Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer
Top Reviewer Ranking: 908

Amazon Customer (Aberdeen, Scotland)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5 inch Basic SATA Solid State Drive
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5 inch Basic SATA Solid State Drive
Price: 80.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Lightning Quick and Easy to Fit, 20 Aug 2014
I bought this SSD to replace a 128gb Sandisk since I was running out of room on it. I didn't expect it to be so much faster. Windows starts up in about 20 seconds and everything I've installed on it (Photoshop, various IDEs, Office) starts up almost instantaneously. Migrating my installation was extremely easy with the provided software. With this drive, it really seems like SSDs have come of age in terms of value/performance.

Cat Toys Megapack - 1 x Interactive Catnip / Feather Toy On A Stick, 3 x Wicker Bell Balls, 1 x Handmade Mouse Chew Toy - The Best Toy Pack For Cats or Your Kitten! 5 Great Toys / Accessories For Kids to Play With The Cat
Offered by EBJC Trading Ltd
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great selection. My bengal, 20 Aug 2014
Great selection. My bengal, Mowgli, absolutely loves the mouse/bird (it has feathers) on the elasticated string. He's been trotting proudly around the flat with it in his mouth almost every day. He'll also fetch it like a dog when he wants to play. The other components aren't bad either. The set is fairly expensive but the toys do seem higher quality than most of the others I've bought.

Vitility EZ Elbow Crutches Black
Vitility EZ Elbow Crutches Black
Price: 37.69

5.0 out of 5 stars and good looking. I bought these after a bad ankle ..., 20 Aug 2014
Rock solid, light, and good looking. I bought these after a bad ankle sprain and I've found them to be really useful for moving short distances. The grips are wrist friendly and there's plenty of room for adjustment in terms of length. Pushing the springloaded pins down could be a bit tricky if you lack strength in your fingers as they're quite stiff, though.

Nivea For Men Sensitive 100 ml Face Wash
Nivea For Men Sensitive 100 ml Face Wash
Price: 2.90

5.0 out of 5 stars but it's a bit too gentle and doesn't exfoliate as well as I'd like. This facewash cleanses well without being too harsh, 20 Aug 2014
I have sensitive skin and I haven't had much luck with most face washes. They tend to dry my skin out or leave a burning sensation after a wash. I've had luck with Cetaphil, but it's a bit too gentle and doesn't exfoliate as well as I'd like. This facewash cleanses well without being too harsh.

Sony PlayStation DualShock 4 - Jet Black (PS4)
Sony PlayStation DualShock 4 - Jet Black (PS4)
Offered by Global Xpress
Price: 32.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for PC gaming too, 20 Aug 2014
I use this PS4 controller with my PC using free software than makes it show up as a 360 controller. It works perfectly and I much prefer it to the any of the other controllers on the market. The buttons have a solid action, the touchpad is actually quite useful for navigating menus, battery life is decent, and overall it feels like a solid device.

King Soba Organic and Fairtrade Vermicelli Noodles 250 g (Pack of 6)
King Soba Organic and Fairtrade Vermicelli Noodles 250 g (Pack of 6)

4.0 out of 5 stars but I love carbs and noodles, 20 Aug 2014
I try to avoid having lots of wheat, but I love carbs and noodles. These brown rice noodles don't give me heartburn and they taste good. My only problem with them is that they're extremely fragile - cook them for a minute too long and they can turn into paste. I'd recommend submerging them in just-boiled water rather than putting them in a pan at a rolling boil.

Opinel 50's Retro Kitchen Knife Set - Multicoloured
Opinel 50's Retro Kitchen Knife Set - Multicoloured
Price: 26.56

5.0 out of 5 stars A nice gift for anyone you know who has been using ..., 20 Aug 2014
I bought this set of utility knives for my parents, who have been using beat up sainsburys knives for all sorts of kitchen tasks for years. Of course, the first thing they did was complain that these new knives were 'too sharp', but they've come to appreciate the set. I've used them a few times and I'm impressed with the construction quality, appearance, and practicality of each of the pieces. A nice gift for anyone you know who has been using blunt knives for years.

New Balance U420 Shoes - Grey/red
New Balance U420 Shoes - Grey/red
Offered by Surfdome
Price: 59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, 20 Aug 2014
First off, I'll give you an idea of how my sizing goes for other brands of shoe:
Nike Football boots - 11
Merrell trainers - 10
Magnum boots - 9.5-10
Hush Puppies - 10

Given that I'm usually a size 10, I'd say that these U420s (and the other NB trainers I've tried) run fairly small, since 11 is about the right size for me. As with any shoe purchase, I'd recommend trying a pair out in the shop even if you intend to buy online due to price differences or selection.

Other than that, these trainers are comfortable after a short break-in period where the top of my foot felt slightly pinched. They've loosened up since and they look and feel good. I've had them for a couple of months now and they're still in good condition. Overall: recommended if you like this style, but watch out for the sizing.

Cafe Pod Nespresso Compatible Intense x(Pack of 4, Total 40 Pods)
Cafe Pod Nespresso Compatible Intense x(Pack of 4, Total 40 Pods)
Price: 9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Strong if slightly inconsistent, 20 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These pods work well with the Nespresso machine and they present somewhat better value than their branded competitors. They produce a strong tasting and caffeine rich cup in general, although a couple of the pods I received didn't seem to take the water as well as the others, hence the reduction of a star. Maybe a slight quality problem or a difference in the consistency of the coffee? Not sure. Otherwise, they're a good option for anyone with a Nespresso machine.

Colgate A1500 ProClinical Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
Colgate A1500 ProClinical Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
Price: 72.33

3.0 out of 5 stars Powerful brush with debatable extra features, 17 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've owned various electric and 'sonic' toothbrushes over the last few years: two Philips Sonicares and an Omron, who came up with tech behind this brush. Looking at the other reviews, it seems like there's some debate over whether expensive brushes like this are worth it when you can still get a good clean with a manual brush or a cheaper electric one. Personally, I don't know if I'd go back to brushing manually after using sonic brushes. I'm as suspicious of marketing guff as anyone, but I do think you get a better clean with these things.

So how does this brush compare to my previous Sonicare Diamondwhite? Well, according to the marketing blurb, it has a sensor to detect what position I'm holding it in and to adjust the brushing action accordingly. I don't really know how this works as the change in revs seems entirely arbitrary: I could be holding it at an identical angle in an identical part of my mouth and it will present two totally different frequencies. This leads to a somewhat irritating noise and sensation as the motor cycles up and down with the brushing action. Don't get me wrong - all sonic toothbrushes sound like mini jet engines, but the variance of this brush on the sensor setting is uniquely irritating.

Fortunately, you can opt to ignore the sensor mode and just have it on one setting. This gives a good, powerful brush and it definitely leaves my teeth feeling clean. The brush heads supplied feel a little different the Sonicare ones I was using before, mainly with the addition of the finer bristles on the sides. I'd say they're slightly better at getting between teeth than the Sonicare ones, but it isn't a huge difference. The brush itself is comfortable to hold and use, with a kink in its stem that makes it fairly easy to get to my back teeth.

Whether or not the brush will be good value to you at the price is difficult to say. The Sonicare HX9332/04 is a bit cheaper and will give you a similar brush. It lacks the sensor mode. For me, that isn't a great loss. I'd like to say: go and try out a few in the shop to check out their mouth-feel, but that's probably illegal. Toothbrushes aren't headphones or guitars. I wouldn't go without a powerful motorised brush nowadays though, and the price isn't extortionate when you consider it's something that should be used twice, maybe three times a day.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20