Profile for J. A. C. Auvache > Reviews

Spy for the Queen of Scots
Spy for the Queen of Scots
by Theresa Breslin

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing changes, 6 July 2014
Book came on time and well packed as always.
I bought this book for my 9 years old granddaughter and she is reading it avidly.

Kids Fruit of the Loom Set In Sleeve Sweatshirt, Kids-Red-Size 5-6-FREE SHIPPING
Offered by Discount Clothing 4U--Clothing-Bowls-Snooker

5.0 out of 5 stars My fault, 9 Jun. 2014
I chose this rating because I have bought these sweat shirts for myself and found them excellent.They are very well made in a great range of colours.The neck and waist bands continue to keep their elasticity even after many washes.For these very reasons I decided to get a couple for my 5 years old grandson.Unfortunately I didn't realise he was big for his age and he needs the next size up which I shall order today.

The Complete Roman Legions
The Complete Roman Legions
by Nigel Pollard

5.0 out of 5 stars What the Romans did for us., 3 May 2014
My grandchildren will soon be learning about the Romans at school.I had hoped this book would help them. When I browsed through it myself I was very impressed.It was entertainingly written and packed with information-so much so that as soon as they have finished with it I look forward to reading it myself.
A good read!

Verdi: La Traviata [DVD] (1993) (German Import) [2001]
Verdi: La Traviata [DVD] (1993) (German Import) [2001]
Dvd ~ Edita Gruberova

2.0 out of 5 stars I can hear proper opera buffs baying for my blood!, 6 Mar. 2014
Unfortunately I saw Natalie Dessay's Violetta before I watched Gruberova.Now I'm not educated in classical music
but I know what I like.In my opinion Dessay's performance was magnificent and Gruberova's had more than a little
touch of Mrs.Slocombe.
Verdi's music is superb but the orchestra didn't do it justice.
I thought the set could have been better.
All in all a poor show.

Amefa Vintage Harley 24 Piece 6 Person Cutlery Set - Gift Boxed
Amefa Vintage Harley 24 Piece 6 Person Cutlery Set - Gift Boxed
Offered by MMP Living

4.0 out of 5 stars Does not 100 per cent cut the mustard., 2 Feb. 2014
I was looking for some cutlery to replace a set of stainless steel cutlery with plastic handles.The handles were becoming loose so I felt completely steel would be the answer.I surfed the web and thought the Amefa set would do the job nicely.
The problem I have found with most sets is the design of the table fork.Too many modern designs feature forks with totally impractical short and stubby prongs.The Amefa set had the old fashioned long pronged design which looks good and works perfectly!
I would have given three stars if the cutlery had been a little stronger.

UEFA Champions League Final 2011 FC Barcelona 3 Manchester United 1 [DVD]
UEFA Champions League Final 2011 FC Barcelona 3 Manchester United 1 [DVD]
Offered by A2Z Entertains

5.0 out of 5 stars A football master class!, 2 Feb. 2014
This is a great DVD.A feast for football fans who like great football and have an open mind.
For people who perhaps live on another planet and don't know the result, buy this DVD and enjoy a master lass.I shall say no more.

Laliga Greatest Game - Barcelona Vs Real Madrid [DVD]
Laliga Greatest Game - Barcelona Vs Real Madrid [DVD]
Dvd ~ La Liga Greatest Game

1.0 out of 5 stars It doesn't always do what it says on the tin!, 2 Feb. 2014
I feel angry and hugely disappointed.Real Madrid and Barcelona are arguably the two best football teams in the world.I was eager to see which of their matches was considered the greatest game.What I saw was a history of the two clubs rivalry.Not uninteresting,but definitely not a game!
I can see why they chose the title they did.It would sell far more DVD's than an honest one.
I would love to know how many other people fell for it.

Darling Monster: The Letters of Lady Diana Cooper to her Son John Julius Norwich 1939-1952
by Diana Cooper

3.0 out of 5 stars In pending box, 31 Dec. 2013
I started to read it but it wasn't a page turner so will try again in the new year.I may have chosen a wrong book for me.

Legrand: Legrand Jazz [DVD] [2011] [NTSC]
Legrand: Legrand Jazz [DVD] [2011] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Michel Legrand

5.0 out of 5 stars Magic, 28 Nov. 2013
This DVD took an old man right to the times of his youth! Superb jazz! Great music for one and all but a special rejuvenator for my generation.It will put joy in your heart and a spring in your step!

Art of Writing Advertising: Conversations with Masters of the Craft (Advertising Age Classics Library)
by Denis Higgins

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 6 Oct. 2013
When I was young I was a very poor copywriter.I knew it when I saw what Bill Bernbach was doing in America. I got out of advertising.Sixty years later I saw this book and decided to buy it and discover where I had gone wrong.I found out. If only Bill had spilt the beans those years ago I might have become a decent copywriter myself.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3