Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
NoveltyThunder® - Black New Flat Metal 1M Long Strong Magnetic Charger Adaptor USB Cable With Led Light Charging Lead For Sony Xperia Z1 Z2 Z3 Compact Mini - Super High Quality (Black)
Offered by NoveltyThunder

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm a bit worried that the flap protecting the ports ..., 26 Jun. 2015
I'm a bit worried that the flap protecting the ports on my Z3 compact will break and I got tired of having to open it up whenever I needed to charge the phone, so I decided to buy this magnetic charger. The charger works well and seems to be about as quick as a cable, but I find attaching it to the charging port on the phone a bit fiddly. My other gripe is the extremely bright LED that shines from the back of the charger whether it's charging the phone or not. A more subdued LED or one that changes colour to indicate charging state would be welcome.

I'm going to keep using the magnetic charger for now, although it isn't quite as convenient as I had hoped.

Mens Bamboo Super Soft Socks - 3 Pack - UK Size 6-11 (pale green/grey/grey-green)
Offered by 1107 Products

5.0 out of 5 stars They're comfortable and breathable without being too thin, 26 Jun. 2015
I've been impressed with these bamboo socks. They're comfortable and breathable without being too thin, and they've held up to quite a lot of walking lately. I took them on holiday with me in California and, when I had to wear socks, these were able to vent some of the steam from my molten feet.

D'Addario EXP16 with NY Steel Phosphor Bronze Acoustic Guitar Strings, Coated, Light, 12-53

5.0 out of 5 stars Pricey, but worth it, 26 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I try to avoid changing the strings on my acoustic long after they've lost their brightness and their ability to stay in-tune, so any string that purports to increase the longevity of these qualities is welcome, even if the price is a bit higher than other strings.

Restringing using the D'Addarios is about as much of a hassle as any other set of strings, but it's certainly no worse, and the colour-coded sizes are a nice usability feature.

The difference between these and my old Ernie Ball Light acoustic strings is marked, even based on how I remember the Ernies sounding when I first used them. The tone is bright and 'lively'. After a few weeks of playing about 20 minutes a day, sometimes more, the tuning has held up well. Based on this, I expect the EXP16s to maintain their tone and tuning a lot better than my previous set of strings.

Officially Licensed Twin Docking Station - Black (PS4)
Officially Licensed Twin Docking Station - Black (PS4)

4.0 out of 5 stars I also dislike cables in general, 19 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Judging from my experience with the unreplaceable batteries that came with my PS3, I kind of expect my dual shock 4 controllers to eventually need charging every 20 minutes of use. I also dislike cables in general, so anything that reduces their number on my desk is welcome.

This charging station comes with extra batteries that attach to your dualshock 4 controllers without adding too much weight. They work in conjunction with the existing battery inside the controller, extending the uptime to 18hrs according to the manufacturer. It's a difficult thing to test, but I have noticed that they can go for a lot longer without charging.

The dock is made of glossy black plastic, so it should fit in nicely with the black PS4 and most other home entertaintment equipment. I found inserting the controllers to by quite easy, but it can be a little fiddly to take them out without detaching the battery packs. There's a knack to wiggling them out which takes a little while to learn, hence the loss of a star.

Overall: a good way to extend the battery life of your controllers as well as get rid of some clutter.

Bosch TWK86104GB Styline Kettle, Red
Bosch TWK86104GB Styline Kettle, Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Good: +Adjustable temperature setting works really well for situations ..., 26 May 2015
Good:
+Adjustable temperature setting works really well for situations where you don't need almost-boiling water, like for steeping green tea or filling a hot water bottle.
+It looks great even after a year of daily use: easy to clean and durable.
+The lid seems solid.
+Boils quickly.

Mediocre:
= The filter at the top can fall out on occasion and can be slightly fiddly to get back in.

Bad:
Nothing.

Overall: an excellent kettle that looks great and functions well.

Black Ink Superior Ballpoint Pen by Yoropen
Black Ink Superior Ballpoint Pen by Yoropen
Offered by I Love Pens

4.0 out of 5 stars A good option, 18 May 2015
I bought this pen to carry me through the hours of note-taking and exams involved in getting an Open University degree. I have a cramped writing style that leads to cramped muscles in my hand, so any pen that allows me to change my grip for a while to relieve the overworked muscles is very useful to me. The Yoropen writes about as well as any Biro, and I find the grip less fatiguing than most pens.

My only quibble is that the plastic is quite fragile: my first one broke after only a few days. However, that pen may have been an outlier, as I've been using the replacement the seller sent me for over a year.

Russell Hobbs 4-Slice Long Toaster
Russell Hobbs 4-Slice Long Toaster

2.0 out of 5 stars The only problem is that the slots are pretty thin. You'll struggle to get croissants, 3 May 2015
This attractive toaster should fit in well with most other dark themed kitchens and appliances. The timer is reliable and the toasting is even. The only problem is that the slots are pretty thin. You'll struggle to get croissants, bagels, and other items thicker than bread slices in there. It's a dealbreaker for me.

GRDE® Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.0 Earphones, Splash-proof Sweatproof Headphones, Headsets with NFC Function for iPhone, Samsung, HTC, LG and Other Mobile Phones with Bluetooth(black)
Offered by GRDESUPPLY

4.0 out of 5 stars *This is a review of a free sample* Good: Cool futuristic design - I really like how ..., 3 May 2015
*This is a review of a free sample*

Good:
Cool futuristic design - I really like how these headphones look. Although sleek black casing and silver buttons is a familiar colour combination, it works very well here.
Easy to set up - I followed the instructions for setting up the headphones via bluetooth on my Sony Z3C. Took about a minute, and there was no bluetooth authentication code required. The signal is stronger than many bluetooth headphones I've owned in the past: they haven't cut out once since I've been using them.

The sound is loud and slightly harsh, but it's fine for when I'm running or walking to work. I would not buy these with the expectation of listening to the Brandenburg Concertos in high definition while reclining on a chaise-longue.

Mediocre:
The buttons are just a little too small and un-differentiated for my liking. I usually find this with bluetooth headphones though, so it isn't necessarily a criticism of these in particular. It's difficult to put truly user-friendly buttons on such a small headset. I've skipped tracks instead of turning the volume up while running a few times, but I expect I'll get used to the feel soon.

The headband is not adjustable, so if you have a particularly large or small head, you may find it difficult to achieve a good fit.

Bad:
The volume declaring when the headphones are being powered on, off, or pairing is far too loud.

Overall, a good value, good looking set of headphones for when you're out and about.

Sabrent USB External Stereo Sound Adapter for Windows and Mac. Plug and play No drivers Needed. (AU-MMSA)
Offered by Store4PC-Europe

5.0 out of 5 stars Does its job and at a good price., 3 May 2015
The adapter was recognised by windows as soon as I plugged it in and it works well with the regular headphones and mics I've tried with it. Does its job and at a good price.

Lavievert Auto Open Umbrella Long Umbrella, Classic Style with Bent Handle, Durable and Strong Enough For the Wind and Rain, Unisex Umbrella , Cool Color - Black
Offered by lavievert

4.0 out of 5 stars A good value, simple umbrella, 3 May 2015
Length:: 0:23 Mins

*This umbrella was supplied to me as a sample*

As you can see from the video, this restrained looking black umbrella is light enough to open easily with one hand. It's a long umbrella - about as long as a walking stick, and it has a radius fit for you and a close companion. Not quite as wide as a golf umbrella, but certainly wider than most compact auto-open models. The articulated supports look flexible and seem solid enough, although I have not been out in any extreme weather with it yet.

The built quality is good, although the unadorned black plastic handle feels slightly cheap: the seam from the mould is easy to feel and the shape is a bit too regular - it could do with a little more material in the middle perhaps.

Overall, a good value and attractive umbrella.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20