Profile for SILEeeles > Reviews

Scripted
Scripted
Price: 12.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome album!, 5 Oct 2013
This review is from: Scripted (Audio CD)
It is not often I come across albums where I like every single song. I'm generally not a fan of slower ballads and stuff, but here ... I love it. From start to finish it just grabs your attention. For me the stand out tracks are "Up In Flames", "Theater", "Iodine" and "Get Well" but honestly they are all awesome.

If I had one criticism about the album, it would be its length. At 31 minutes it just ends to quickly. I guess the argument could be made that its easily absorbable, doesn't waste your time. I'm used to albums passing 60 mins in length, the quicker ones being no more than 40 mins, etc. This is in no way a negative comment about the album, just a personal thing I would have preferred, but the songs on the album easily make up for it.

Very much looking forward to the next album. So should you be if you've heard Cynics & Critics :)

Now
Now
Offered by skyvo-direct
Price: 10.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, 21 Sep 2013
This review is from: Now (Audio CD)
I think I must be the only person who doesn't associate this band with religion/Christianity. I mean yes that's what they ARE, but that's not what they are to ME. I'm not a religious person. Never have been, never will be. But I like this bands music, and that is good enough for me. This album (along with Unbreakable) is one of my favorites of theirs, although I find I'm not so fond of the softer ballady songs.

Brand New Zoom G1XN Guitar Multi Effects Pedal FX
Brand New Zoom G1XN Guitar Multi Effects Pedal FX

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic device, 15 April 2013
This device is awesome given the price point. Many people have said that it makes for a decent enough practice pedal but nothing more ... ignore these people, because clearly they haven't gotten to terms with the inner workings of the device.

It comes preloaded with sounds and settings, and some of them are good, some of them are lacking in areas, but this doesn't matter. Why? Because you can make your own sounds. To suit you. And you can get pretty much any sound you want.

I wont go into details, leave a comment if you're curious, but so far its done everything I've wanted it to, and then some more.

Glad I bought it.

Sharkoon 2-in-1 Kit 30cm Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamps Case Modding Accessories - Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, very happy, 28 Jun 2012
Very pleased with the results of this. I made a video of the testing and installation

[...]

It arrived the next day, since I took advantage of an Amazon prime trial. They were lacking instructions in my case, although as I later discovered they were floating around in the bottom of the box the thing was delivered in. Not a big issue for me, they are simple enough to work, which should be the case, since you are likely buying these with a decent amount of computer knowledge and/or building experience under your belt.

They fit very nicely into my case although because of the design of my case, I should perhaps have gone with shorter cathodes. My own fault, at the end of the day, but I made it work for me.

Everything is installed and is tidy, the inverter is hidden, as are the power cables. To the people complaining that the Velcro provided is not very good, I would suggest cleaning your case, or at least the area you intend to affix the bulbs too, since sticking things onto dust is never going to work out, and if that's not the issue, then I don't know what is. The bulbs are so lightweight, even the worst Velcro in the world would hold them in place.

Very pleased, awesome buy.

ARTIC Cooling ARTIC F12
ARTIC Cooling ARTIC F12
Price: 4.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fan, shifts plenty of air, 26 Jun 2012
Im using this on my cases side panel (picture up top) to shift air away from the graphics card and it does that perfectly. As an intake fan though? Not so good. Shifts the air, sure, but you'd have to put up with a slight humming noise while it does so.

I also did not get a "PWM" fan (which is 4 pin). Sure, I can control it via my BIOS or Speedfan (thanks to the motherboard) but otherwise it was not PWM.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 7, 2013 2:58 PM GMT

IDE to SATA or SATA to IDE Bi-Directional Converter Adaptor ATA 100/133
IDE to SATA or SATA to IDE Bi-Directional Converter Adaptor ATA 100/133
Offered by Digiflex
Price: 7.15

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit unsure what to do with it., 26 Jun 2012
I bought this item and in all fairness,it was delivered quickly. however, it failed to work at all, I don't know if the ASRock G31M-S R2.0 just doesn't support it, or its just generally down to luck whether it works or not.

akasa AK-274CC-4RAS 120mm Quiet Rainbow Fan
akasa AK-274CC-4RAS 120mm Quiet Rainbow Fan
Price: 7.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fan, and nice looking, 26 Jun 2012
Although this fan is not the best at pushing air (compared to, say, my Arctic F12) it does do a decent job, and on top of that, it does look awesome, as my uploaded (SILEeeles) picture will show.

I have been tempted to get another one ever since but it is unnecessary

K5-715B Gaming Case with red interior (No psu)
K5-715B Gaming Case with red interior (No psu)
Offered by Computer Technology Stoke Limited & InternetCT
Price: 39.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic case, love it., 26 Jun 2012
I bought this case at the recommendation of my brother, although he purchased the K5-720B which has a completely different front. The interiors however, are identical.

I have already uploaded a Picture of my case with the componenets all installed, and as I hope you will be able to see, the cable management is great. The led down in terms of cable management is the short size of my PSU cables, so this is not the cases fault.

It is a great case.

AsRock 970 Extreme3 Motherboard
AsRock 970 Extreme3 Motherboard
Offered by Kikatek
Price: 62.54

3.0 out of 5 stars Asrock Extreme3 AM3+, 15 May 2012
Since having this board, I have had three, and all three have failed. Whilst they were working they were awesome, but this failure is stupid.

It happens when a BIOS update occurs. Yes it was myself that did the update and I did it correctly, but sure enough a while afterwards ... kaput. Gone. Oh it will power everything up (such as any fans connected to the PWM headers but beyond that, nothing. No POST, no beeps no nothing.

Obviously this is a fault within the board somewhere, and anyone how HASN'T had a failure I would recommend that you DON'T update your bios.

I am moving to an Asus board now and hopefully things will run a lot better (and for longer).
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 2, 2012 3:35 PM BST

Splinter Cell Conviction (PC DVD)
Splinter Cell Conviction (PC DVD)
Offered by PNA247
Price: 4.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Splinter Cell Conviction (PC), 17 April 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
My reasoning for low stars are merely because of how bad this game has been ported to PC.

So many developers are focusing now on console games (I guess that's where the money is) that PC gamers such as myself get left with Star Trek online RPG and I wouldn't play that if you paid me, and I like sci-fi stuff.

I just want ONE game that works on PC as it should. Unfortunately no developer ever thinks about PC games and only a few of them ever end up being optimized (Borderlands and both Mass Effect games are brilliantly optimized PC games, for instance) where as this one was, I suspect, just ported and "it works, sell it!" strategy was applied, which I can imagine is what happened with Bulletstorm, Fable 3 and so on.

Any developer SHOULD KNOW that mouse smoothing isn't needed on Computers. Its for consoles, SO REMOVE IT!

the controller schemes. With the keyboard and mouse combination, although not everyone's favorite (and if its not your likely a console gamer), you know how customizable it is, and how much more accurate the mouse it, and developers often make it difficult to re-bind keys and so on, aside from making it feel like i should be using a controller and its not on. I chose to play this on PC, and its your job to make sure it all works and feels right. Does anyone ever test these games once they've been ported?

The game itself is actually a pretty good game, and I liked the story aspect of it, but the whole technical side of things just ruined the experience for me. I'm well within the recommended specs (and above) and I know I'm not the only one who has struggled with this game somewhat.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4