Profile for John Russell > Reviews

Content by John Russell

John Russell "TiptreeJam" (Tiptree, UK)

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12
Alistair Cooke: The Essential Letters from America: The 1960s
Alistair Cooke: The Essential Letters from America: The 1960s
by Alistair Cooke

5.0 out of 5 stars An Inspiration, 12 Sept. 2010
Wishing to take a break from just listening to music, I was looking for something different to load onto my MP3 player. There are a lot of audio books out there but they are often a bit of a let down because the person reading the book does not inspire the listener. I have found a few people whose audio titles provide an insight into history, politics, or science which I find very interesting and the way they deliver the `stories' brings inspiration. Alistair Cook is one of them and I just wish there were more of his `Letters from America' available on audio. You can however listen to more on the BBC website archive.

If you are interested the others are Spike Milligan / War diaries, Tony Benn / Diaries, & Dr Karl / Great Moments in Science.

Two Way Tap Adaptor for Garden Hose
Two Way Tap Adaptor for Garden Hose
Offered by Price Attack Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars A little spurt!, 12 Sept. 2010
I had to send it back as soon as I tried to use it as it leaked quite a bit (small jet of water)where one of the hose adapters joins the main body of the adapter. May have been unlucky or you get what you pay for.

Giants
Giants

5.0 out of 5 stars Both New and Original Flavour, 29 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Giants (Audio CD)
I have been a Chicane fan for many years. This album has a great mix of tracks. Some tracks sound like from the era of 'Behind The Sun' and some from the more recent 'Somersault'. I only downloaded a few tracks from 'Somersault' but have downloaded the whole album for 'Giants'. Great work guys.

HTC Desire Sim Free Mobile Phone - Mocha
HTC Desire Sim Free Mobile Phone - Mocha

5.0 out of 5 stars "Without a sense of urgency, Desire loses its value.", 24 Jun. 2010
This is my first smart phone. In the past i have mainly had Nokia phones but found myself wanting to use the internet more and more, needing a bigger screen, and wanting a phone to do more. I looked at Nokia and Blackberry phones but felt their technology was lacking and discounted Apple phones as i just dislike how Apple operate and tie you down to using a product how they want you to use it (and they do not have Flash). In the end I decided I wanted an Android phone and the Desire seemed to be the best on offer.

The phone has been just great to use and i find now that I do not switch on my Notebook as much. It is so much quicker to browse the internet and check my emails using the phone which is always on (waiting for Windows 7 to boot on my Notebook is a bit of a pain so I may be looking to install the Google operating system on this later this year as well). So many applications / widgets to download and I have bought some as well and the store should get better over time.

The only negative things have been down to Google and not the phone itself e.g. Google gmail stopped automatically checking my other email accounts (they have fixed this) and some phone applications stopped working when I changed my email address from @googlemail to @gmail at Google's suggestion (this was fixed with a phone hardware reset).

So overall a great phone and I cannot wait for version 2.2. of Android coming out soon.

5 x DuraSec ClearTec screen protection film for HTC Desire
5 x DuraSec ClearTec screen protection film for HTC Desire

5.0 out of 5 stars It is clear to see, 21 May 2010
A great set of protection film for the HTC Desire for a reasonable price. Like all films they are a bit of a fiddle to apply to the screen but they do protect it even if you cannot always get all the air bubbles out. With five in the pack I can always change them after a time anyway. I would not consider using the phone without protective film as one scratch on the display and you will notice it every time you use the phone.

iTALKonline Twin Power Charging Pack 3 Pin UK Power Mains Home/Office and In Car Charger with LED Indicator (CE & ROHS Certified) for HTC Desire
Offered by iTALKonline-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Cannon and Ball, 21 May 2010
A great double act of a 12v charger for the car and a mains voltage charger for the house / work / on holiday etc at a reasonable price. If only they told jokes as well!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Like a Kangaroo ...., 21 May 2010
Like the kangaroo's pouch, this pouch keeps your HTC Desire safe from most things that life can throw at it (unless it is a truck!).

Free at Last (Radio Collection)
Free at Last (Radio Collection)
by Tony Benn

5.0 out of 5 stars You may not agree with his politics but ...., 13 April 2010
Wishing to take a break from just listening to music, I was looking for something different to load onto my MP3 player. There are a lot of audio books out there but they are often a bit of a let down because the person reading the book does not inspire the listener. I have found a few people whose audio titles provide an insight into history, politics, or science which I find very interesting and the way they deliver the `stories' brings inspiration. Tony Benn is one of them and whilst I may not always agree with his political views I have a lot of respect for him as a politician and how he has shone some light on the workings of government. I will be buying more of his audio titles.

If you are interested the others are Spike Milligan / War diaries, Alistair Cook / Letters from America, & Dr Karl / Great Moments in Science)

Letter from America (Radio Collection)
Letter from America (Radio Collection)
by Alistair Cooke

5.0 out of 5 stars An Inspiration, 13 April 2010

If you are interested the others are Spike Milligan / War diaries, Tony Benn / Diaries, & Dr Karl / Great Moments in Science)

Maxxima MLS-05W Occupancy Sensor 5 LED Light
Maxxima MLS-05W Occupancy Sensor 5 LED Light

5.0 out of 5 stars Shine a Light!, 5 Feb. 2010
Neat little light to permanently place in those unlit places you need to go to when it is dark and you do not wish to get the torch out e.g. large cupboard, shed, greenhouse, or even the car boot if you have no courtesy light. Brightness is okay for retrieving or putting something back or checking which key you need for a lock etc but don't expect to be able to read a book with it. Remember if you go from a well lit area to where this light is it will appear dimmer than if you come from a dark area - all to do with how your eyes adjust to the ambient light levels. Battery life appears okay but of course it depends on how often you go to those unlit places! Sensor works fine when you move into range and it does not come on if it is already light enough. All in all a neat little device for reasonable money.

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12