Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Russell Hobbs 4-Slice Long Toaster
Russell Hobbs 4-Slice Long Toaster

2.0 out of 5 stars The only problem is that the slots are pretty thin. You'll struggle to get croissants, 3 May 2015
This attractive toaster should fit in well with most other dark themed kitchens and appliances. The timer is reliable and the toasting is even. The only problem is that the slots are pretty thin. You'll struggle to get croissants, bagels, and other items thicker than bread slices in there. It's a dealbreaker for me.

GRDE® Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.0 Headset, Splash-proof Sweatproof Earphone, Headphone with NFC Function. Support Mute Mode, Call, Answer and Redial the Last Number for Iphone, Samsung, HTC, LG, Motorola and Other Mobile Phones with Bluetooth and NFC (black)
Offered by GRDESUPPLY

4.0 out of 5 stars *This is a review of a free sample* Good: Cool futuristic design - I really like how ..., 3 May 2015
*This is a review of a free sample*

Good:
Cool futuristic design - I really like how these headphones look. Although sleek black casing and silver buttons is a familiar colour combination, it works very well here.
Easy to set up - I followed the instructions for setting up the headphones via bluetooth on my Sony Z3C. Took about a minute, and there was no bluetooth authentication code required. The signal is stronger than many bluetooth headphones I've owned in the past: they haven't cut out once since I've been using them.

The sound is loud and slightly harsh, but it's fine for when I'm running or walking to work. I would not buy these with the expectation of listening to the Brandenburg Concertos in high definition while reclining on a chaise-longue.

Mediocre:
The buttons are just a little too small and un-differentiated for my liking. I usually find this with bluetooth headphones though, so it isn't necessarily a criticism of these in particular. It's difficult to put truly user-friendly buttons on such a small headset. I've skipped tracks instead of turning the volume up while running a few times, but I expect I'll get used to the feel soon.

The headband is not adjustable, so if you have a particularly large or small head, you may find it difficult to achieve a good fit.

Bad:
The volume declaring when the headphones are being powered on, off, or pairing is far too loud.

Overall, a good value, good looking set of headphones for when you're out and about.

Sabrent USB External Stereo Sound Adapter for Windows and Mac. Plug and play No drivers Needed. (AU-MMSA)
Offered by Store4PC-Europe

5.0 out of 5 stars Does its job and at a good price., 3 May 2015
The adapter was recognised by windows as soon as I plugged it in and it works well with the regular headphones and mics I've tried with it. Does its job and at a good price.

Lavievert Auto Open Umbrella Long Umbrella, Classic Style with Bent Handle, Durable and Strong Enough For the Wind and Rain, Unisex Umbrella , Cool Color - Black
Offered by lavievert

4.0 out of 5 stars A good value, simple umbrella, 3 May 2015
Length:: 0:23 Mins

*This umbrella was supplied to me as a sample*

As you can see from the video, this restrained looking black umbrella is light enough to open easily with one hand. It's a long umbrella - about as long as a walking stick, and it has a radius fit for you and a close companion. Not quite as wide as a golf umbrella, but certainly wider than most compact auto-open models. The articulated supports look flexible and seem solid enough, although I have not been out in any extreme weather with it yet.

The built quality is good, although the unadorned black plastic handle feels slightly cheap: the seam from the mould is easy to feel and the shape is a bit too regular - it could do with a little more material in the middle perhaps.

Overall, a good value and attractive umbrella.

Apexel 180 Degree Fish Eye/Wide Angle/Micro Lens Kit for Smartphone
Apexel 180 Degree Fish Eye/Wide Angle/Micro Lens Kit for Smartphone
Offered by Tech Leader

4.0 out of 5 stars Extend the versatility of your phone camera, 21 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Like many people, I use my phone as my primary photography tool because it's always with me. Phone camera technology has come on in leaps and bounds in the last few years and I'm usually happy with what my Sony Z3C produces.

But the lens does have its limitations, and this set of optics from Apexel definitely helps make my phone a more versatile imaging tool.

The lenses come in a small protective case. At first, you may think that one of the three lenses hasn't shipped, since it looks like there are only two pieces and a holder. The macro and wide lenses come as a set, and need to be unscrewed for separate use. I think this is probably due to the small size of the macro lens - it would perhaps be difficult to package it in the foam if it wasn't attached to the larger lens.

The plastic clip has a flexible grip that you push the lenses into. This is fairly easy, although I worry that the clip will break after a while, since it feels quite fragile. Removing the lenses can be a little fiddly if you really don't want to touch the glass.

Each lens works as advertised, although the sensor on my phone is perhaps too big for the fisheye lens, since there's a faint black outline on the pictures I've taken with it. The effect is still quite pronounced and more interesting than just using an app to achieve it, however.

I'm most impressed with the macro lens. Extremely detailed shots with a great depth-of-field effect are possible.

Overall, if you're interested in phone photography and want to go beyond Instagram filters, this set of lenses should provide hours of fun. Be careful with the clip, though!

I've added a couple of pictures I took with the lenses to the page if you want to see the effects.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Timberland Greeley Ftp Approach Low Leather Gtx, Men Multisport Outdoor Shoes
Timberland Greeley Ftp Approach Low Leather Gtx, Men Multisport Outdoor Shoes
Price: £82.71 - £108.41

4.0 out of 5 stars A size 10 pair of these fits like a 9, 17 April 2015
My fit is somewhere between a UK 9 and 10. A size 10 pair of these fits like a 9.5, so they're ideal for me. You may want to go a size up if you have wide feet.

These waterproof walking shoes are lightweight, comfortable, and look good. They didn't need any breaking in, no new-shoe discomfort. The gore-tex works well at keeping my feet dry without reducing breathability too much.

My only concern is that the rubber on the sole seems to be wearing out quick quickly.

YCM11A02 Mens Wallet Green Creative Fashion Stainless Steel Money Clip With 10 Plastic Card Holder Black Fine Leather Wallet Fitted Gentlemen By Y&G
Offered by Men's Fashion

4.0 out of 5 stars which seems like a more minimalistic version of this one, 15 April 2015
I usually prefer to just use a moneyclip with a card holder, but I thought I'd try this wallet since it seemed quite slimline. I suppose it is, compared to regular wallets, but it's still a little too big for my liking. The clear plastic card storage also feels really flimsy, so I may remove it to reduce bulk. There are plenty of pockets for cards and they're sized to hold your cards firmly in place without making it too difficult to remove them. I may check out the YG magic wallet, which seems like a more minimalistic version of this one.

Mool Deluxe Cat Activity Centre and Scratching Tree/ Post with Hidey-Hole/ 3 Viewing Platforms, 110 cm, Beige

4.0 out of 5 stars this one seems to present the best value. You get three scratching posts, 15 April 2015
Compared to the other cat trees on offer for a similar price, this one seems to present the best value. You get three scratching posts, two baubles on elasticated string, three napping platforms, and a nice hidey-hole for not a lot of cash. My bengal and my ragdoll have been going mental on it since I assembled it yesterday and I expect it be used until destroyed.

Assembly was easy - there are only 4 screws - and took about 5 minutes. The middle platform is very solid since it has two supports, but the top platform is a little wobbly. Unless you have 30lb wildcat, it should be fine, though.

OXO Good Grips Smooth Potato Masher
OXO Good Grips Smooth Potato Masher
Offered by EasihomeCookshop

5.0 out of 5 stars + Rubber grip is easy to hold and allows for maximum mashing force to ..., 15 April 2015
+ Rubber grip is easy to hold and allows for maximum mashing force to be exerted.
+ The stainless masher disintegrates potatoes and other vegetables quickly and smoothly.
+ The whole thing is easy to clean.

Panasonic ALL3 Wireless Speaker System (Black)
Panasonic ALL3 Wireless Speaker System (Black)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good way to fill your home with music, 15 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The speaker has a no-nonsense industrial aesthetic that appeals to me. The heavy black plastic and metal grille lend it a feel of quality and solidity. That's fine by me, but I could understand someone expecting a little more of a luxury feel for this price. The speaker itself has no display to indicate the track its playing, and the only visual indicators are some LEDs behind the grille that represent power and connection. Soft-touch buttons on the top of the speaker for volume and power lack visibility and feedback. If a device has physical controls, I'd prefer them to have more tactile response.

Set-up was very quick and easy via wireless on my Xperia Z3C. The manual recommends installing the Panasonic music streaming app, but I found I was able to use the speaker through Spotify without it. You'll need the app if you want to stream using other sources and to update firmware on the device, however. The Music Streaming app itself is fairly easy to use and serves as a way of organising your sources of music, although the actual playing will normally occur via the native apps (Spotify, Rhapsody etc).

Worth noting is that you can control the speaker via the desktop version of Spotify as well, which is what I've been doing because the sound quality of the All3 is just a wee bit better than my desktop speakers.

The All3 is about the size of a loaf of bread and includes 4 small woofers and tweeters. It's a lot louder and fills a room with music more easily than the battery powered wireless speakers I've owned in the past. Definitely a good choice for parties, since you can turn it up to pretty high levels without any distortion.

The sound is definitely balanced for treble and bass, with the bass being particularly impressive for a device of this size. Some of the midrange is lost due to this, and I was never able to get a completely satisfactory vocal sound out of the speaker despite using the equaliser in the app.

The detail the speaker puts out is exceptional, though, and it's especially noticeable in live recordings. You'll hear performers shifting in their seats between tunes, fingers moving on frets, the intake of a singer's breath. Really good for a single speaker. In general, the All3 provides a full and detailed sound, only marred by a slight lack of warmth and depth in vocal tracks.

Overall, the All3 is a good way to fill your house with music. It's easy to control via apps like spotify and apparently Panasonic are adding to the list of supported services.

A complaint that I haven't seen in the other reviews, so it may be specific to my unit, is that it has a strong smell of ozone, and has since its first operation. I've had other speakers with a strong ozone smell and usually it's meant there's a fried electronic component. I expect the unit I was sent was just defective or it was damaged in transit. The speaker still functions as well as it should, I think, but I full expect it to fail when the half-fired component becomes fully-fried.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20