Profile for Velvet > Reviews

Content by Velvet

Velvet

Logic3 IPS006K i-StationGO Compact Folding Speaker for iPod and MP3 Players - Black
Offered by SmartSalesUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful little speakers., 30 May 2013
These are wonderful little speakers for the price.

They're a nice size, not too small and fiddly like some travel speakers but still small and compact making them easy to carry from room to room or slip into your bag.
They have a nice solid feel to them and the folding mechanism is very smooth. It's a nice touch that they come with batteries included - a lot of things don't these days. The battery compartment is easy to open and closes securely. It also has a helpful ribbon for easy battery removal which is great; I hate fiddling about trying to remove batteries from things. :P

Sound quality seems good. For the size and cost of the speakers they're great quality. Very loud too, and even when I turn my mp3 player up to max volume the music doesn't get distorted.

These are a great buy and I thoroughly recommend.

LATEST COLOUR Acme BABY BLUE Working Dog Whistle 210.5
LATEST COLOUR Acme BABY BLUE Working Dog Whistle 210.5
Offered by Lapal Dimension

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Whistle, 2 Nov 2012
This is a great little whistle, the sound is fairly kind on my ears as far as whistles go, while still carrying well outside even in wet windy conditions.

I got this whistle mainly for my old girl, who is mostly deaf now, and I got tired of shouting over and over, clapping my hands, etc... to get her attention whilst out on walks. Being an older dog it's taking her a little while to learn that the whistle means come, however she is starting to pick it up. She can hear the whistle from a fair distance away which is exactly what we hoped for and with a little more time and training it should work great and help save my voice!

My younger dog has picked it up very quickly and now comes running to me the second she hears the whistle!
It works much better for recall with her then voice aids do. Being a rescue dog who'd never been taken out for a walk before we got her she she gets very distracted by everything and you really have to shout loud to get her attention. However the whistle sound being so distinct and easy for her to hear grabs her attention instantly.

Target Dry Ladies Outback Coat
Target Dry Ladies Outback Coat
Price: £56.95 - £59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Coat, 31 Oct 2012
I bought this coat from the manufacturers website to wear while out with the dogs.
I'm 5'7 and size 12-14. I decided to go with the size 14 to give myself more room for extra layers in winter, and while the coat fits okay and doesn't look too baggy I feel I could have easily gone with the 12 and been happy as it's very spacious.
The coat is the perfect length for me, coming down just below the tops of my wellies and so keeping me completely dry. It's a nice weight, not light but not too heavy. So far it's seen me through a few downpours and worked perfectly. I love the cape around the shoulders, this is the only coat I've had that has kept me 100% dry in a real downpour, usually coats end up leaking around the shoulder seams so the cape is great added protection.

The coat itself looks very nice, I got the Aubergine colour which is a lovely dark purple.
The lining and material help keep it nice and warm, with the coat done up I've found I don't really need many layers on as it's very insulating. The hood is nice, the fact it's lined make it warm and the toggles keep it up even in strong winds. As the hood is quite wide it doesn't restrict my vision as much as other hoods I've had in the past which is lovely!

The only bad thing about the coat for me are the canter straps. I assume by the name they're more for horse riding. I did try them for walking however find them uncomfortable. When I'm not wearing them and just waking the straps get caught up on my welly buckles which is awkward so I ended up just cutting off the straps. However that's a very minor thing and overall I'm extrememly happy with this coat!

Prestige Cool Coat for Dogs, L, Blue
Prestige Cool Coat for Dogs, L, Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 23 May 2012
I bought this coat for my elderly golden retriever, she really suffers in the hot weather and as she's gotten older has been less able to enjoy her walks in the hotter months. She also has a heart condition, and the extra strain from the heat wasn't helping.
This coat is amazing! I wasn't sure how well it would work but thought I'd give it a try, and it's well surpassed any expectations I had.

The coat has kept her at a nice comfortable temperature; no more heavy panting or wanting to lay in every shady patch she sees. She's been much more relaxed on her walks, more energetic and able to enjoy herself.
Even after being out sunbathing on the beach for three hours the coat had not dried out and she was very happy.

The coat itself is lovely, it's amazing how soft it feels when damp. It took a few tries to find how much to ring it out, at first we rang it out too much and it dried out quicker, but we soon found what worked best. It folds up nice and small so we can damp the coat at home then just wrap it up in a plastic bag to take with us. And if we're out for a very long time we can just take a bottle of water with us to dampen it down again if needed.

So glad I bought this coat, and I'm sure my dog is too!

Dog DeShedding Tool for Large Dogs
Dog DeShedding Tool for Large Dogs
Offered by Gatex

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 3 Dec 2011
I bought this for my Golden Retriever during the summer as she suffers a lot with the heat. I've tried many different brushes and shedding tools in the past and have been disappointed with all of them.

I'd seen this brush advertised in pet shops before and thought it looked promising but the price put me off. After seeing it on Amazon for around half the price it was in shops I decided to give it a go.

I've found this works brilliantly. It strips out her undercoat leaving her fur lovely and smooth. It really helped her cope with the heat of summer and did help reduce her shedding as well (not completely, but a lot better then usual).

The Great Convergence (The Book of Deacon 2)
The Great Convergence (The Book of Deacon 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 3 Dec 2011
This series has to be one of the best I've read for a while.

I was slightly hesitant about purchasing this book at first, as although I loved the first I've often found that series which start with a free book go downhill in the paid sequels. Thankfully this was not the case here and this book was equally enjoyable, well worth the money.
In this book we see some interesting character development, twists and turns. A great book that leaves you wanting to read more.

The only faults are with the formatting. As with the first book the lack of chapters is slightly disappointing (and has led to some late nights where I just couldn't find a good place to stop reading, although I suppose that's not a bad thing). It would have been nice if there were separate chapters or more use of paragraphs to help break up the text a little.

Overall this is turning out to be a great series, one I'd highly recommend.

Some Summonings Are Suspect
Some Summonings Are Suspect

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth a read, 3 Dec 2011
A fun little free story, worth a read if you enjoy humour.

It was a fairly entertaining read, though it would have been nice if a little more detail were added. It felt slightly too short to me and I feel more humour could have been added by going into a little more detail about the actions of each party.
Overall it was a nice little story, well formatted and edited, I'm glad I downloaded it.

The Book of Deacon
The Book of Deacon

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Book, 1 Dec 2011
Like many others I downloaded this book because it was free and had a few good reviews.

After a little reading I got wrapped up in the story and found it to be a wonderful read. I was surprised by the length and quality, for a free book this is amazing. The characters are wonderful and well fleshed out, the story and plot really draws you in and the book is one I couldn't put down.

The only issue is with the lack of chapters, it would have been nice to give the book a little more formatting.

I enjoyed this book so much I went on to buy the others in the series and was equally impressed with those.
Great characters, interesting plot and well written.

Eco-Nique Natural Hemp Brown Case Cover for 6-inch Amazon Kindle 3/Global Wireless - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Case, 13 Aug 2011
Slightly padded to give it a nice soft feel this case is lovely in your hands. The embroidery is a very nice touch and the case has a lovely earthy look to it that I love.

There is a nice secure popper to hold the case shut and a velcro strap (replacing the shiny popper shown in early photos) to keep your kindle in place.
The kindle slips nicely into place and is held snugly and securely by the case. The cut out sections allow easy access to all the buttons and allow you to recharge your kindle without removing it from the case. Mesh over the speakers offers protection while letting the sound pass through unhindered.

Overall a lovely case, glad I bought it.
Comment Comment | Permalink