Profile for Gazzoid > Reviews

Gazzoid (UK)

A Sinner's Sermon
A Sinner's Sermon

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive Rockabilly Goodness, 19 Mar. 2014
This review is from: A Sinner's Sermon (MP3 Download)
I first heard of these guys when investigating the music in a tongue in cheek horror film I watched (Trailer Park of Terror). One of the bad guys in the film plays an electrical guitar with a built in amp. After a bit of digging on IMDB I started looking out for music by them and snapped up this EP when it was released. Love it and can't wait for some more releases.

Do the Work
Do the Work

4.0 out of 5 stars Like a tough but fair sports coach, 24 April 2011
This review is from: Do the Work (Kindle Edition)
I picked this up for free having never come across Steven Pressfield before. It doesn`t offer a magic trick to productivity but I found it an engaging read and I can relate to the resistance concept and the need to beat it into submission. I will be looking up Steven's novels. If they are as imbued with energy as this small book I'm sure to enjoy them. Cheers for the free ebook and a kick in the motivational parts Steven and thanks to Seth Godin for blogging about it.

Medal of Honor: Airborne (PC DVD)
Medal of Honor: Airborne (PC DVD)
Offered by scaddingk

2.0 out of 5 stars Frustration Embodied in Code, 5 Sept. 2009
This game is the most frustrating FPS experience I've ever had. Repeated deaths from foes you can't even see, clunky leaning mechanics, unrealistically respawning enemies and level designs that hinder rather than providing much needed cover. Buy Call of Duty 2 instead and enjoy a game that is challenging but fair and balanced. Considering this game is supposed to give you freedom, seeing as you can parachute in, you spend a lot of time being railroaded and banging your head against a wall because you can't flank enemies. Call of Duty is very linear itself, but you can approach buildings and installations from multiple directions. I'm all up for hard games the take a lot of getting used to (I developed Gravity Core!) but there are much more rewarding shooters out there (COD2, COD4, FEAR, Quake4 etc).Call of Duty 2: Game of the Year Edition (PC DVD)

Pray For Villains
Pray For Villains
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 5 Sept. 2009
This review is from: Pray For Villains (Audio CD)
I first started listening to Devildriver when they released The Fury of Our Maker's Hand. I was blown away by their mix of sheer agression, ridiculously fast drums and highly technical guitars. Both subsequent albums have been a step forward for the band, refining the sound and maintaining an interesting variety of tunes. Hopefully this album will push them into the forefront, as they definitely deserve a huge fanbase. Bring on the next album guys!