Price: 13.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly, 25 Mar 2014
This is exactly what I hoped for. Lift the little rubber hatch off the side of the battery compartment and rotate it out of the way, fit the adapter as you would a battery, close the compartment and you're done. Review written shortly after purchase.

Premium Leather Keyboard Portfolio Standing Case Cover For Microsoft Surface PRO 10.6 Inch Tablet (NOT fit Surface Pro 2) - Black
Offered by miaomiaofay
Price: 12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Feels a little bit cheap, but it certainly works to protect the surface, 13 Feb 2014
The backbone of the thing is robust. The tags used to secure the tablet in place seem flimsy. I'm happy dropping the tablet in this case into my rucksack.

Wacom CS-300 Bamboo Stylus feel for Samsung Galaxy Note and other devices with Wacom Technology Feel - Black
Offered by Trusted-Goods
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Restores the sense of an implement interacting with a surface, 13 Feb 2014
I've used hard plastic styli on a range of wacom devices. The best feel I've experienced is the hard tip on the Bamboo pen and touch, which feels like a wearing pencil - and indeed it wears down over time. I haven't experienced the felt stylus on the higher end tablets and screens. This stylus gives you a silicone rubber capped tip which drags very smoothly a sensible amount to give you a sense of interaction.

Heritage Collection By Little's Brazil Co2 Decaf Whole Bean Coffee 250 g (Pack of 2)
Price: 8.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious - gone are the days of grotty decaf, 13 Feb 2014
I love coffee. I'm very happy drinking this.I treat them exactly as I would any other bean. I experimented with the grind size, water temperature and steep time and ended up with a very satisfying brew.

Koh-i-noor Progresso - Woodless Graphite Pencils Set. 8915
Koh-i-noor Progresso - Woodless Graphite Pencils Set. 8915
Offered by V & A
Price: 7.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous pencils dispatched quickly in very careful packaging, 13 Feb 2014
These are lovely pencils. Not having to carefully prune back the wood to get at the material I'm trying to sketch/shade with is going to make the whole process more convenient. The longer shading surface is appealing, too.

RAL K7 - Colour fan deck
RAL K7 - Colour fan deck
Offered by One Stop Colour Shop
Price: 11.80

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty product returned to seller who damaged it and refused to refund return postage., 13 Feb 2014
This review is from: RAL K7 - Colour fan deck (Misc.)
[...]
Deck arrived and appeared fine. I removed the paper pages that translated into languages other than English and the legal disclaimers. Later notices small white flecks adhering to swatches throughout the deck. Removed many carefully with a thumbnail. One proved intransigent, and some of the surface of the patch came with it. Now I had a patch whose colour was disturbed due to the presence of the white flecks. I returned the product. The seller stated that they could see no flaws, but they also stated that it had "normal swirl damage". It didn't have any swirl damage when it left me, so it looks like they're not careful with things. They refused to refund because they couldn't find flaws, and it was missing pages. Long exchange of messages, including them stating that they'd elevated the claim to Amazon when they hadn't, then suggesting a compromise, then refunding the original cost but not the return postage. Now they're not responding to messages insisting the issue be elevated to Amazon. I imagine that if the product you receive is not flawed, then you'll be fine, but they would point blank to refuse to believe there could be anything wrong, damage the product, and twist logic to fit their stance. Good luck.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 5, 2014 11:57 AM GMT

Owl - Woodcraft Construction Kit
Owl - Woodcraft Construction Kit
Offered by Quay Shop
Price: 4.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Sloppy pre-cutting of pieces renders this a miserable, impossible experience, 6 Dec 2013
The character that performed the cutting of the pieces of my kit clearly did not care about the result and was not caught in the act. The instructions suggest that glue may be necessary here and there. More than half the joints so far have needed glue, and many don't work as joints at all. The "slots", which are sort of cack-handed swoops, either don't allow the intended piece all the way in, or are disastrously loose.
It took me a while to get to the model, by which time the 30 day return window had expired. But this thing is not fit for purpose. I want my money back. I'll see if I can work out how to do that, because the system won't let me use the returns button.
You might be lucky if you order one of these. Open it as soon as you get it, and if the slots don't look like squarish slots, hurry up and return it.

Kipling 100 Large Pencil Case
Kipling 100 Large Pencil Case

5.0 out of 5 stars Protects pencils, holds loads of stuff., 6 Nov 2013
I bought the black one for the full price of just over 30 quid and don't regret that. I bought this one for 17 and a bit, and am very pleased!
It has a total of 26 elasticated loops for pens/pencils on the inside of the cover and on the front of a rigid leaf inside that give the most protections. There is a large cavity that I assume they estimated will take 74 pencs/pencils, which is probably realistic. I mostly use the cavity for all the knobbly stuff like sharpeners, erasers, boxes of spare cartridges and such, but also for pens that don't need so much protection.

Corelle Winter Frost White Salad/ Pasta Bowl
Corelle Winter Frost White Salad/ Pasta Bowl
Offered by Ignite Cookware
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight, strong, aesthetically pleasing, holds food, 13 Oct 2013
Corelle is lightweight and strong. Much easier to hoof around the kitchen and wherever you're eating that your average crockery. I'm going to gradually replace all my plates and bowls with it.

66FIT Knobble It 4 Way Massager
66FIT Knobble It 4 Way Massager
Offered by Physio Supplies Ltd
Price: 6.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Nails muscle spasm. Indispensible., 13 Oct 2013
I have piriformis syndrome, and this is great for forcing the muscle spasm to "give up". You can get a good handle on it because of its shape and manually grind at a spasmed muscle, or you can drop it on the ground (obviously not onto hard tiles from a height, which caused it to shatter for another reviewer, who gave it 2 stars because of that. Odd way to judge a massage product) and lie or sit on it. It takes my entire weight apparently quite happily, and I'm a 6'6" stocky (hah, yeah, ok) bloke. Goes everywhere with me, along with an omni massage roller for gentler massage of the surrounding muscles.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3