Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Amazon Customer

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Bosch TWK86104GB Styline Kettle, Red
Bosch TWK86104GB Styline Kettle, Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Good: +Adjustable temperature setting works really well for situations ..., 26 May 2015
Good:
+Adjustable temperature setting works really well for situations where you don't need almost-boiling water, like for steeping green tea or filling a hot water bottle.
+It looks great even after a year of daily use: easy to clean and durable.
+The lid seems solid.
+Boils quickly.

Mediocre:
= The filter at the top can fall out on occasion and can be slightly fiddly to get back in.

Bad:
Nothing.

Overall: an excellent kettle that looks great and functions well.

Black Ink Superior Ballpoint Pen by Yoropen
Black Ink Superior Ballpoint Pen by Yoropen
Offered by I Love Pens

4.0 out of 5 stars A good option, 18 May 2015
I bought this pen to carry me through the hours of note-taking and exams involved in getting an Open University degree. I have a cramped writing style that leads to cramped muscles in my hand, so any pen that allows me to change my grip for a while to relieve the overworked muscles is very useful to me. The Yoropen writes about as well as any Biro, and I find the grip less fatiguing than most pens.

My only quibble is that the plastic is quite fragile: my first one broke after only a few days. However, that pen may have been an outlier, as I've been using the replacement the seller sent me for over a year.

Russell Hobbs 4-Slice Long Toaster
Russell Hobbs 4-Slice Long Toaster

2.0 out of 5 stars The only problem is that the slots are pretty thin. You'll struggle to get croissants, 3 May 2015
This attractive toaster should fit in well with most other dark themed kitchens and appliances. The timer is reliable and the toasting is even. The only problem is that the slots are pretty thin. You'll struggle to get croissants, bagels, and other items thicker than bread slices in there. It's a dealbreaker for me.

GRDE® Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.0 Headset, Splash-proof Sweatproof Earphone, Headphone with NFC Function. Support Mute Mode, Call, Answer and Redial the Last Number for Iphone, Samsung, HTC, LG, Motorola and Other Mobile Phones with Bluetooth and NFC (black)
Offered by GRDESUPPLY

4.0 out of 5 stars *This is a review of a free sample* Good: Cool futuristic design - I really like how ..., 3 May 2015
*This is a review of a free sample*

Good:
Cool futuristic design - I really like how these headphones look. Although sleek black casing and silver buttons is a familiar colour combination, it works very well here.
Easy to set up - I followed the instructions for setting up the headphones via bluetooth on my Sony Z3C. Took about a minute, and there was no bluetooth authentication code required. The signal is stronger than many bluetooth headphones I've owned in the past: they haven't cut out once since I've been using them.

The sound is loud and slightly harsh, but it's fine for when I'm running or walking to work. I would not buy these with the expectation of listening to the Brandenburg Concertos in high definition while reclining on a chaise-longue.

Mediocre:
The buttons are just a little too small and un-differentiated for my liking. I usually find this with bluetooth headphones though, so it isn't necessarily a criticism of these in particular. It's difficult to put truly user-friendly buttons on such a small headset. I've skipped tracks instead of turning the volume up while running a few times, but I expect I'll get used to the feel soon.

The headband is not adjustable, so if you have a particularly large or small head, you may find it difficult to achieve a good fit.

Bad:
The volume declaring when the headphones are being powered on, off, or pairing is far too loud.

Overall, a good value, good looking set of headphones for when you're out and about.

Sabrent USB External Stereo Sound Adapter for Windows and Mac. Plug and play No drivers Needed. (AU-MMSA)
Offered by Store4PC-Europe

5.0 out of 5 stars Does its job and at a good price., 3 May 2015
The adapter was recognised by windows as soon as I plugged it in and it works well with the regular headphones and mics I've tried with it. Does its job and at a good price.

Lavievert Auto Open Umbrella Long Umbrella, Classic Style with Bent Handle, Durable and Strong Enough For the Wind and Rain, Unisex Umbrella , Cool Color - Black
Offered by lavievert

4.0 out of 5 stars A good value, simple umbrella, 3 May 2015
Length:: 0:23 Mins

*This umbrella was supplied to me as a sample*

As you can see from the video, this restrained looking black umbrella is light enough to open easily with one hand. It's a long umbrella - about as long as a walking stick, and it has a radius fit for you and a close companion. Not quite as wide as a golf umbrella, but certainly wider than most compact auto-open models. The articulated supports look flexible and seem solid enough, although I have not been out in any extreme weather with it yet.

The built quality is good, although the unadorned black plastic handle feels slightly cheap: the seam from the mould is easy to feel and the shape is a bit too regular - it could do with a little more material in the middle perhaps.

Overall, a good value and attractive umbrella.

Apexel 180 Degree Fish Eye Lens + Wide Angle Lens + Micro Lens Kit for iPhone 4 4S 4G 5 5G 5S 5C 6 Plus Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 S3 I9300 S4 I9500 S5 S6 Note I9220 Note2 N7100 Note3 Note 4 mini i8190 S7562 HTC LG Black (No Dark Circle by the Fisheye Lens)
Offered by TopBrandBoxUK

4.0 out of 5 stars Extend the versatility of your phone camera, 21 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Like many people, I use my phone as my primary photography tool because it's always with me. Phone camera technology has come on in leaps and bounds in the last few years and I'm usually happy with what my Sony Z3C produces.

But the lens does have its limitations, and this set of optics from Apexel definitely helps make my phone a more versatile imaging tool.

The lenses come in a small protective case. At first, you may think that one of the three lenses hasn't shipped, since it looks like there are only two pieces and a holder. The macro and wide lenses come as a set, and need to be unscrewed for separate use. I think this is probably due to the small size of the macro lens - it would perhaps be difficult to package it in the foam if it wasn't attached to the larger lens.

The plastic clip has a flexible grip that you push the lenses into. This is fairly easy, although I worry that the clip will break after a while, since it feels quite fragile. Removing the lenses can be a little fiddly if you really don't want to touch the glass.

Each lens works as advertised, although the sensor on my phone is perhaps too big for the fisheye lens, since there's a faint black outline on the pictures I've taken with it. The effect is still quite pronounced and more interesting than just using an app to achieve it, however.

I'm most impressed with the macro lens. Extremely detailed shots with a great depth-of-field effect are possible.

Overall, if you're interested in phone photography and want to go beyond Instagram filters, this set of lenses should provide hours of fun. Be careful with the clip, though!

I've added a couple of pictures I took with the lenses to the page if you want to see the effects.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Timberland Greeley Ftp Approach Low Leather Gtx, Men Multisport Outdoor Shoes
Timberland Greeley Ftp Approach Low Leather Gtx, Men Multisport Outdoor Shoes
Price: £82.93 - £112.91

4.0 out of 5 stars A size 10 pair of these fits like a 9, 17 April 2015
My fit is somewhere between a UK 9 and 10. A size 10 pair of these fits like a 9.5, so they're ideal for me. You may want to go a size up if you have wide feet.

These waterproof walking shoes are lightweight, comfortable, and look good. They didn't need any breaking in, no new-shoe discomfort. The gore-tex works well at keeping my feet dry without reducing breathability too much.

My only concern is that the rubber on the sole seems to be wearing out quick quickly.

YCM11A02 Mens Wallet Green Creative Fashion Stainless Steel Money Clip With 10 Plastic Card Holder Black Fine Leather Wallet Fitted Gentlemen By Y&G
Offered by Men's Fashion

4.0 out of 5 stars which seems like a more minimalistic version of this one, 15 April 2015
I usually prefer to just use a moneyclip with a card holder, but I thought I'd try this wallet since it seemed quite slimline. I suppose it is, compared to regular wallets, but it's still a little too big for my liking. The clear plastic card storage also feels really flimsy, so I may remove it to reduce bulk. There are plenty of pockets for cards and they're sized to hold your cards firmly in place without making it too difficult to remove them. I may check out the YG magic wallet, which seems like a more minimalistic version of this one.

Mool Deluxe Cat Activity Centre and Scratching Tree/ Post with Hidey-Hole/ 3 Viewing Platforms, 110 cm, Beige

4.0 out of 5 stars this one seems to present the best value. You get three scratching posts, 15 April 2015
Compared to the other cat trees on offer for a similar price, this one seems to present the best value. You get three scratching posts, two baubles on elasticated string, three napping platforms, and a nice hidey-hole for not a lot of cash. My bengal and my ragdoll have been going mental on it since I assembled it yesterday and I expect it be used until destroyed.

Assembly was easy - there are only 4 screws - and took about 5 minutes. The middle platform is very solid since it has two supports, but the top platform is a little wobbly. Unless you have 30lb wildcat, it should be fine, though.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20