Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Umbra Luna Photo/ Art Display, Black
Umbra Luna Photo/ Art Display, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars A photo frame that looks great in its own right, 20 Jan. 2015
This unusual photo frame stands out from similar multi-photo offerings by dint of its circular shape and geometric bars within. The bars are about 3cm wide, so you could put small trinkets on them in addition to the photos. We bought this after a trip to Hong Kong, where we bought some figurines. They go perfectly with the pictures and the style of the frame.

The frame is made of a matte plastic and is fairly light, so it can hang from a single fixture despite its size.

Inateck Ultra Slim (0.16in/4.2mm) Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard for iOS (iPad Air 2 / Air, iPad Mini 3 / Mini 2 / Mini, iPad 2 / 3 / 4, iPhone 6/ 6 plus/ 5/ 5c/ 5s/ 4/ 4s), Windows and Android 3.0 and above OS with Built-in Lithium Battery - White
Offered by Inateck

4.0 out of 5 stars Super Slim, 18 Jan. 2015
Length:: 0:27 Mins

Good:
Extremely thin and light - you'll hardly notice it in your bag
Quick to set up and supports Android, Windows, and iOS so you can use it with all your devices.
The typing experience is a lot better than using a touchscreen keyboard, although I still wouldn't use my tablet as first choice for word processing.

Mediocre:
The unadorned soft-touch back feelings like it could scuff easily.
I have fairly slender fingers and I found the keys a bit too small at times - it's a natural trade-off for the small size of the keyboard, though, and I have become used to it now.

Bad:
Nothing, although you should probably avoid this keyboard if you have large hands.

Overall, it's a good option for extending the functionality of your tablet.

Esselte Pendaflex A4 Vertical Suspension Files - Assorted (Pack of 10)
Esselte Pendaflex A4 Vertical Suspension Files - Assorted (Pack of 10)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good: 100% recycled, 13 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Good:
100% recycled.
Vivid variety of colours - spruce up your filing system (hmm) with crimson, saffron, sea blue, etc instead of the usual grainy pea-green.
Sturdy.
Clear tab for titles.

Mediocre:
Could get expensive if you have lots to file.

Bad:
Nothing.

Overall, these are high quality, colourful recycled files.

Philips M120G/10 In.Sight Wireless HD Home Monitor (Pack of 2)
Philips M120G/10 In.Sight Wireless HD Home Monitor (Pack of 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Cat police, 13 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Note: Despite the hefty price of these monitors, you will also need to pay a monthly fee to access recording features - if you don't pay the fee, you can only view a live stream. There is a free trial of the recording service, so at least you can see if it is worth paying for. This review focuses primarily on the quality of the live feed and usability.

There are many possible applications for home monitoring systems - you may want to keep an eye on your kids while you're away or in another part of the house; you might have security concerns; or you might have pets that occasionally behave badly while you're at work. The latter applies to me and my cats.

I've been trying to train my two cats (male bengal, female ragdoll, both neutered) not to scratch the sofa. I'm wary of anthropomorphising animals, but they definitely know what they're doing is wrong, judging by how they'll guiltily slink away from the scene of the crime and cower when we verbally reprimand them with a stern no or a sharp hiss. Well, it's more likely to be that they don't appreciate being shouted at rather than any moral compass.

Unfortunately, I can't maintain a constant vigil over the sofa. I need a way to remind the cats that I'm omniscient.

Set up:
Setting the monitors up is extremely easy - plug the monitors in, download the Philips app from Google Play or the Appstore, follow the instructions (basically hold your phone up in front of the monitor so it can read the QR code and link to your phone and wifi), and you're ready to view the stream. I was able to set the sensitivity of the motion detector for each monitor to tread the balance between missing activity and reporting false positives, but only after quite a bit of trial and error. It's something you'll have to experiment with over the course of a few days, depending on your use case.

Quality:
My internet service is fairly slow (2mb download/700kb upload) and I was able to view the stream with little discernible lag on my phone at work, at the cafe, at the shops. The quality will adjust to your bandwidth, and I generally found it quite usable. For most of the time I've used these, I haven't had much need for the recording service. I get a notification that there's motion and I switch on the app to see one or both of the cats going to town on the sofa. I'm then able to record a message for them (usually just a stern 'No!'), which is played through the monitor speakers. The speakers themselves are extremely poor quality, although they're quite loud, so any message played through them is distorted and terrifying. It'd be perfect for playing pranks on people. The cats hear the message and abandon the sofa as if I'm actually there. They've been doing it less and less in the time I've been using the monitors. That means the monitors have achieved their purpose or that the cats have become more subtle in their vandalism.

I'm very happy with the quality and usability of the monitors and I can see them being useful in a myriad of situations, not just cat training.

Kensington Keyfolio Fit Universal Folio with Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard for 9" and 10" Android Tablets UK QWERTY Layout - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Classy option for adding versatility to your tablet, 1 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've been using tablets and smartphones for years now, but I still don't consider them to be devices that I'd do a lot of typing on. Touchscreen keyboards with predictive suggestions are for WhatsApp conversations and quick emails, not for anything longer. The Kensington Keyfolio has added a new dimension to how I'm able to use my ageing tablet.

Looks and build quality:
The case has a matte, slightly rubberised finish that helps grip and presents a sober, businesslike image. It looks good without being flashy. The material also seems quite hard-wearing, and the slight overlap in the corners should help protect the tablet from drops.

The outer cover fastening is magnetic and just strong enough to keep the case closed without making it difficult to open.

My only concern with the build quality is the set of rubber grips that fix onto the corners of the tablet. They're fairly thin and I could imagine them wearing out or snapping eventually.

Set up:
Getting my old tablet (Nook HD+, Cyanogenmod) the recognise the tablet over bluetooth was easy. The input method defaulted to the keyboard without any fiddling.

The keyboard:
The keys are small, as you might expect, but they have decent feedback. If you've ever owned a 10" 'netbook' you'll find that the typing experience is fairly similar. I will note that I've got fairly slender fingers, so hitting the small keys might be tougher if you have large hands. The keys are in a modern 'chiclet' style where there's about a 2mm gap between each key, so that should make it a bit easier to avoid erroneous keypresses.

Overall:
I've taken the Keyfolio and my tablet to the cafe and on short trips where I can't justify the weight of a laptop and it has performed admirably. The word processing experience on Android still can't really compare to using Word on a PC or Mac, but it's totally fine for taking notes on Google Drive or writing Amazon reviews, for instance. Recommended if you fancy adding a productive dimension to your tablet use.

P.KU.VDSL® GENUINE LEATHER RETRO MESSENGET BAG SHOULDER BAG CRAZY HORSEHIDE LEATHER BRIEFCASE SATCHEL BAG SCHOOL BAG OFFICE BAG (Chocolate)
Offered by VanDeSaiL

5.0 out of 5 stars Attractive and sturdy satchel style handbag, 17 Dec. 2014
Length:: 0:51 Mins

Good:
The weathered leather and metal fastenings give the bag an authentic feel.
The construction of the bag seems solid and it's comfortable to carry.
There are multiple usefully sized compartments - you should be able to fit a purse, notepad, kindle, and a few other small items.
It smells great.

Mediocre:
The flaps at the front are a bit too long, especially since they don't attach to anything and aren't adjustable. The actual fastening is in the form of two magnetic snaps on the underside of the flap.

Bad:
Nothing.

Overall, it's a solid little bag and excellent for a jaunt around town.

//This item was provided to me without charge for review.

Mitre BRZ Academy Goalkeeping gloves - Yellow/Blue/Black - 10
Mitre BRZ Academy Goalkeeping gloves - Yellow/Blue/Black - 10

5.0 out of 5 stars Good balance of flexibility, grip, and protection, 16 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These gloves fit true to size.
They're flexible enough to enable throwing and catching with confidence, unlike many gloves on the market which I find quite difficult to move my fingers in. The punch pad on the top of the glove is fit for purpose and also offers a bit of protection for when you're grabbing the ball off the ground and boots are everywhere.
The softer parts of the gloves have taken a beating and have been used in various conditions. Most importantly, the surfaces haven't yet been eroded by rough astroturf.

I'm not a big fan of the colour options, but, to be honest, the colours are hard to see under all the mud.

[USB3.0 Hub + OTG Adapter] Inateck 4-port USB 3.0 Hub Bus-powered with OTG Adapter fits Laptops, Ultrabooks and Tablet PCs and Android Phone and Tabs [Samsung Galaxy S2/ S3/ S4/ NOTE/ NOTE2/ Tabs, Nexus, LG Phone, Sony Phone, HTC Phone]
Offered by Inateck

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, compact option for expanding USB 3.0 connections, 30 Nov. 2014
This hub comes in simple, minimalistic packaging that makes unpacking and recycling easy. It's a fairly small device - it's fairly similar to a Snickers bar in size, so it should fit easily into backpacks, handbags, luggage, and even pockets. The design is simple and unobtrusive, with only the Inateck logo at the top and a brushed metal textured panel around the USB ports for accent. It should fit right in with your other gadgets.

The connector cable comes with an integral USB to micro-USB adapter so it can be used with the larger PC jacks as well as most tablets without proprietary connectors. As you can see in the product images, the cable is about 30cm, which isn't particularly long, but it should be plenty for most users without adding another long cable to get easily tangled up in your bag.

The hub was recognised and installed immediately when I plugged it into my PC running 64bit Windows 8.1 - I didn't have to download any additional drivers and the hub is not packaged with a CD. It just works out of the box, which is what all hardware should do, in my opinion. Since my motherboard only provides 3 USB 3.0 ports, the port expands my options considerably - I'm now able to connect multiple USB 3.0 external hard drives and sticks without an appreciable loss of speed.

Of course, the port also provides backwards compatibility with USB 2.0, so you can still use your older USB devices.

Aside from being useful for giving my PC more ports, this hub also supports USB on-the-go (OTG) connections with phones and tablets. I was able to connect the hub to my Xperia Z3 Compact and transfer files to and from a USB stick. This functionality is extremely useful and could allow me to leave my laptop at home when I'm traveling.

Overall, it's a useful wee device that achieves exactly what it advertises for a decent price.

Puritane E-Cigarette Starter Kit (Nicotine Free)
Puritane E-Cigarette Starter Kit (Nicotine Free)

4.0 out of 5 stars For people who miss the action of smoking, 22 Nov. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The puritans e-cig has the same form and appearance of a regular cigarette: it doesn't look like an alien ballpoint or a sonic screwdriver. The body is made of a matte material rather than a shiny plastic, so it even looks a bit like papers. The tip lights up when you inhale, too.

Despite looking like a cigarette, it's significantly heavier, so it does feel quite different at first. In my opinion, the realistic shape makes the experience similar enough that I can ignore the weight now.

If you're quitting, I'd recommend a starter kit that includes nicotine cartridges, but in a lower dosage rather than going straight to a zero nicotine smoke. You'll still get a healthier smoke and the change won't be as dramatic. This cigarette is for people who have quit, but miss the physical activity of smoking. I started snacking as an alternative to smoking and it was probably more unhealthy. The puritane lets me have some of the ritual of smoking without the drawbacks.

Fisher-Price Jumbo Playmat
Fisher-Price Jumbo Playmat
Offered by Debenhams

3.0 out of 5 stars I don't know if it represents good value for new parents, 18 Nov. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this for my baby nephew and, while it functions as described, I don't know if it represents good value for new parents.

+ It's a soft, safe, easy to clean surface for the baby to lie on, roll around on, and eventually explore on.
+ The characters are appealing, fun, and colourful.
- Unfortunately, the 3D and textured elements are somewhat sparse.
+/- There are loops to add more toys to the mat, but I'd still expect more for the price.

A quick look on amazon for 'playmats' indicates you could either get a more fully featured playmat (such as the jungle themed Fisher-Price one) or spend a little less and get the almost identical Tiny Love Super Playmat.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20