Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer
Top Reviewer Ranking: 906

Amazon Customer (Aberdeen, Scotland)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Bitmore Juucee 2600mAh Ultra Compact Portable Battery Backup Charger with LED Torch
Price: 12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good: Small enough to be pocketable and not too ..., 23 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Good:
Small enough to be pocketable and not too heavy.
Solidly constructed with squared off corners so it doesn't roll around if you put it on a table.
Powerful enough to keep a phone going in a pinch.
The wee flashlight is a nice addition. Still useful even if it isn't super bright.

Mediocre:
It charges the phone quite slowly.
The capacity is not huge, but it should be enough to top up most phones from the brink.
Covers over the USB ports would be nice to stop dust and dirt from getting in, especially since I envisage this sitting at the bottom of bags and handbags.

Bad:
Nothing really.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 25, 2014 2:48 PM BST

Logitech P710e Mobile Speaker
Logitech P710e Mobile Speaker
Offered by Okobe UK
Price: 109.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Smartphones nowadays are certainly smart, but the latter part of the neologism has ..., 22 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Smartphones nowadays are certainly smart, but the latter part of the neologism has been neglected. Almost every smartphone I've used has a suboptimal speaker/mic, especially for when I want to talk to someone without holding a hot phone to my ear.

The P710e goes a long way to solving some of the problems I have with call quality on my phone, and it's also useful for Skype. Pairing it was easy with my N4 and the clarity of its speaker vastly exceeded that of the phone. Apparently my voice came through clearer than with the regular mic, too, even though I was quite a bit further away from the device. The speaker also worked without hassle with Skype on my PC and it was nice not to have to wear a headset while talking. Speech comes through clearly and the controls on the front are easy to use.

The speaker itself is typical modern Logitech - decent quality black plastic in an understated design. It won't blow you away but it looks businesslike and should fit perfectly in most offices. The speaker includes a slot so you can set your phone in the centre for handsfree talking/video calls.

I'd recommend the P710e to anyone makes a lot of calls but is dissatisfied with the quality on their mobile or headset. I'd also recommend it to businesses with a new for portable conferencing.

Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5 inch Basic SATA Solid State Drive
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5 inch Basic SATA Solid State Drive
Price: 83.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lightning Quick and Easy to Fit, 20 Aug 2014
I bought this SSD to replace a 128gb Sandisk since I was running out of room on it. I didn't expect it to be so much faster. Windows starts up in about 20 seconds and everything I've installed on it (Photoshop, various IDEs, Office) starts up almost instantaneously. Migrating my installation was extremely easy with the provided software. With this drive, it really seems like SSDs have come of age in terms of value/performance.

Cat Toys Megapack - 1 x Interactive Catnip / Feather Toy On A Stick, 3 x Wicker Bell Balls, 1 x Handmade Mouse Chew Toy - The Best Toy Pack For Cats or Your Kitten! 5 Great Toys / Accessories For Kids to Play With The Cat
Offered by EBJC Trading Ltd
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great selection. My bengal, 20 Aug 2014
Great selection. My bengal, Mowgli, absolutely loves the mouse/bird (it has feathers) on the elasticated string. He's been trotting proudly around the flat with it in his mouth almost every day. He'll also fetch it like a dog when he wants to play. The other components aren't bad either. The set is fairly expensive but the toys do seem higher quality than most of the others I've bought.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 27, 2014 9:58 PM BST

Vitility EZ Elbow Crutches Black
Vitility EZ Elbow Crutches Black
Price: 37.69

5.0 out of 5 stars and good looking. I bought these after a bad ankle ..., 20 Aug 2014
Rock solid, light, and good looking. I bought these after a bad ankle sprain and I've found them to be really useful for moving short distances. The grips are wrist friendly and there's plenty of room for adjustment in terms of length. Pushing the springloaded pins down could be a bit tricky if you lack strength in your fingers as they're quite stiff, though.

Nivea For Men Sensitive 100 ml Face Wash
Nivea For Men Sensitive 100 ml Face Wash
Price: 4.00

5.0 out of 5 stars but it's a bit too gentle and doesn't exfoliate as well as I'd like. This facewash cleanses well without being too harsh, 20 Aug 2014
I have sensitive skin and I haven't had much luck with most face washes. They tend to dry my skin out or leave a burning sensation after a wash. I've had luck with Cetaphil, but it's a bit too gentle and doesn't exfoliate as well as I'd like. This facewash cleanses well without being too harsh.

Sony PlayStation DualShock 4 - Jet Black (PS4)
Sony PlayStation DualShock 4 - Jet Black (PS4)
Offered by DotWell Electronics
Price: 42.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for PC gaming too, 20 Aug 2014
I use this PS4 controller with my PC using free software than makes it show up as a 360 controller. It works perfectly and I much prefer it to the any of the other controllers on the market. The buttons have a solid action, the touchpad is actually quite useful for navigating menus, battery life is decent, and overall it feels like a solid device.

King Soba Organic and Fairtrade Vermicelli Noodles 250 g (Pack of 6)
King Soba Organic and Fairtrade Vermicelli Noodles 250 g (Pack of 6)

4.0 out of 5 stars but I love carbs and noodles, 20 Aug 2014
I try to avoid having lots of wheat, but I love carbs and noodles. These brown rice noodles don't give me heartburn and they taste good. My only problem with them is that they're extremely fragile - cook them for a minute too long and they can turn into paste. I'd recommend submerging them in just-boiled water rather than putting them in a pan at a rolling boil.

Opinel 50's Retro Kitchen Knife Set - Multicoloured
Opinel 50's Retro Kitchen Knife Set - Multicoloured
Price: 26.31

5.0 out of 5 stars A nice gift for anyone you know who has been using ..., 20 Aug 2014
I bought this set of utility knives for my parents, who have been using beat up sainsburys knives for all sorts of kitchen tasks for years. Of course, the first thing they did was complain that these new knives were 'too sharp', but they've come to appreciate the set. I've used them a few times and I'm impressed with the construction quality, appearance, and practicality of each of the pieces. A nice gift for anyone you know who has been using blunt knives for years.

New Balance U420 Shoes - Grey/red
New Balance U420 Shoes - Grey/red
Offered by Surfdome
Price: 59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, 20 Aug 2014
First off, I'll give you an idea of how my sizing goes for other brands of shoe:
Nike Football boots - 11
Merrell trainers - 10
Magnum boots - 9.5-10
Hush Puppies - 10

Given that I'm usually a size 10, I'd say that these U420s (and the other NB trainers I've tried) run fairly small, since 11 is about the right size for me. As with any shoe purchase, I'd recommend trying a pair out in the shop even if you intend to buy online due to price differences or selection.

Other than that, these trainers are comfortable after a short break-in period where the top of my foot felt slightly pinched. They've loosened up since and they look and feel good. I've had them for a couple of months now and they're still in good condition. Overall: recommended if you like this style, but watch out for the sizing.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20