Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 938

Amazon Customer
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
SteelSeries Sensei Raw - Rubberised (PC/Mac)
SteelSeries Sensei Raw - Rubberised (PC/Mac)
Offered by Wiziwoo Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Good: Simple design - distinct lack of gamer frills, 4 Mar. 2015
Good:
Simple design - distinct lack of gamer frills.
Ambidextrous.
Braided cable.
Software that allows for a good degree of customisability and a useful interface for adding custom macros.
I've found the tracking excellent in games as well as software like Illustrator and AutoCAD.

Mediocre:
One of the reasons I bought this mouse was because it has extra buttons on both sides - I like to use my ring finger to hit the buttons on right side of the mouse, but the tactility of the buttons is pretty poor. They're mushy and it can be difficult to tell the difference between them just by touch. I'm slowly getting used to them, but I miss how clicky the buttons on the cheaper Perixx model the Sensei has replaced.

Bad:
Nothing

Oster Beehive Blender, 1.25 Litre, 600 W, Chrome
Oster Beehive Blender, 1.25 Litre, 600 W, Chrome

4.0 out of 5 stars No-nonsense blender with a unique look, 27 Feb. 2015
Style and build quality:
================
This blender has a kind of 50s-retro chromed look that seems to be somewhat divisive. Some people love it, others prefer the most functional aesthetic of modern stuff. I think it's quite cool looking - unusual. The metal body is sturdy and the glass jug is reassuringly thick. The control dial clicks nicely, too. Overall, it seems like a well made blender.

Blending:
=======
This is a simple, unpretentious blender that makes no concessions to the marketing bullet-point list. It just has a dial with three settings. There are two 'off' settings at either side. On one hand, I sort of miss hitting the 'juice' button and letting the blender do its thing, on the other I like the simplicity of selecting one of the three options and then controlling the duration and power of the blending myself.

The jug has measurements etched down its sides: cups and ml. Unfortunately, these markings can be difficult to see when the jug is full, so I gave up on measuring via the jug and just pre-measured ingredients (which I should've been doing anyway).

The Beehive has pulverised, chopped, and pureed everything I've put in it. Unlike the slightly more expensive Reversible blender also offered by Oster, the blade will only spin linearly, so it has no function for freeing the blade automatically if it gets gunked up. I haven't had a problem with ingredients getting stuck at the bottom yet, though.

Cleaning:
=======
The blade can be removed from the jug, which aids cleaning immensely. The shiny chrome chassis is a bit of a smudge, splatter, and fingerprint magnet, but it's also easy to wipe off.

This is a well-made blender with a unique look. It is powerful and light on features, which may appeal to you if you're tired of smarter blenders with dubious additional functionality. It may not suit every kitchen, and perhaps that's its strength.

Oster Reversible Blender, 1.25 Litre, 600 W
Oster Reversible Blender, 1.25 Litre, 600 W

4.0 out of 5 stars Removable blade: big bonus, 21 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love using blenders, but I hate cleaning them, so much so that, with my older Duronic blender, I eventually avoided using it. The main problem was getting all the gunk that accumulates under and around the blade.

This Oster blender solves that problem by allowing the jug to be detached from the blade, making cleaning much easier. The jug itself is made of a smooth, dense glass that feels well made and durable.

This is marketed as 'reversible' blender, meaning that the blade will reverse itself on some settings, supposedly to stop the bottom of the jug from getting too clogged. This worked very well for softer solids like strawberries for smoothies or boiled root vegetables like squash and carrots, but there was still some clogging with more fibrous ingredients like dates (for sticky toffee pudding!), so I still had to scrape around a bit to free the blade.

The design of the base elevates the motor and gives it a bit of ventilation, possibly extending the life of the blender by stopping the mechanism from getting too hot. I'll see.

The settings seem to be appropriately programmed and work well. I've used it for all sorts of ingredients and have only encountered problems with some, such as the boiled dates and frozen bananas.

Overall, it's a well made and easy to clean blender, excellent for most ingredients, but err on the side of caution when adding tougher stuff.

Oral B Pro 3000 White and Clean Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush
Oral B Pro 3000 White and Clean Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush

5.0 out of 5 stars Satisfying, 15 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It might be a bit weird to say this, but I find brushing my teeth really satisfying. The clean feeling, the tingly sensation of the toothpaste, the idea that I'm stopping my teeth from rotting. Maybe the years of being bombarded with adds for toothpaste and toothbrushes have given me a pavlovian response to the idea of tooth maintenance.

I've owned various sonic and electric toothbrushes from Philips (Sonicare) and Omron, all purporting to be the best around. Usually the experience is fairly samey. My last brush before this one was a Sonicare Diamondwhite and it was excellent until the battery started going. The Oral B pro is comparable in quality, even if it isn't a sonic brush. It sounds completely different: a deeper 'grinding' sound rather than the high whirring of sonic brushes. The clean feeling after the brush is there, and a red warning light comes on if you brush too hard. I usually use the basic 'clean' mode rather than the massage or sensitive modes, but there is a clear difference between the motion of the brush on each.

The brush body is light and easy to handle and it comes with a generous 4 brush heads. Overall, I'm impressed with the Oral B Pro 3000's cleaning power.

SmartBedz Eticat Natural Cat Litter 5.5 kg
SmartBedz Eticat Natural Cat Litter 5.5 kg

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, but represents poor value for money, 10 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This bag of litter has lasted my two adult, indoor cats about two weeks. The absorbency is good and the smell has been about the same as usual. The cats have had no problem using it and they haven't resorted to peeing on the bed or sofa like they did with the crystal city-cat litter we tried a while back.

Unfortunately, I don't think the SmartBedZ litter represents good value when high quality litter with similar performance is readily available on amazon at a fraction of the price.

Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running & Gym/exercise Bluetooth Earbuds Headphones Headsets W/microphone for Iphone 5s 5c 4s 4, Ipad 2 3 4 New Ipad, Ipod, Android, Samsung Galaxy, Smart Phones Bluetooth Devices (QY7, black/green)
Offered by SOUNDSOUL Direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Great sport headphones slightly let down by small buttons, 1 Feb. 2015
I've experimented with various running or sport headphones in the past, some wired, some bluetooth. The bluetooth sport headphones I've used in the past have been almost universally unreliable - there was one pair that couldn't receive sound from my phone if it was in the wrong pocket, another that just refused to connect if I was wearing the wrong shorts, another set that constantly fell out of my ears.

So far these Qy7s have been extremely reliable in various situations. After a bit of adjustment with the different sized ear buds (my left ear takes a medium, my right takes a large!) I found them to be have a good, comfortable fit despite the added weight of their battery and transceiver.

Connecting them up to my Android phone was easy: just hold the power button until it starts flashing red and blue, then search for devices on your phone. I didn't have to put in a security code or anything. Importantly, the bluetooth connection hasn't once cut out while I've been running, which lends some credence to the claim that the headphones have a superior chip driving them.

The sound itself is decent and clear. They won't compete with audiophile wired headphones, but they will be loud enough for running on the street or the gym without distortion.

My only complaint, and it's a big enough flaw to merit the loss of a star, is that the buttons could be a lot more pronounced and easy to press while moving. The power button is a bit too flat and offers little in the way of touch affordance. I was able to get used to using the buttons after a while, but that was after a bit of fumbling and fiddling.

Overall, these are very good value for the money and I expect you'd have to pay quite a premium to get similar performance from a big name brand.

Dettol Antibacterial Surface Cleanser Spray 750 ml (Pack of 3)
Dettol Antibacterial Surface Cleanser Spray 750 ml (Pack of 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars I've found this surface spray great for solid, 1 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've found this surface spray great for solid, non-porous surfaces like door handles, bannisters, light switches, and keyboards. The main thing is that it's almost odourless - I hate the soap (or lemon, or floral) scent that a lot of antibacterial cleansers have to mask the alcohol or whatever else their active ingredient is. This means I use it far more often and in more contexts, since I don't have to worry about an artificial smell lingering for ages after a clean.

Nook 9-inch Tablet (OMAP 4470 1.5GHz Processor, 1GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, Wi-Fi, Full HD 1080p)
Offered by EveryCartridge

4.0 out of 5 stars Still a decent media device, 1 Feb. 2015
I bought this tablet two years ago at a bargain price and it has served me extremely well as a film viewer, comic reader, casual web browser. The screen still looks great compared to similarly priced tablets, although you may find that its performance leaves something to be desired, particularly on complex websites with lots of javascript or gifs. I was able to install Cyanogenmod on it not long after purchase and it was a massive improvement compared to the original Nook OS.

Physically, the tablet looks almost new - it's a well made device. I actually like the little hole in the corner, although I couldn't say I've ever put anything through it.

Tojiro Chef Knife 180mm
Tojiro Chef Knife 180mm
Offered by Sukiyaki JP

5.0 out of 5 stars I've been using the Tojiro for the past few months and I've found it a joy to use, 1 Feb. 2015
I had to wait a while for this knife to arrive from Japan, but the wait was worth it. I've been using the Tojiro for the past few months and I've found it a joy to use: versatile, durable, and great to handle. It's insanely sharp - rest the edge on top of a tomato and the blade will slice through it with very little assistance beyond gravity. I find the shape of the blade works well with almost any cutting action I've needed in the kitchen: chopping onions, slicing chicken, mashing garlic, slashing pieces of paper asunder for fun, etc. The Tojiro is a great knife at a good price.

Epson Expression Photo Printer XP-750 with Claria Photo HD Ink - Wi-Fi and Touch Panel
Offered by jj-pc-store

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent scanning facilities with solid, but expensive printing, 1 Feb. 2015
Good:
I'm really impressed with the quality of the scanner for this price and in a combined machine. I've been using it to scan sketches for university work and it hasn't let me down once. The cloud-send facility allows me to send the PDFs directly to Google Drive or my email address, which is extremely convenient.

Photo printing is extremely high quality, although I've only used it occasionally since the cost Epson ink is so insanely inflated. It's great to be able to print whenever, but it definitely seems like you'd get better value for money by using an online printing service. The actual quality of the prints is good, though, with excellent colour reproduction and sharpness.

Mediocre:
The network share service works well, although it can take a little while to set up. It isn't complicated: just a bit time consuming.

Bad:
The price of Epson ink...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20