Profile for F. I. Sant > Reviews

Content by F. I. Sant

F. I. Sant "santy" (Wales)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
WLtoys V686G Part V686-20 3.7V 730mAh Battery for WLtoys/JJRC V686G RC FPV Quadcopter
Offered by douself

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor substitute for the originals, 16 Mar. 2016
I bought 2 of these and am sorry to say, they are not as good as the original. They last about half as long in flights.

Plater® Smart Baby Monitor Wifi Video Baby Camera with P2P Night Vision Record Video Two-way Audio Motion Detected Support TF Card for Iphone Ipad Android Smartphone-Blue
Offered by Plater

2.0 out of 5 stars Good when they work, 28 Jan. 2016
I have two of these, one in my living room near my router and one in my shed running from a wifi extender. They both lose the wifi connection frequently and it's a devil of a job to get it back. Pity as they are good when they work. A more robust wifi camera system does not yet exist at this price.

12 Pairs Mens 100% Cotton Dark Assorted Non Elastic socks / Size 6 -11
12 Pairs Mens 100% Cotton Dark Assorted Non Elastic socks / Size 6 -11
Offered by School Wear United & Ayra® Mens Wear

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't try walking too far in these, 21 July 2015
OK for sandals but useless in shoes and trainers. Walking quarter of a mile up our hill and down again in trainers has them down round by my toes and beyond. They went baggy in a day's wear.

Led Lenser 8403 P3BM Professional LED Key-Ring Torch (Gift Box) - Black
Led Lenser 8403 P3BM Professional LED Key-Ring Torch (Gift Box) - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars My other P3 is sweetness itself to use so I may send this one ..., 17 Aug. 2014
This isn't the same P3 Lenser as I bought last year. The lens is larger but the main drawback is the switch. It is recessed deep into the end and is very difficult to switch on or off. I bought it for my wife and even her smaller fingers have a job to use it. My other P3 is sweetness itself to use so I may send this one back. It wasn't in a test-it pack either.

David Busch's Olympus OM-D E-M1 Guide to Digital Photography
David Busch's Olympus OM-D E-M1 Guide to Digital Photography
by David D. Busch

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than the original manual but with some errors, 13 July 2014
I have this book and his Nikon D800 Guide. They are both very good and there are sections on memory cards, dust on sensors etc. that are word for word in both books. Both expand on the respective Manuals which is especially important with The OMD-EM1 as the PDF Olympus manual is so labyrinthine. Despite having used the camera for around 9 months, this guide clarified one or two points that I didn't realise I could do.
However the description of Geotagging is a little ambiguous. When discussing using the camera's built in WiFi with Olympus OI Share on a smart phone for geotagging, the author states that geotags can only be added at the time of image creation and that you cannot apply them afterwards.This is not the case as far as I have found. You switch on the OI Share app and enable geotagging: the camera times when a photograph was taken; the smartphone records a track with timing using its GPS; OI Share puts the two together later using the WiFi connection between the camera and the phone. As long as you don't delete the track in the phone, the geotags can be added at anytime. In fact this is the only way it works. If the camera WiFi is linked to the phone, I find that I cannot take a photograph without switching WiFi off. If he meant that your smartphone must be picking up the GPS signal as you cannot add a location later, of course you can. Adobe Lightroom will do this if you can remember where the photo was taken and can read a map!

Music of King Oliver
Music of King Oliver
Offered by EliteDigital UK

5.0 out of 5 stars King Oliver's music with modern recording techniques, 12 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Music of King Oliver (Audio CD)
This is the best re-creation of King Oliver's music that I have heard so far. What a pity that recording techniques were primitive when the real thing was around. Canal Street Blues is magnificent. In the blurb, the writer mentions that Wilber was to do more Oliver re-creations but I have been unable to find any so I reckon that the project was never finished. I would have loved to hear music from the later Dixie Syncopaters era

Lowe Alpine Wind River Jacket (X Large, Fern)
Lowe Alpine Wind River Jacket (X Large, Fern)

5.0 out of 5 stars So good I bought a second!, 12 Jan. 2014
I bought a Lowe Alpine light-weight Triple Point Ceramic jacket in the 1990s when they first came available and was pleased to see that it outlasted the Goretex equivalents by many years. I still have this original and it is still good looking but has lost its waterproofness due to flaking of the triple point ceramics from the hood and shoulders. I still use it for odd jobs. I couldn't replace it for a long time and was pleased to see a similar jacket back. I got at least 8 years of waterproof rough usage out of the old one and expect the new one to be as good. There have been a few style changes such as cuff fastening and it seems to be a closer fit than the old one but that could be due to intervening expansion of the wearer!

Ultimate Spitfires
Ultimate Spitfires

4.0 out of 5 stars Describes the development and testing of the Gtriffon Spitfires., 12 Jan. 2014
I downloaded this book for the Kindle. It's a hard book to read in one go, being full of test flight details but pretty comprehensively describes the Griffon engined Spitfires and their ultimate developments, the Spiteful and Seafang. I had to use other Spitfire books in conjunction as the illustrations are sparse.

Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 R black, V315030BE000 (1:4.0-5.6 R black EZ-M4015 R black)
Offered by NextLevelSavings

5.0 out of 5 stars This lens is Superb, 18 Sept. 2013
OK, I'm a retired pro photographer and still have a Nikon D800 and D700 plus numerous lenses. However at 71, I found my shoulders were beginning to droop with the weight of the DSLR plus lens. I took the plunge and bought a little Olympus Pen together with this lens and a 14-42. I have been amazed at the image quality of this telephoto zoom. It certainly beats the 70- 300 Nikkor I use as a travel lens and is almost as good as my f2.8 70- 200 VR AF Nikkor, a lens costing over 5 times as much but shoulder numbingly heavy. It's a treat to carry the Pen outfit around and the only drawback I can see is that because of the smaller sensor size on the Pen, I won't be able to print images beyond A3 but now I'm retired, I don't need to anymore!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 10, 2013 8:43 PM GMT

Nikon GP1-CA10 10-Pin Cable for GP-1
Nikon GP1-CA10 10-Pin Cable for GP-1

3.0 out of 5 stars Better design., 13 July 2013
My original cable cracked across the plug as the angle when on the camera was such that it stuck out and took a lot of flexing when placed in a camera bag. This replacement has a redesigned plug that sits more upright and has a better locking ring. Terribly expensive though at almost half the cost of the GP-1.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3