Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer
Top Reviewer Ranking: 912

Amazon Customer (Aberdeen, Scotland)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
i-Rocks Rock Series K10 Keyboard
i-Rocks Rock Series K10 Keyboard

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value keyboard, 12 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Good:
The typing action is springy and satisfying. It's been a while since I've used a keyboard with conventional keys, so I've become accustomed to either the scissor switches of laptops or the shallower, chiclet keys on my logitech wireless keyboard. I find I type quickly and with fewer errors on this one.
The aesthetic of the keyboard belies the slightly embarrassing 'gamer' box it comes in. It's a black slab with a line of red running around the edge that isn't even visible from above. There's an imprinted i-Rocks logo on the spacebar, but apart from that there's no branding on the keyboard, which really appeals to me.
It also feels fairly hefty and well made.
The anti-ghosting feature works well and the keyboard feels responsive in FPSes.

Mediocre:
Despite the good action on the keys, they do feel a little wobbly at times. I can put my finger on one and wiggle it from side to side. This isn't really noticeable when I'm actually typing, though, and it probably only bothers me because I've become so used to scissor switch keys.
I'm not a big fan of the 'Klingon' style font of the keys, but if you're a touch typist you won't be looking at them often anyway.

Bad:
The LEDs for numlock, capslock, and scroll lock are much, much too bright!

LG Nexus 4 Android Smartphone 16GB Sim-Free
LG Nexus 4 Android Smartphone 16GB Sim-Free

5.0 out of 5 stars Review after almost two years, 4 Sep 2014
This is probably the best phone I've owned since my last Nokia dumbphone. Unlike many 2yr old smartphones, it's still going strong, with hardly an UI lag. All but the most demanding games still work on it perfectly, and unlike the phablet-like flagships of today, you can put it in your pocket without having to wear cargo shorts.

BOOMco Rapid Madness Blaster
BOOMco Rapid Madness Blaster

3.0 out of 5 stars Great blaster, but a bit tricky to charge up, 3 Sep 2014
This review is from: BOOMco Rapid Madness Blaster (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Good:
No batteries!
There's a really satisfying clacky ratcheting sound as you fire and the ammo clip feeds the darts down the barrel.
The gun is properly automatic: hold the trigger down and the air in front of you will fill with sticky projectiles.
The darts stick to the target well when they actually hit it.

Mediocre:
The design is a bit too bulky and unwieldy for my liking. I get there's meant to be a kind of plasma gun aesthetic going on here, but the superfluous bulk makes it difficult for smaller hands to wield and for adults to store easily.

Bad:
It seems fairly finicky to use and I'm beginning to wonder if the model I received is somewhat defective. Getting it to fire usually involves pumping it, then sliding the magazine in, trying to fire, taking the magazine out, and putting it back in, at which point it fires for some reason. I'm guessing there's some problem with the outlet for pressurised air. Suffice to say that I usually had to reload the gun for my nephews each time they fired it, which seems a bit counter productive.

Judging by the other reviews it seems like finicky pumping/reloading is a bit of a problem with some of the guns that were sent out. For price I'd hope for better QA from Mattel. It's a shame, as my nephews loved the actual firing mechanism.

Seagate Barracuda 3.5 inch 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB 6GB/S Internal SATA Drive
Seagate Barracuda 3.5 inch 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB 6GB/S Internal SATA Drive
Offered by M.T.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect partner to a SSD, 2 Sep 2014
I bought this to replace an ancient (in relative terms - 6yr old) Western Digital Green. The green served me well as a data storage drive for the entirety of that time, but it was full, slow, and noisy. This Barracuda is, by contrast, capacious, fast, and quiet. It's the perfect partner to a solid state drive like the Samsung 840 Evo.

Philips SC2006/11 Lumea Precision Plus IPL Hair Removal System for Face and Body

3.0 out of 5 stars Review after 6 weeks - too soon to say, 2 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Since treatments are meant to be spaced 2 weeks apart and I've only had the Lumea for 6 weeks, it's difficult to comment on its efficacy after three treatments. The marketing blurb states that there's a 75% hair reduction after 4 treatments, so I'll update this review after that. At the moment there could be a slight reduction in growth, though I'm suspicious that this is wishful thinking. Before you read further, you should have a look at the skin/hair colour chart above to make sure you fall within the range.

The device itself is typical modern high-end Philips: an almost 60s futurism makes it look like a ray gun, which I guess it is, in a sense. Blasting away at hair follicles with pulsed light is a scary concept, so I was reassured by the precise instructions.

The thing takes about 2 minutes to 'charge up' before use and a light turns on when it's ready. It comes with a precision UV filter, which I found useful for smaller areas. Treatments can take a while if you're conscientious about getting good coverage, but the potential time saved on shaving could be worth it. Like I said, it's too soon to know for sure. The light pulses don't cause any discomfort during or after, despite my skin normally being quite sensitive.

Bitmore Juucee 2600mAh Ultra Compact Portable Battery Backup Charger with LED Torch

4.0 out of 5 stars Good: Small enough to be pocketable and not too ..., 23 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Good:
Small enough to be pocketable and not too heavy.
Solidly constructed with squared off corners so it doesn't roll around if you put it on a table.
Powerful enough to keep a phone going in a pinch.
The wee flashlight is a nice addition. Still useful even if it isn't super bright.

Mediocre:
It charges the phone quite slowly.
The capacity is not huge, but it should be enough to top up most phones from the brink.
Covers over the USB ports would be nice to stop dust and dirt from getting in, especially since I envisage this sitting at the bottom of bags and handbags.

Bad:
Nothing really.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 25, 2014 2:48 PM BST

Logitech P710e Mobile Speaker
Logitech P710e Mobile Speaker

5.0 out of 5 stars Smartphones nowadays are certainly smart, but the latter part of the neologism has ..., 22 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Smartphones nowadays are certainly smart, but the latter part of the neologism has been neglected. Almost every smartphone I've used has a suboptimal speaker/mic, especially for when I want to talk to someone without holding a hot phone to my ear.

The P710e goes a long way to solving some of the problems I have with call quality on my phone, and it's also useful for Skype. Pairing it was easy with my N4 and the clarity of its speaker vastly exceeded that of the phone. Apparently my voice came through clearer than with the regular mic, too, even though I was quite a bit further away from the device. The speaker also worked without hassle with Skype on my PC and it was nice not to have to wear a headset while talking. Speech comes through clearly and the controls on the front are easy to use.

The speaker itself is typical modern Logitech - decent quality black plastic in an understated design. It won't blow you away but it looks businesslike and should fit perfectly in most offices. The speaker includes a slot so you can set your phone in the centre for handsfree talking/video calls.

I'd recommend the P710e to anyone makes a lot of calls but is dissatisfied with the quality on their mobile or headset. I'd also recommend it to businesses with a new for portable conferencing.

Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5 inch Basic SATA Solid State Drive
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5 inch Basic SATA Solid State Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Lightning Quick and Easy to Fit, 20 Aug 2014
I bought this SSD to replace a 128gb Sandisk since I was running out of room on it. I didn't expect it to be so much faster. Windows starts up in about 20 seconds and everything I've installed on it (Photoshop, various IDEs, Office) starts up almost instantaneously. Migrating my installation was extremely easy with the provided software. With this drive, it really seems like SSDs have come of age in terms of value/performance.

Cat Toys Megapack - 1 x Interactive Catnip / Feather Toy On A Stick, 3 x Wicker Bell Balls, 1 x Handmade Mouse Chew Toy - The Best Toy Pack For Cats or Your Kitten! 5 Great Toys / Accessories For Kids to Play With The Cat
Offered by EBJC Trading Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great selection. My bengal, 20 Aug 2014
Great selection. My bengal, Mowgli, absolutely loves the mouse/bird (it has feathers) on the elasticated string. He's been trotting proudly around the flat with it in his mouth almost every day. He'll also fetch it like a dog when he wants to play. The other components aren't bad either. The set is fairly expensive but the toys do seem higher quality than most of the others I've bought.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 27, 2014 9:58 PM BST

Vitility EZ Elbow Crutches Black
Vitility EZ Elbow Crutches Black

5.0 out of 5 stars and good looking. I bought these after a bad ankle ..., 20 Aug 2014
Rock solid, light, and good looking. I bought these after a bad ankle sprain and I've found them to be really useful for moving short distances. The grips are wrist friendly and there's plenty of room for adjustment in terms of length. Pushing the springloaded pins down could be a bit tricky if you lack strength in your fingers as they're quite stiff, though.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20